Oculus release - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-14-2018, 03:48 PM   #31
fitness88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburne View Post
No, folks stopped it from launching by setting the Oculus Client to " Run as Administrator".
Then it would not automatically launch when putting headset on.
That does not work any longer in 1.31 Rift Core 2.0. There will be no display in the Rift.

Yes I see I need to first open Oculus then open DCS, it seems Oculus is not auto opening and thus no display in the Rift without first opening Oculus.
fitness88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 04:27 PM   #32
dburne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness88 View Post
Yes I see I need to first open Oculus then open DCS, it seems Oculus is not auto opening and thus no display in the Rift without first opening Oculus.
If you had your Oculus client set to "run as administrator", you can remove the check for that and it should then auto launch when you put the headset on. Or if you prefer launching it yourself then leave as is.

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro|VPC T-50 |Warthog Throttle|MFG Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:32 PM   #33
fitness88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburne View Post
If you had your Oculus client set to "run as administrator", you can remove the check for that and it should then auto launch when you put the headset on. Or if you prefer launching it yourself then leave as is.

Thanks...Yes by removing the check in run as admin. Oculus now auto loads. There is an interesting app I installed from one of the forum contributors here call DCS Configuration Manager. It installs 2 shortcuts to DCS, 1 to run DCS without VR and Oculus [good for testing] and the 2nd shortcut runs DCS in VR and Oculus. It can also save the DCS options for both shortcuts individually as you would probably have different graphic options for VR and non-VR set-ups.

Also I think because you like me run DCS most of the time in single player we experience a very smooth non-jittery flight but I like every now and then to find someone to fly with in MP.

Last edited by fitness88; 10-14-2018 at 05:35 PM.
fitness88 is offline   Reply With Quote