MiG-29 New Systems, any info?

FoxAlfa

In the manual p.49 (PDF p.55) is the TWS2 mode described which enables you to attack 2 targets simultaneously with R-77.

Did somebody try it out already?

Yes, it is... it has been in the game for a while, there are few tutorial videos you can check on YouTube how to use it.

Per example:

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

From the DCS World bin folder:

dcs_updater.exe install MIG-29

Thanks .. worked fine, copied the manual into my library and then deleted the module from within DCS as it gave a message related to not having the license for that module :)

Something I noticed while programming my Hotas, is that now there are two keybinds for the wheelbrakes, where previously we only had the w-key:

Wheel_Brake_On = {w}

Wheel_Brake_Start = {LSHF w}

Dont know the difference between both yet.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I guess it's like the Su27, you have regular brake and a stronger brake for take off, that will hold you even on full power.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Yes, it is... it has been in the game for a while, there are few tutorial videos you can check on YouTube how to use it.

Per example:

Thx for the link. Pretty cool stuff :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

I've noticed that there's a estimated range dial indicator on that fuel gauge, never saw that in action before, it's a cool thing to have. But I haven't touched the MiGs literally for ages now since I didn't like flying SFM anymore and I've strung my Flankers to the ground due to trim issues pinkiepieexcited.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I hope they found info about the real mode to select two aircraft, and launch the R-77 with no lock on one of them (only MIG-29S). ARH missiles doesn't need a lock to be launched.

Neither does all SARH missiles. Lock-On-After-Launch and Lock-On-Before-Launch functionalities ain't tied to seeker head classification.

SARH can even be launched in some systems passively while still in the Search mode and only Lock target when the missile gets close.

With some systems (mainly SAM) the missile can be guided with separate narrow beam guidance radar that only alarms the target when missile is just to hit it.

And SARH even allows to engage two targets at once, a more modern radars even four targets with SARH missiles, but each has their own limitations and launch parameter requirements when you can do that.

In the F-15, is only reduced the radar scan area, to send the AIM-120C more accurate in TWS

TWS is always less accurate than STT. Over the time the computer builds the TWS track where the gate goes smaller and smaller, smaller it goes, more accurate the missile intercept point is. But if the target maneuvers out of the gate prediction, radar will lose the track and intercept point is required to be recalculated after some tracking.

If you want to maximize the hit, use STT, as it doesn't matter does the target get a lock tone or not, as they do know you are there, what is your approximate range and your tactics. And they will start to counter your possible TWS guidance with simple maneuvers so you are wasting missiles by trying to be "sneaky". But when it comes to intercept a high altitude high speed targets, TWS can be the best way to go as you likely are 2 vs 10 or so, and targets can't maneuver at high speed and high altitude so they can't get away from the TWS tracking gate.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Interesting that speed break is not possible when gears are down. Considering that how many were questioning that should they deploy air break when landing and use more of the throttle or what.

Ain't that same thing with the Su-27S?

I'm so happy with this FREE upgrade ... cant wait to see what ED will do with the Blackshark.

Cheers!

Yeah, that is one of the reasons why I am going to purchase the MAC when it gets released. And I am little waiting that Su-27S would get something new too if there are things lacking (like SPO-15 functions).

And what about KA-50? Is there a thread in its sub-forum about it getting refreshed/changed?

I really hope MAC cockpits will get better simulation as currently its feedback is so low that it is actually making plane harder to use than it should be if this would been full fidelity module.

While I understand the simplification of user controls and systems, cockpit should reflect in whole what user had set and not be let to the guessing game.

It would been really nice to learn that we will with MAC finally be able to see switches reflecting the weapons, radar and _navigation_ settings... and last but not least things like chaff/flare counter which has its own textue in cockpit since flanker 2.5 (16 years!) and has never worked. :(

29FC.thumb.jpg.137bb8d4d8aa8adfcbcae10df421c96e.jpg

Edited by Vatikus

And what about KA-50? Is there a thread in its sub-forum about it getting refreshed/changed?

It was announced on the newsletter, but only a cockpit refresh:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3548557&postcount=148

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It would been really nice to learn that we will with MAC finally be able to see switches reflecting the weapons, radar and _navigation_ settings... and last but not least things like chaff/flare counter which has its own textue in cockpit since flanker 2.5 (16 years!) and has never worked. :(

That is what I would expect. If you set something with HOTAS or keyboard, then cockpit animation should reflect the change. Just like a gear leveler or flaps lights.

Developers can save time from not implementing clickable functions and logic behind controls, but not in animations. IMHO.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

Thanks, needed even to subscribe to that thread to get updates as my email subscription doesn't always work.

I hope while they are at it, they remove the few "not implement" features and either add them or remove them. And we get nice rain effects...

The Mig update has been a blast... Very nice to fly now.

It was announced on the newsletter, but only a cockpit refresh:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3548557&postcount=148

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

And they will start to counter your possible TWS guidance with simple maneuvers

Demonstrated to be false in real combat.

Yes, STT is more accurate and robust. No, you're not ditching TWS with some sort of 'simple maneuver'. It's designed to make it difficult for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Wheel_Brake_On = {w}

Wheel_Brake_Start = {LSHF w}

Dont know the difference between both yet.

You already have an answer but look for the brake pressure gauge. Quite a difference.

And for those interested in EKRAN system there's some info I found, which was not easy:

https://www.fxp.co.il/showthread.php?t=84620

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria