Some details of FC3 AFM Missile Improvements - Page 40 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-16-2015, 07:11 AM   #391
Witchking

Send a message via MSN to Witchking

I know that P is rear aspect, but M didn't have an aspect specified in the encyclopedia or I missed it. I chose M and used those.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #392
Ragnarok

@GGTharos
with last patch, not only corrected ER, but also AIM-120?
Range for ER is 65.5km and this is perfect, but it seems to me that the trajectory for АИМ120 is lowered to a height altitude, quickly passing distance with higher energy expenditure. Especially at more than 33000ft altitude. What this is about?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_150415_194411.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	116519  
Attached Files
File Type: rar tacview ER vs AIM.rar (126.6 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by Ragnarok; 04-17-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:00 PM   #393
GGTharos
Veteran

I don't know how to fully answer your question (As in I don't know the answers right at the moment, I have to look at the files and I'm not close to my PC) but I will try, just keep in mind that some of this may be inaccurate information:

The DLZ for various missiles was corrected. So, the DLZ should show you the correct Rmax for some definition of Rmax.

Regarding AIM-120, I don't understand what you mean exactly, but I did suggest a temporary change to the loft trajectory because of the transition from loft -> PN is poorly modeled and destroys missile speed.

As for AIM-120 energy, don't get me started. IMHO all RF missiles have way too much drag in the game, the same drag as an IR missile, sometimes more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
@GGTharos
with last patch, not only corrected ER, but also AIM-120?
Range for ER is 65.5km and this is perfect, but it seems to me that the trajectory for АИМ120 is lowered to a height altitude, quickly passing distance with higher energy expenditure. Especially at more than 33000ft altitude. What this is about?

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:26 PM   #394
Ragnarok

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
As for AIM-120 energy, don't get me started. IMHO all RF missiles have way too much drag in the game, the same drag as an IR missile, sometimes more.
I try to see the flight phase with the available energy for each missile particularly in separate conditions. Therefore, any change in trajectory, even without changes in aerodynamics, a lot of change concept in the fight. I do not care which the missile is better, but I must to know their value in same conditions.

Please, test the loft trajectory, and whether there are changes, and whether it is compensated a decrease in resistance with a particular AoA to achieve r_max?!