Oculus release

spike2450

Now that Oculus Dash is released for everyone, is there anyway to start DCS like we used to without starting the oculus software first.

Not that I am aware of.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

is this for all rift users or just intiatially for ppl in the test channel...?

It is being rolled out to all.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Oculus has always done gradually rollouts over the course of several days.

Don B

Does any have anything to say about the changes/improvements using 2.0.

I'm assuming it's still only in beta?

No, the version rolling out to all now is no longer in Beta. At least officially.

I have been running Rift Core 2.0/Dash ever since it became available in beta which was I believe last Jan.

I myself really like it , but am fairly used to it now. I did not find it caused me any performance hits over running the Rift without Oculus Home open.

Edited by dburne

Don B

No, the version rolling out to all now is no longer in Beta. At least officially.

I have been running Rift Core 2.0/Dash ever since it became available in beta which was I believe last Jan.

I myself really like it , but am fairly used to it now. I did not find it caused me any performance hits over running the Rift without Oculus Home open.

My current Oculus version is 1.31.0.686553. Where do you download 2.0?

On the beta tab I enabled then disabled Public Test Version, I tried Demo Mode.

I have Automatic App Update enabled and I tried the Dash and new Home.

I should ask if it is an improvement?

Edited by fitness88

1. Open the Oculus app on your computer.
  2. Select Settings in the left menu.
  3. Click Beta in the top tab list.
  4. Turn the “Rift Core 2.0 Beta” toggle on to opt in to the Rift Core 2.0 beta.

I don't see the “Rift Core 2.0 Beta” toggle or any 2.0 download option.

My current Oculus version is 1.31.0.686553. Where do you download 2.0?

On the beta tab I enabled then disabled Public Test Version, I tried Demo Mode.

I have Automatic App Update enabled and I tried the Dash and new Home.

I should ask if it is an improvement?

1.31 is what is considered Rift Core 2.0 / Dash.

Don B

Is there a benefit in DCS to running the beta for oculus?

Oculus software - 1.31 - is no longer in Beta.

You can sign up for the Public Test Channel and get new releases before the general public.

Don B

Thanks dburne for the explanation.

Lots of talk about 2.0 on the Oculus site but no reference to it being built into 1.31.0.686553.

1.31 is without a doubt Oculus Riftcore 2.0 / Dash.

Don B

1.31 is without a doubt Oculus Riftcore 2.0 / Dash.

What's been confusing me is the only time I would see The new Oculus Home showing a tall ship was in the Public Test Channel, now I see it when I'm not in the PTC as a result of an update a couple of days ago. The old Home showing a carpet on the floor is now finished, correct?

What's been confusing me is the only time I would see The new Oculus Home showing a tall ship was in the Public Test Channel, now I see it when I'm not in the PTC as a result of an update a couple of days ago. The old Home showing a carpet on the floor is now finished, correct?

Yes correct.

There are also different Home themes in Rift Core 2.0 you can choose from.

Don B

Yes correct.

There are also different Home themes in Rift Core 2.0 you can choose from.

Thanks...

I used to be able to run DCS without Oculus Home opening, now with the new version it's back to opening automatically when I click on DCS. I'm trying to remember what I did to prevent it from opening.

Also is this new Oculus version any better at opening DCS from its library, the older version wasn't able to?