Question On Playing Offline

BuzzU

I had a system crash yesterday and thought my system was porked. Fortunately, it wasn't hardware, but something in the software. I finally figured how to get past the blue screen and get into the system so I could do a recovery. Of course old files couldn't be saved, so I had a clean install of Windows and had to start from scratch again.

So, i'm downloaded 1.5/1.7 again. I'm also going to lose my internet connection soon and will be playing offline only. Are there any restrictions when playing offline? I know in IL2BOS you can't play the campaign offline. Is DCS like this too?

Also, i'll be stuck in 1.7 for all the time my connection is gone. What campaigns can I buy for the A-10C that will work for 1.7? I thought i'd stock up on campaigns so i'll have something to do offline for at least 6mo. I see a lot of campaigns for the Hog saying it's for 1.5. I'm not sure if they'll work for 1.7? I won't be able to get any updates they might get later.

Buzz

DCS Currently has two versions: 1.5 and 2.1 ... the first one has the Caucasus Map, while the second can be used with the Nevada and/or Normandy Maps.

Both can be used without Internet connection, but you will have to have all your modules activated prior to quiting your Internet connection.

Regarding the Campaigns for A-10C, there are the following:

For DCS 1.5:

- A-10C Tactical Training Qualification Campaign

- A-10C Stone Shield Campaign

- A-10C Basic Flight Training Campaign

- A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification Campaign

- A-10C Operation Piercing Fury

- A-10C The Enemy Within Campaign

For DCS 2.1 there is only:

A-10C 16-2 Red Flag Campaign

tough Baltic Dragon is preparing a training campaign for Nevada that seems really good, pity that its still not out.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Ok, so all the campaigns that say they're for 1.5 will work ok with 1.7? I ask because one of the campaigns I noticed said it was for 1.7.

I'm not going to bother with the 2.1 Normandy map, because it's too unfinished and I won't be around for the update to 2.5. I'll also miss the update to Causasus too, but it looks and runs better than Normandy, so i'll stick with it.

Buzz

There is no DCS 1.7 version ... Maybe you are confusing it with 1.5.7?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Sorry, my brain is fried from installing so many sims/stuff today. Yes, 1.5.7

It's the Tactical Training Qualification Campaign that mentions 1.5.7 and the rest say 1.5. That's why i'm wondering if they'll all work with 1.5.7.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

In theory all older 1.5.x campaigns should work on any newer 1.5.y version. In reality, traditional "every DCS patch fixes dozen things and breaks dozen others at the same time" factor has to be taken into account - a bit of a hazard and excitement element if you will.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.