2.x status

Mr_Burns

Would just like to say playing DCS 2 this week (A-10C) and having more fun than ever.

Really like the visibility and performance, no labels and able to spot the convoys not simple but able.

I think I will have to buy Normandy now and check out the visibility and performance on a non desert map, sorry not now, need another SSD first!

Hopefully some mission editors will make some more SP A-10C missions.

Look forward to 2 moving to beta and final.

:thumbup:

Suppose I should add it here, when is DCS 1 going to stop being upgraded and rolled into DCS 2, has a framework been released to move over? (not dates obv.)

Edited by Mr_Burns

I can highly recommend the Normandy map.

I'm currently having a blast with the Spitfire and P51-D on Normandy at the moment. 2.x can only get better performance wise, it's already come a way since Normandy launched and runs much better now on my system in VR allbeit with some sliders turned down. But the map really does still look stunning.

I now am anxiously awaiting the updated DM and AI then DCS WW2 will be awesome.

Yes, get yourself a SSD, that will help a lot.

Hope to meet you over Normandy sometime :)

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

There is A-10C Red Flag campaign - have you tried it yet?

Also, Baltic Dragon is creating a new campaign for A-10C for NTTR, which so far looks brilliant.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Not sure if this is a bug so before I report it I will seek community input.

I was messing around with a user created mission, the idea was to hide a static comms building somewhere in downtown Nevada and then use the A-10C AG pod to search for it.

When I got into a circuit over the neighborhood and put the camera on it to search visually, all the houses and cars disappear leaving a few squares, the odd crane and my static building not hidden in a back garden where I placed it.

Is this normal?

Like this? Not normal but confirmed.

Not sure if this is a bug so before I report it I will seek community input.

I was messing around with a user created mission, the idea was to hide a static comms building somewhere in downtown Nevada and then use the A-10C AG pod to search for it.

When I got into a circuit over the neighborhood and put the camera on it to search visually, all the houses and cars disappear leaving a few squares, the odd crane and my static building not hidden in a back garden where I placed it.

Is this normal?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3239911#post3239911

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta