Patch 1.0.2 for "DCS: Black Shark"

Ulrich

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that we´ve learned about ED is that they´d never announce any approximate date of any release. So dont expect any statements by ED, but be sure that they force themslef to become that issues fixed as soon as possible, although I´ve to agree that nothings is a bigger pain in the but than waiting for somethings whereas one doens´t know how long to wait.

I keep fingers crossed for DVD guys to be offground pretty soon.

• Like 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I will post pone death.. At least as long as-possible. lol for all patches and games related to my hobbies.

One thing that we´ve learned about ED is that they´d never announce any approximate date of any release. So dont expect any statements by ED, but be sure that they force themslef to become that issues fixed as soon as possible, although I´ve to agree that nothings is a bigger pain in the but than waiting for somethings whereas one doens´t know how long to wait.

I keep fingers crossed for DVD guys to be offground pretty soon.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I've just noticed this update. I'm up to page 6 of the thread, but want to know if I change my script file to turn haze off to remove the cloud shadow bug, will this make my 1.0.2 multiplay incompatible?

I'll remove this post if I find the answer whilst I'm reading the whole thread.

Also :

How are the sounds bettter? Do they actually sound better or did they remove that bug that makes the sounds go quiet when you turn your head around- or are both things I mentioned addressed?

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

Jason, are you aware that there is a mod which fixes the cloud shadows bug without disabling haze (located on LockonFiles, called 'NoCloudShadows mod')? Further, are you aware that disabling haze breaks a lot of other graphics features?

The sounds are better in that they are much more realistically simulated; high frequency sounds are barely audible from within the cockpit, while low frequency sounds are still clearly audible. This means that you will no longer hear the whine of your wingmate's turbines when he's close, but on the other hand you'll now hear the immense roar of a 500kg bomb exploding from even a km away. The speed of sound is also now modeled, so there will be a delay for hearing sounds produced far away. Also, the bug that you mentioned is fixed. In short, the sounds are, imho at least, better in every conceivable way :D.

Edited by slug88
  • Like 1

Jason, are you aware that there is a mod which fixes the cloud shadows bug without disabling haze? .
Yep, but when I was researching it I noticed it didn't fix it for some people, so I did not persue that route. I would give it a try, but now I'm reading that mods won't work on 1.0.2 so I will wait until a new mod is made to try fix the cloud shadows graphic bug. But if I can't remove the shadow bug I will not update. It seriously looks that bad to me. I will turn off haze until a compatible mod for 1.0.2 is made. Hopefully turning off haze will still allow me to play MP.

***EDIT

*** I'll try this solution first - http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=903798&postcount=119

*** I hadn't go up to that post yet, so it's already addressed it seems.

*** Thanks for the extra link to the Lock-on files you posted.

Further, are you aware that disabling haze breaks a lot of other graphics features?
Most definately aware, but the shadow bug was so god damned butt ugly I was prepared to loose all the haze effects and have a less visually stunning game. That shadow bug was soooooooo distracting it was like like sand in my eyes.

I will look to see if I can use a mod to fix cloud shadow bug.

Thanks for your reply mate. Gave me some hope. :)

Edited by JasonJ

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

Yep, but when I was researching it I noticed it didn't fix it for some people, so I did not persue that route. I would give it a try, but now I'm reading that mods won't work on 1.0.2 so I will wait until a new mod is made to try fix the cloud shadows graphic bug. But if I can't remove the shadow bug I will not update. It seriously looks that bad to me. I will turn off haze until a compatible mod for 1.0.2 is made. Hopefully turning off haze will still allow me to play MP.

I'll try this solution first - http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=903798&postcount=119

Frankly I'm very skeptical hearing that some reported that the mod didn't fix the issue for them. If they actually installed the mod right, there's just no way that they'd have issues with cloud shadows, because the mod removes cloud shadows altogether. Perhaps some people are having other issues, and misreporting it as this one.

Also, mods most definitely work with 1.02, and have worked from day one with a bit of tweaking. With the recent release of Modman 7.03, most mods work 100% without any tweaking at all.

By the way, that fix that you linked is the very mod that I'm talking about, that post simply explains how to install it manually, without the use of Modman ;).

Edited by slug88

I think you're right about the misreporting. I'll get onto this and update and sort it out. Thanks for your help, sorry to take thread offtopic a little bit.

Edit: I installed that shadow fix and it works :)

Thanks to DCS team for the update :thumbup:

ED team thanks :-)

Edited by JasonJ

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

• 1 year later...
Can someone answer the question about whether 1.02 can be intalled over 1.01? It would be terrible to have to clean install of 1.0 before patching since all the controller settings will be wiped out.

As of this past week of July 31, 2011, today, I have no problem installing 1.0.0; then 1.0.1c; then 1.0.2. Except for a few annoyances, I may go learn the Russian language. And to use the training tutorials, 1.0.2 has to be uninstalled. But the training tutorials function OK in 1.0.1c .

I wonder if Babel-Fish will work within the cockpit?

I also can go back to MY DOCUMENTS stash to retrieve the 1.0.2 patch again, the .exe setup file and it reloads just fine. Use Administrator privileges in Compatibility when right clicking Properties.

• 8 months later...
Hello!

After installing the patch the progress of my campaign resetted. How can I continue the campaign from the following mission without playing previous missions again?

Thank you.

That is a kick in the balls. But should you like to continue, outside of the campaign system, all of the missions are available in X:\DCS - Black Shark\Missions\Campaigns

Nate

That is a kick in the balls.

:ermm:I'm sorry I'm not very good at English. What do you mean?

But should you like to continue, outside of the campaign system, all of the missions are available in X:\DCS - Black Shark\Missions\Campaigns

Thank you. I think it is not a bad alternative.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:ermm:I'm sorry I'm not very good at English. What do you mean?

Действенный пинок против тестикулов

Closest I can get with translator - means it hurts like hell/not a good thing to have happen to you :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• 2 months later...

I don't understand how this is deemed an acceptable patch. I lost all my settings by patching to 1.0.2. and it's not like this is an update from another major version like 0.9.0... seriously disappointing, not what you expect from any professional company in the software business today.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't understand how this is deemed an acceptable patch. I lost all my settings by patching to 1.0.2. and it's not like this is an update from another major version like 0.9.0... seriously disappointing, not what you expect from any professional company in the software business today.

So, let me get this straight: You are complaining about a two-year old patch that is applicable to DCS: BS1. In the interem, DCS: BS2 has been released and subsequently patched, twice! In addition, DCS: BS2 1.2.0. has also been released for DCS: World. Yet you ignore the latest iterations of the Kamov in favour of thumping on a two-year old patch.

Are you sure whatever issues you are experiencing is not attributed to user-error?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

training video are useless.....

You will find the search function to be quite the opposite.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, let me get this straight: You are complaining about a two-year old patch that is applicable to DCS: BS1. In the interem, DCS: BS2 has been released and subsequently patched, twice! In addition, DCS: BS2 1.2.0. has also been released for DCS: World. Yet you ignore the latest iterations of the Kamov in favour of thumping on a two-year old patch.

Are you sure whatever issues you are experiencing is not attributed to user-error?

What the heck are you talking about? I'm talking about BS1 patch 1.0.2.

It's not user error, everyone knows that your settings are lost with this patch, they changed folder paths, exe names, config file layouts, everything. None of the old tweaks are working anymore, old apps like DCSmax don't work, SoftTh presents a black skybox.

If you want to discuss BS2 do it in another thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK - It seems I was correct: You are indeed comlaining about a two-year old patch. I'll leave you to carry on then, keeping rule 1.10 in mind when attending to further posts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What do you think the thread is for then, and still active?

Why I am configging BS1 as opposed to BS2 is none of your concern, BS1 is on sale today officially, and the patch is the latest one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK Jolly good then. Be sure to avail yourself of the Bugs and Problems forums for any issues you might have.

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=91

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]