"Day 483" - A Leningrad Short Story

EveryDayFiction.com just published a new 1000 word short story I wrote, set during the Siege of Leningrad. It's probably my darkest story yet. Many people here seem to be Russian history buffs, so I figured some here may appreciate it given its historical setting.

Click to read:

"Day 483"

Hope you guys like it.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very professionally written, not a particularly 'nice' story though.. lol

Not sure if you're into dark storywriting or that was just a test peice, but this reminds me of studying the early years of the Bolshevik 'revolution'. Plenty of subjects for horror there, especially so in the context of cannibalism in major cities..

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

Almost a bit like Clive Barker imho. I liked it, you made a great presentation and the finale is great and discrete, despite being quite obvious and painting.

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Very professionally written, not a particularly 'nice' story though.. lol

Not sure if you're into dark storywriting or that was just a test peice, but this reminds me of studying the early years of the Bolshevik 'revolution'. Plenty of subjects for horror there, especially so in the context of cannibalism in major cities..

My stories tend to be a bit gritty, and most fall under the steampunk/alternative history genres. This is one of the few that's pure historical fiction.

I'd never heard of those instances during the Bolshevik revolution. I just looked up some information on the famine from 1920-21. Quite interesting - and disturbing. Learn something new everyday.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]