Overpopulated mission metrics

evilnate

Hi All,

I've been working the past several months on a MP mission template that tries to emulate a fully populated country (Iran). As I add more and more units, clients aren't noticing any lag.

I'd like to continue adding units to make more things to do, but I know that eventually there will be a threshold where there are just too many units doing too many things.

I'm hopeful there's a good way to measure the impact of having too many units and things going on in the mission by reading data instead of getting feedback or opinions from clients.

Does anyone know if the data in one of the <CTRL>+<PAUSE> pages show a good indicator for mission 'overpopulation'? :helpsmilie:

The problem is the "orders given", you can have lots of statics tanks... but if they start moving around, the thing gets complicatd.

That makes sense. Is there a number somewhere (other than client FPS) that I can see the impact of too many “orders given”?

CTRL + Pause info can be useful, but not alone.

You need feedback as well. You get a cross section of machines and connections that you will want to tune for in MP.

It's a constant balancing act.

Edited by Paganus
typo