Updates and Fixes

Mnemonic

While F-16 is coming, would be great to know what is the status on various fixes for our beloved Tomcat? :)

Would be great if Heatblur could share any list of fixes and features they are currently working on, and what we can expect in the near future (next few patches)?

Yes i wish a short roadmap ;)

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

Hasn't been a patch in a while. Lots of reported bugs. Hopefully they get squashed today.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm personally interested to hear about visual fixes to the geometry, external and in cockpit, which were reported, and acknowledged. These do not require programmers work, and so far are not tackled in a slightest since the beginning.

When we can expect graphical fixes? Helmet visor fixating knob in a wrong place (everyone sees it all the time in the mirrors), speed indicator fix which never goes less than 80 knots, transparent monitors issue (you can see image from lower display in an upper display when you move closer), glitches with a rudder going through stabs during animation, main wheels geometry correction, hole in the stick (next to weapon selector switch) through which bright monitor imagery visible. These do not require ton of time to fix...

There are also some other glitches which related to the coding, but they are not so visible.

All the videos on youtube show these issues over and over.

In any way, some roadmap of fixes would be nice.

Edited by Mnemonic

I'm personally interested to hear about visual fixes to the geometry, external and in cockpit, which were reported, and acknowledged. These do not require programmers work, and so far are not tackled in a slightest since the beginning.

When we can expect graphical fixes? Helmet fixating knob in a wrong place (everyone sees it all the time in the mirrors), speed indicator fix which never goes less than 80 knots, transparent monitors issue (you can see image from lower display in an upper display when you move closer), glitches with a rudder going through stabs during animation, main wheels geometry correction, hole in the stick (next to weapon selector switch) through which bright monitor imagery visible. These do not require ton of time to fix...

There are also some other glitches which related to the coding, but they are not so visible.

All the videos on youtube show these issues over and over.

In any way, some roadmap of fixes would be nice.

That’s the way the ASI works...if I understand you correctly.

Viewpoints are my own.

That’s the way the ASI works...if I understand you correctly.

I refer to this bug:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=235906

In the state of rest ASI should point upwards (to zero, which is not painted) but now it points to 80, and never points to less than 80.

F14_Cockpit.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=206683&stc=1&d=1552865440

AS Indicator should display 0 at rest - if it doesn't it is in need of a servicing.

On the a/c I flew on we had a specific cross-check between indicators at 80 knots where the co called '80 knots' and the pilot checked his showed the same - if not then was an abort.

On the plus side they could do that check while still parked on the ramp if in the F-14 it seems lol.

While F-16 is coming, would be great to know what is the status on various fixes for our beloved Tomcat? :)

Would be great if Heatblur could share any list of fixes and features they are currently working on, and what we can expect in the near future (next few patches)?

From the Changelog for the next OB patch:

DCS F-14B by Heatblur Simulations

• Add bindable toggles for AFCS panel
  • Add bindable toggles for Pilot Display Control Panel (PDCP)
  • Add correct default axis assignments for Thrustmaster TPR pedals
  • Ignore STAB switch in all radar PD modes (always earth stabilized in PD)
  • Fix radar altimeter aural warning remaining on forever when fix is lost while it was on
  • Reduced radar altimeter inaccuracy over water
  • Radar altimeter accuracy now also depends on the depth of water; it is more accurate over shallow water
  • Improved trimmer behavior
  • A/G impact point solution over water jitters less now (this affected rockets the most)
  • Fixed INS confusing spawn position if 2nd ship was too close to the carrier
  • Fixed TTG on dest not working if dest was left of the nose
  • Fixed being unable to detect small RCS aircraft
  • Fix not correctly identifying aircraft carrier when on deck in a tight battlegroup
  • Added CAP-9M/CATM-9 to allowable stores
  • Updated mission fail trigger logic for Quickstart “Watching the Devildog - Laser Guided Bombs”
  • Updated mission fail trigger logic for “Watching the Devildog” SP and Coop versions
  • Further tweaking of pitch moment with flaps
  • Further tweaking of pitch damping
  • Improvements to flight model testing systems

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4055581&postcount=69

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

At this point even ED and Razbam have fixed more visual stuff and have been a LOT more transparent with their updates and what's planned. There have been 0 visual fixes, improvements or new content for the Tomcat since it released more than half a yeag ago. I was kinda hoping to see at least some of those in today's OB update, since there has been almost a month since the lsat OB update. Oh well.

Any response from Heatblur please?

When can we hope to see visual problems fixed? (3d modeling related) At least would be great to hear that these problems are being worked on and you have team members working on them.

All they said so far is "later in early access" which seems to be some slogan you just throw out these days. The also said they are prioritizing bug fixes (systems) currently, but then again is one guy doing both textures/modeling and programming? Who knows. 6+ months with these obvious visual issues and missing textures still not being fixed is simply unacceptable.

What visual bugs and textures missing ? Just curious ...

The engine instruments for example. They are the ones for the F-14A, not for the B.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The engine instruments for example. They are the ones for the F-14A, not for the B.

+ Maneuver flaps/slats indicator bug

+ Eject Command Indicator

+ Correct Boz chaff / flare rail 3D model

+ Others

Plus what happened to 'Heatblur Forge', cockpit variations and such?

Hey guys, sorry it just takes time. It is not a phrase we throw around, it is just reality. The EIG will get swapped when the A comes, we said that many times. It is just better to do it in one go and have everything ready. I know we are saying "later" all the time, but again, please have the patience and trust that these things will get fixed eventually. We're sorry to disappoint with those small seemingly "easy" fixes for now, our apologies for that.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Could we get some updated quick documentation?

There are a lot of functions on the Jester menu wheel that are not obvious of their function.

Could you tell me which of these are not clear to you? I'll give you quick run down here as well. But you are right, the manual needs to be updated to the new Jester menu functions.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/