Help needed with Mirage radar

Ibis

I cannot get the radar to work when i switch to emit. Nothing happens, it stays the same as

"on standby".

I have read and reread the radar section of Chuck's guide and watched several M2000 video guides on the radar on You tube but no luck.

I must have missed something but am at a loss and it's driving me crazy.

Any help may save my sanity.

cheers

Ibis

I cannot get the radar to work when i switch to emit. Nothing happens, it stays the same as

"on standby".

I have read and reread the radar section of Chuck's guide and watched several M2000 video guides on the radar on You tube but no luck.

I must have missed something but am at a loss and it's driving me crazy.

Any help may save my sanity.

cheers

Ibis

Have you tried to read the official manual provided with the module ?

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• 2 weeks later...

If I may, I'll jump in here with a question about the radar. I'm newer to DCS and this seems like a good place to ask rather than start a new thread. I'm pretty familiar with the Mirage, been flying for the last 2 months. Fun!

I understand having the radar from warmup to "on" and all that is fine. I'm asking about locking on the radar itself. I've seen youtube videos of guys where it looks like they are actually clicking on the radar itself and somehow "moving something around" and targeting or locking by clicking the radar. There is no part of the tutorial or anything that goes over this I've seen so I thought I'd ask here.

When I have a mission to lock, I basically fly RIGHT behind the target and click a lock keybind to lock. But it doesnt work unless VERY close (like .5 miles).

Any thoughts about the on radar screen locking I'm asking about and also any advice on a general best way to "lock?"

Thank you

There is a control for the radar designation cursor that moves it around the VTB, physically located on the throttle control. There is an axis control and a key/button type. I think it's called "TDC" or similar.

When within visual range there are radar modes which automatically lock by pointing the airplane at the target. Look into a 3-way switch on the stick that cycles different automatic lock visual patterns and cancels, special modes it's called.

PIC (Single Target Track/ STT) or PID (Track While Scan/ TWS) doesn’t matter when you press the trigger on M-2000C.

Yes you need PIC to guide Super 530D, but if you are in PID, the radar will automatically switch PID => PIC before missile launch. Just hold the trigger long enough.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I won't beat you to death with terminology since this is relatively new for you; here's where you need to look and what you need to bind. Remember that you will need to be in single target track mode to use the Super 530; the RADAR screen will say "PIC"

yeZbLcY.png

I love how helpful everyone on these forums has been since I joined and started DCS. Thank you !

I know that for change the radar elevation you would move the RADAR ANTENA UP/DOWN and the TDC shows the elevation range that radar is searching.

Also, when the TDC is moved UP/LEFT/DOWN/RIGHT this elevation range change.

Moving the TDC change the search radar elevation?

No, bumping the TDC up/ down the scope change the range setting, but not the elevation.

It works the same:

https://tawdcs.org/radar-f15/

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I'm running in VR and am new so please understand I'm doing my research but by the time I'm airborn and have done pre-flight, INS, flown to waypoints etc I could be missing something.

Thanks to your help here I'm able to move the TDC around the radar by moving ; and . , / so that's good.

A couple questions and problem I'm still having (and I'm doing my research by watching videos + reading manuals. I know how to use the INS and most of the Mirage's features)....

1 - First, since we cant bind the TDC up down left and right to axis on the hotas....what do you guys typically bind them to?

2 - For some reason on the Mirage Campaign mission 4 I can move the TDC as described above but I cannot for the life of me "lock on." I'm pressing the keybound button on my hotas and it won't lock. To double check, I created a mission where I'm simply flying behind a c-130 and I'm easily able to move the TDC and then lock onto the C-130. This must be because the mission I create somehow has the correct radar setting to where I can lock....but in the campaign mission I simply haven't set what I need to to be able to lock.

I've read advice here that I need my radar in a certain mode (PIC or PID). On the page previous to this one in this thread you guys are mentioning those options and then I believe debating whether or not you have to use a certain mode. LOL, I can't even figure out where to swap PIC or PID and haven't seen PIC on my radar screen either. Are these related to my inability to lock in my mission? I'm probably missing one change I need.

The Mirage is fun! She has so many communications/settings! Red Radio, Green, IFF, Tacan, INS....learning it all. Getting there : )

I've read advice here that I need my radar in a certain mode (PIC or PID). On the page previous to this one in this thread you guys are mentioning those options and then I believe debating whether or not you have to use a certain mode. LOL, I can't even figure out where to swap PIC or PID and haven't seen PIC on my radar screen either. Are these related to my inability to lock in my mission? I'm probably missing one change I need.

TL;DR:

PID/PIC is shown at the bottom right of the VTB, after locking a target in the default RWS (Range With Scan) mode.

• PID = TWS (Track With Scan)

• PIC = STT (Single Target Track)

Use HFR (High PFR) to lock in both modes.

ENT (Interleave) can lock in TWS but not guide weapons i.e. switch to STT.

BFR (Low PFR) cannot lock a target.

Detail:

Normally I start off in HFR and the default RWS (Range With Scan) mode searching for targets.

Once a target is located, I guide the TDC to the target contact on the VTB and lock it once (ENTER). This switches the Radar to TWS (PID) and additional info is shown on the HDD (VTB) and HUD.

Pressing lock a second time switches to STT (PIC) and enables launching the Super 530D

If still in TWS, the radar will auto switch to STT before launching the Super 530D, the process adds a little delay to the Super 530D coming off the rail after pressing and holding the trigger.

More info:

page 169 (radar), 238 (S-530D) - DCS World\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Doc\DCS M-2000C Flight Manual EN.pdf

page 65 (radar), 76 (S530D) - Chuck's DCS Mirage 2000C Guide: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-uSpZROuEd3V1B0QmhHbEdMcTg

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

1 - First, since we cant bind the TDC up down left and right to axis on the hotas....what do you guys typically bind them to?

Yes, we can! I have TDC axis bound to TDC on warthog throttle and it works like a charm.

2 - For some reason on the Mirage Campaign mission 4 I can move the TDC as described above but I cannot for the life of me "lock on."

The PCA logic is kind of buggy still so make sure that you have A/A weapon selected when trying to lock on target. For example, if you drop a drop tank, PCA keeps it selected even though the yellow light is not lit anymore which prevents you from locking any targets

I don't remember the Mission 4 exactly, but the target also may be jamming - check if you have 'BR' in top left corner - then you can't lock the target until your radar burns through

Yes, we can! I have TDC axis bound to TDC on warthog throttle and it works like a charm.

The PCA logic is kind of buggy still so make sure that you have A/A weapon selected when trying to lock on target. For example, if you drop a drop tank, PCA keeps it selected even though the yellow light is not lit anymore which prevents you from locking any targets

I don't remember the Mission 4 exactly, but the target also may be jamming - check if you have 'BR' in top left corner - then you can't lock the target until your radar burns through

I think THIS may be my problem! In the mission I dropped tanks prior to attempting my lock. That must be it. Key part being when you shared, "even though the yellow light is not lit anymore."

Thank you.