New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List

Kaktus29

New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List  

1618 members have voted

1. 1. New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List

One guy in France was making one for FC, a couple years ago. He never finished it. Probably he is waiting for new theater SDK to come out. Similar work was being done on the Russian Far East and the Chinese border area out there.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One guy in France was making one for FC, a couple years ago. He never finished it. Probably he is waiting for new theater SDK to come out. Similar work was being done on the Russian Far East and the Chinese border area out there.

Yes that is Batou, he's still waiting for the EDGE SDK.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Hmmm AFAIK no release date -- pretty much sticking with the 'when it's done' mantra, and probably rightfully so. I think Wags did mention recently that the theater itself is more or less done, just waiting on EDGE to get finished up.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, as for actual reasons, I would like to see the Korean peninsula. Afghansitan also, might be a real challenge to find/hit something in the mountains/hills.

Also would be ral nice to make a fictional conflict in central europe. Something like "the russian bear restrengthen" Coldwar crisis........

Hm, as for actual reasons, I would like to see the Korean peninsula. Afghansitan also, might be a real challenge to find/hit something in the mountains/hills.

Also would be ral nice to make a fictional conflict in central europe. Something like "the russian bear restrengthen" Coldwar crisis........

just to mention! The fighting in Afghanistan was/is mostly taking place in the area about the great highway. Especially Helmand has the so called 'Green Zone' - the vegetated area near the Helmand river where most of the engagements took place.

Villages, heavy woods and desert, hills and high mountains ... :thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• ED Team
All of those theaters have been made so many times in other games.

We don't have to get a map with real lift conflict back ground, do we?

How about fight in US for a change. You know, just somewhere near the Grand Canyon, or in the city of New York. That will be just like those movies such as the transformer. :smartass:

I agree, it doesnt have to be an area that's already happened real world, why cant I fly in defense of the West Coast of North America. We have some great mountain passes in BC to fly through :)

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

How about the area around Korea both North and South with a Lil China and Japan?this way Carrier ops from the Yellow Sea or the Sea of Japan would be Cool:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

@PLAAF ..that would be great of course.. don't think our comps are there yet with cpu power but maybe in the future we could have the whole world boxed in our comp simulation..

just read one article arguing we all could be living in a simulation, very detailed one but still simulation-our universe that is.. the thesis is, our ancestors or whoever created this simulation wanted an answer to their most important question-why are we here--- something that i think our civilization will do as soon as we get better computational power.. we are already doing many simulations today, soon (20-100 years) i can imagine a super-computer powerful enough to simulate parts of the universe as they evolve during billions of years..

scary thought though, those characters in simulation if they become "aware" like we are, can suffer yet be a prisoner to it..

• 2 weeks later...

i guess the arctic circle could be amazing as well, with Canada,US,Denmark,Russia, Norway all involved in the fight for the oil after the ice melts - post 2020 e.g. scenario..

but this would be more of a naval + aerial operation not so much ground forces and tanks..

Something really new and exciting scenario on jet sim arena would be Nordic countries (mainly Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark) vs. Russia.

So many options to build versatile scenarios there:

- Arctic (air, land, sea) warfare in Lapland and polar region,

- Massive armoured & land warfare at Fin vs. Rus border,

- Confined Baltic Rim & Sea warfare,

- Very arctic Barents Sea warfare

to name a few options.

Something really new and exciting scenario on jet sim arena would be Nordic countries (mainly Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark) vs. Russia.

So many options to build versatile scenarios there:

- Arctic (air, land, sea) warfare in Lapland and polar region,

- Massive armoured & land warfare at Fin vs. Rus border,

- Confined Baltic Rim & Sea warfare,

- Very arctic Barents Sea warfare

to name a few options.

Hmm, that was exactly the scenario of DID's EF-2000 Simulation of the 90ies. :music_whistling:

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hmm, that was exactly the scenario of DID's EF-2000 Simulation of the 90ies. :music_whistling:

Now you're talking! I used to love that sim. Remember how smooth the graphics engine seemed to be? It was like a video playing.

Regards,

Milli

• Like 1

Now you're talking! I used to love that sim. Remember how smooth the graphics engine seemed to be? It was like a video playing.

Regards,

Milli

ohh yes! Do you remember: the first flight sim with a real 3d Cockpit. Not 6 dof, but at the time a real immersion kick. Man, did I love the PIRATE and sneaking up on the Migs... the implementation of MFDs etc. into the 3d cockpit was awesome.

EDIT: so just for nostalgic reasons I would like the idea, though I prefer extension to Iran /Iraq of the current map or Afghanistan / Pakistan / India area for obvious reasons :thumbup:

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Honestly I don't think it's ridiculous that we (the community) wish for a world map. I would not care if it was in extremely simple form, even if it was not immediately populated with airports. If ED has any hope to steal some of the FSX crowd, it's with world terrain.

No point in making a world map if there's nothing to see, will make flying to the target even more boring then it already is.

And quite frankly, i'd care less about FSX our any other community, as long as ED makes enough money to continue what they do best.

Make kick ass sims and be the best at what they do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)