New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List

Kaktus29

New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List  

1617 members have voted

1. 1. New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List

where would you like the new theater to be? apart from Georgia and Crimea, where would you like it for a good high intensive war of equal strong opponents?

I am thinking of the European theater .. in the future, something like 2020, .. with Europe on the brink, .. tensions going up, and all kind of alliances set in motion, Germany goes solo, goes out of EU, USA threatens economic blockade and sanctions against this unilateral move by Germany, Italy joins Germany, .. on the other hand UK, France and US join together to impose the economic blockade (which is all to easy to implement because of US Navy which is too huge to be countered by anyone) ..

Germany threatens WAR if blockade not lifted since the blockade is pretty much a war declaration on its own, and their trade with China is suffering, and even supplies with oil and gas from Russia being threatened to be cut off by Poland who uses this opportunity to gain prestige in the potential victory over Germany and joining the US axis ..

Russia and China becoming sympathetic to Germany and like to help but for the moment they are just bystanders..

And then all breaks loose, with one plane getting shot while spying above Germany, Germans go into action against France, Poland, .. cruise missiles flying all over the place, Leopards, Leclercs and all kind of puma's animals are set loose .. After US lands with expeditionary forces in France, at this time Russia joins the fray, together with China giving the troops needed to push the opposing forces to Germany into submission and end the resistance in Europe..

Why do i like this theater so much? because for one, its much more interesting fighting in target rich environment.. and Europe has sooo much stuff to blow up)) lol.. also, it has it all, the Sea to do navy stuff, the coast to do Carrier ops and Land bases efforts to kill of the carrier groups..and the atlantic navy war if China and Germany and Russia try some small scale incursions with subs and their navy to engage the US..

It would be a much bigger project than this "campaigns" fought in Georgia theater in DCS, ..or Crimea that never felt like a real war, more of a skirmish here and there..

What do you guys think?

What theater would you prefer?)(and of course the maps would be different)) can you imagine dropping bombs in modern Frankfurt, or Paris, .. or that bloody leaning Pisa Tower in Italy))) ) .. Other theaters don't appeal to me since its just desert and nothing .. Afghanistan, Iraq, .. Libya, .. also, nobody can challenge the attacker in those conditions(Russia, China, maybe even Germany, .. ) since there are no naval capabilities to do something like that?..

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Iran, Iraq, Balkans, Afghanistan or Korea as new theater of war.

Ah what the heck, give us an extended Georgia map (part of Turkey and the Crimea added) in EDGE and I'd be content.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

yes, i agree about which is more probable ..but not also interesting.. i mean, who would like to fly in the potential iranian conflict? .. if you are american you can do all the damage by pressing buttons and launching tomahawks, and if you are iranian you have to hope that enemy invades you by infantry so you could get closer enough to kill something ..

on the other hand, Germany vs. France,UK, USA + Russia, China afterwards joining Germany? ..get out of here.. that would be interesting as hell, not to mention very hard to play, with all the sophisticated missiles and weapons aiming to destroy you...

i'm bored by this small conflicts and small wars that are more or less "a controlled slaughter houses" ..

Give us EU theater ))

• ED Team

Why does it have to be real ?

What about making a large map area that is fictitious, but has everything we all want, urban, desert, jungle, forest's and of-course the sea :)

any thing to get out of Georgia lol !!!

IMADCSPILOT.jpg

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Why does it have to be real ?

What about making a large map area that is fictitious, but has everything we all want, urban, desert, jungle, forest's and of-course the sea :)

any thing to get out of Georgia lol !!!

sorry I disagree! Another "Sahrani ", "Poopootistan" or similar "fictional five vegetation zones in a 100 square miles area" is simply another war game! That is why most Sims try to accurately model a "real" environment.

I prefer any Afghanistan, Iraq or Balkans map with accurate cities and street grids over that. :thumbup:

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I don't really care what geographic region we get, it just needs to be considerably bigger (3-4 times bigger )than what we have now. Fingers crossed EDGE will allow such things. Also a spherical "world" that allows for correct coordinate grids and proper curvature of the earth etc is much needed.

We need a theater that a fighter/attack aircraft can't fly across on internal fuel without needing tanker support.

In an ideal world we'd have a full spherical representation of entire earth, with areas that aren't yet modeled just being flat like the "off map" area are in the current theater, which would allow ED and 3rd parties to add areas of terrain, of any size, bit by bit.

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I don't really care what geographic region we get, it just needs to be considerably bigger (3-4 times bigger )than what we have now. Fingers crossed EDGE will allow such things. Also a spherical "world" that allows for correct coordinate grids and proper curvature of the earth etc is much needed.

We need a theater that a fighter/attack aircraft can't fly across on internal fuel without needing tanker support.

In an ideal world we'd have a full spherical representation of entire earth, with areas that aren't yet modeled just being flat like the "off map" area are in the current theater, which would allow ED and 3rd parties to add areas of terrain, of any size, bit by bit.

+1

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

I would like to see a new theater taking in scandinavia, the baltic states etc, basically northern europe.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Personally, I'm for a realistic scenario, a conflict in Europe :no_sad: not for now, I would prefer an Afghanistan or Iran theather for sure.

I know that a French bud was working on 3DSMax, creating an Afghanistan map on Checksix, last time, he was asking for some help to create some objects...

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Personally, I'm for a realistic scenario, a conflict in Europe :no_sad: not for now, I would prefer an Afghanistan or Iran theather for sure.

I know that a French bud was working on 3DSMax, creating an Afghanistan map on Checksix, last time, he was asking for some help to create some objects...

Yeah, that would be Batou.

Have a look here at what he started with: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=45658

Unfortunately it is not possible for 3rd parties to develop for the new EDGE engine, at the moment. Seems only ED has the necessary SDK and knowledge.

I hope they make that available to 3rd parties soon. Hopefully before Nevada is finished, so others may start developing scenarios. :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Canadian Arctic.

Polar Bears don't have AA so I don't think the challenge would be great

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

I actually think an arctic circle theater would be an awesome a2a scenario... Very probable considering the limitations of current navies to conduct LNG term arctic operations:

http://skemman.is/stream/get/1946/6743/18510/1/78-87_Margret_Cela_STJbok.pdf

http://beforeitsnews.com/war-and-conflict/2012/04/this-weekends-news-arctic-war-game-highlights-challenges-for-u-s-navy-2078010.html

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I'd like to see a map of the UK with a fictional scenario that this island is being fought over, after the fall of Europe to Russia and East Germany!!!

The UK has masses of potential imho.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic90244_1.gif[/sIGPIC]Windows 7 Ultimate 64 on OCZ SSD, (AM3)AMD955BE x4 3.2GHz - GPU AMD6950 x2Gb - 16Gb Ripjaw G-Skill DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz

https://www.facebook.com/#!/FerociousFrankie

Yeah, that would be Batou.

Have a look here at what he started with: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=45658

Unfortunately it is not possible for 3rd parties to develop for the new EDGE engine, at the moment. Seems only ED has the necessary SDK and knowledge.

I hope they make that available to 3rd parties soon. Hopefully before Nevada is finished, so others may start developing scenarios. :D

Yes that's Batou, I didn't know where was its thread here. Thx. It's (or was) very promising, I hope it will be done.

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

+1 for the iran, iraq thing

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

Northern Iran, maybe a little bit of Afghanistan, but please please please, not the whole Gulf.

I played FA18 Hornet 3(but not only), and desert is desert. Soooooo boring.

Korea with F4.0 was a good mix of giant (flat) battlefield, and Balkans was ... Extraordinary (and kinda flat to).

Moreover, imho the best expansion to current theater would be south (Turkey, Armenia...)

I feel the need of a new Theater, but each time i load some portion of the map, i found excellent unknown places to makes ambushes, skirmishs, sieges... I'm afraid i still have to learn Georgia further more.

I'm still awaiting Nevada to see what the 3D engine has to give. But considering the investments i've made for BS, i would like, even for 60$, a real Georgia map instead of pseudo-satellite map. (trees, hills, farms, fields, city, heights, rocks, mud...)

I'm just tired to spot tanks on the open ground at 15km, even at max settings.

It would probably require another engine, and that's not going to happen anytime soon looking at the sim today.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

I find it odd that everyone is asking for theaters that are the same size, or smaller, than what we have now. The current theater is far too small as it is.

I don't really care what comes after Nevada, it just needs to be much bigger. Especially with fast jets on the way.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL