• $10 at least !
    • $5 at least !
    • not sure.
    • no

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

15 bucks for some textures? Just to balance the hype a bit: I'll say I pass on this offer.

+1

It's beautiful indeed no doubt about that but almost all of my flying times in DCS I spend to look for the enemy rather than admire the scenery. So its not that important thing for me

Good luck

Gam Zeh Ya'avor - King Salomon

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

As long as other texture mods reamain unchanged in the future with dcs support for mods and not taken out by some new integrity checks it's all ok :smilewink:

Yea that's true, I enjoy having having the option to enjoy the work of different modders, free or paid. But from what I understand if it does become upgraded to NTTR standard, then there might be a possibility of it being locked, either way then everyone will get a free upgrade anyway, it just might take while. In the mean time I can enjoy new content....I hate waiting.

• Like 1

@starway - great job, awesome work i fell in love with the new scenery as soon as i saw it in the stream.. i almost forgot that the stream was actually about something else... it kinda stole the show.

I think the presentation of this as a DLC component could have been handled better, i think it gave a lot of people including me the wrong impression.. reading this thread has helped. Knowing that ED will be continuing to develop and improve, releasing updated textures, meshes, and other enhancements for this map really make this a much simpler topic.. its just an option. i had thought this was going to be the only way to get an update to the black sea map, but i see i was wrong there.

Regardless i think the FLIR stuff looks good, and i look forward to improvements you may make in the future. The quality of this looks really good and for helo guys and even low flying A-10/Su-25 pilots i think it will make a good improvement.

-----

Question

Are these textures/improvements on only the existing objects in there existing locations? or does it add/move objects. I know that in some missions a wingman may talk you onto a target based on, "Look at the 2nd street over, the in front of the third large white building"... If one player has this DLC and the other doesn't.. will both see the "large white building" in roughly the same place to a tank placed via the mission editor? or will the two pilots see different buildings or even different town layouts...

I wanted to ask because some of the screenshots give the impression they might be different layouts and that the above talk on scenario may cause issues.... what are you thoughts. how will this DLC affect those types of situations.

For a solo player it may not matter, but it may be an important factor in the decision to buy for those that primarily do MP.

-----

Anyways great work, you deserve credit for the hard work, and i hope to see it continue.

Im personally very interested in buying it myself, but might need to see some of the details, although at $15 i may just chance it lol

thanks again for the hard work.

Edited by DracoLlasa

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

and will be available very soon!

Do You think about alternative trees for this payware mod (no shadows "on the trees")?

Please think about this ( example of Mustang mod: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2495081&postcount=7 ). This new trees from DCS 1.5 costs fps so the best option is to have two kind of trees on the installation screen. Please see this:

Default (this shadows "on trees" - no under it - looks strange and affects fps):

dcs-shado_ssenshp.jpg

With mod (and with better level of fps on the low and slow height, it looks like old DCS trees, Sweet FX also):

dcs-1511j_ssenshe.jpg 4c9dfb67c_ssenshw.jpg dcs-157jp_ssensrn.jpg

Here is the reason why: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=159434 .

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

So, will this "DLC" be compatible with the already working Caucasus? Or will this create another separation between the community?

For free map DCS (Georgia - Gruzja :) ) from 1.5 and 2.0 (in the future - I hope!).

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• ED Team

The DLC will be compatible on release, and when 1.5 and 2.0 are merged

It is a simple choice of buying it or not, no separation is being created

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The DLC will be compatible on release, and when 1.5 and 2.0 are merged

It is a simple choice of buying it or not, no separation is being created

No, I mean. Is this DLC going to affect it in a way, that those without the DLC won't be able to join servers with the DLC map on? Because it sounds not like typical reskin but as another version of a map that will not be compatible with the current map.

In other words. Will I be able to join a server that has the "New Map" while I do not own the "DLC"?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

No, I mean. Is this DLC going to affect it in a way, that those without the DLC won't be able to join servers with the DLC map on? Because it sounds not like typical reskin but as another version of a map that will not be compatible with the current map.

In other words. Will I be able to join a server that has the "New Map" while I do not own the "DLC"?

Of course, yes, you will be able to join.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Any chance of us having this before or at the same time as the gazelle?

Cos that is the first thing I think of flying when I see those pictures and videos. :)

btw - this isn't a question - just a wish/hope.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Is the map update ED has been talking about coming anyway? Especially terrain mesh and trees. Will this DLC then be compatible with the updated Caucasus map? I thought the terrain engine will be upgraded, so the textures will very likely not be compatible. I am a bit confused on this one..

ED update March 25th 2016:

[...] In addition to these features, we also plan to include an improved Caucasus map, new and improved explosions and clouds, improved network code, and the new procedural grass and ground clutter. [...]

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

• ED Team

yes it will be compatible

Caucasus map is currently being adapted by ED to work with EDGE

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2