Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

• $10 at least !
    • $5 at least !
    • not sure.
    • no

Thanks for the extra screen shots Starway, I was sold on this DLC as soon as I saw it on the Gazelle stream, but after those latest shots it's a day 1 buy for me.

Nice work Starway :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I've watched the video a few times now. Love the music and camera work. Is there a place to download it?

I can provide a mp4 for download with better quality. PM me with an email address and I will send the link.

@Starway

How about Your mod and Sweet FX??? Will it work?

Sure, it works perfect with sweet FX

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

There you go:

ZczAiaq.jpg

3URrK7z.jpg

OK - that sold it for me! good job Starway! thanks for the effort!!

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

You must've spent a lot of time digging in those textures! ;)

Yes, that is right. I really know every single pixel now :) I feel a bit envious of those who will fly over these textures the first time...

• Like 1

• ED Team

Sure, it works perfect with sweet FX

Just a side note, the protected version hasnt been built yet, the issues with protected DLC and SweetFX might show up here as well. Just dont want to get anyones hopes up on that as SweetFX isnt officially supported by ED.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Sorry guys, but there might be a missunderstanding about the Airports. The old buildings textures have been updated indeed. Of course, some got more attention, some less. What is not part of this DLC is an update of the runways.

See screenshots of the Airport buildings attached:

eXlOEba.jpg

r8AQbMU.jpg

Thank you for answering! Grateful! :Thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

@Starway

Thx for reply! This set of texture looks very nice and I'd like to buy it also.

Just a side note, the protected version hasnt been built yet, the issues with protected DLC and SweetFX might show up here as well. Just dont want to get anyones hopes up on that as SweetFX isnt officially supported by ED.

Exactly .... I'm afraid this......

I hope that ED will not do this "mistake" in DRM like in payware campaigns.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

@Starway

Thx for reply! This set of texture looks very nice and I'd like to buy it also.

Exactly .... I'm afraid this......

I hope that ED will not do this "mistake" in DRM like in payware campaigns.

Sorry, I was not aware of such issues.

Maybe it works now?

thanks!

now i can see why should i buy it. first day buy for me.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Cool, when will this be available for purchase?

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

The DLC looks very good from a quality point of view, always been impressed with Starway's work.

I'll probably end up buying it on sale at some point, but if I'm entirely honest, I'm not happy with texture sets and graphical content like this, especially for the free base map, being DLC. I feel very strongly it's the wrong path for ED to take with DCS' DLC.

Not saying Starway doesn't deserve to be renumerated, but I really don't like this direction of DLC, and if I'm honest the current method of modules + maps + paid campaigns is enough.

I don't want to see DCS go the full on FSX crazy DLC bonanza.

Edited by Buzzles
  • Like 2

Just some examples:

Both Tibilisi:

H1oud5x0OYQ.jpg

143734972.jpg

Those three are Batumi, keep in mind that Batumi is tickling Black Sea, low MSL:

batumi%208.png

10933929_732606433486571_4877521361705044896_n.jpg

951e28f26b7cd139b750e78ee7b4770b.jpg

But is that a normal winter or is that something that is more rare?

And how long does that white "winter last".

Is it all throughout the winter months of just for a days or weeks.

And about the first Mountain pictures that does not mean as much as its at a higher altitude (and even those valleys are at a higher altitude thus making it colder up there)

And most of the higher mountain tops (and some of the higher valleys) remain snowcovered throughout the year.

Im not saying there is now snow in Georgia or that they do not have a snow cover in most of the nation.

But does it happen most years and how long does it stay.

I dont really care that much either way and as a Swede i like snow and would like to have a white and pretty map.

But i also care what it most typical and realistic for a Georgian winter.

And just because there are photos of Large amount of snow throughout Georgia dose not mean its like that every year.

As an example.

I live in Northern Sweden.

And We have always had tonnes of snow from October to April.

But we have had times for the last few years where we have been snow less in December-January

But that does not mean a Winter map of Northern Sweden should not show any snow.

As that is the Exception and not the rule.

So i feel like whatever is most common / typical for a Georgian winter should be the Texture not what happens for a few days to a week every few years.

But is that a normal winter or is that something that is more rare?

And how long does that white "winter last".

Is it all throughout the winter months of just for a days or weeks.

And about the first Mountain pictures that does not mean as much as its at a higher altitude (and even those valleys are at a higher altitude thus making it colder up there)

And most of the higher mountain tops (and some of the higher valleys) remain snowcovered throughout the year.

Im not saying there is now snow in Georgia or that they do not have a snow cover in most of the nation.

But does it happen most years and how long does it stay.

I dont really care that much either way and as a Swede i like snow and would like to have a white and pretty map.

But i also care what it most typical and realistic for a Georgian winter.

And just because there are photos of Large amount of snow throughout Georgia dose not mean its like that every year.

As an example.

I live in Northern Sweden.

And We have always had tonnes of snow from October to April.

But we have had times for the last few years where we have been snow less in December-January

But that does not mean a Winter map of Northern Sweden should not show any snow.

As that is the Exception and not the rule.

So i feel like whatever is most common / typical for a Georgian winter should be the Texture not what happens for a few days to a week every few years.

I understand this perspective, and indeed, before I thought about it I would have suggested it myself: for full realism, it is best to represent a varied set of elements with the statistically the most probable (frequency) element of that set.

HOWEVER, upon thinking about it, I think it makes sense to represent something that is more extreme. Not crazy like once in a hundred years extreme, but say that one or two weeks of extra heavy snow that occurs every year extreme.

Why? Because the whole purpose of the seasons in the simulator is to have difference/contrast with all the other seasons. And this difference is at least about the visual aesthetics as much as anything else. And thus we want something on the heavier/extreme side to distinguish it from Fall. So if most of the winter in most places is just like a very cold fall with sprinkling of snow here and there, then what's the point? So, even if the blanket of snow occurs just a few days of the season, as long as it is not unusual enough to be considered a miracle or bizarre, then this would be my preference! We are not compromising realism (after all it occurs), we are just saying that the realism we are going for allows for simulation of more extreme, yet within expected norms, of weather. After all, we want to have an enhanced difference enough from the fall to make it important/interesting.

Edited by Bearfoot

• ED Team

I don't want to see DCS go the full on FSX crazy DLC bonanza.

Also, slightly perturbed by the fact it was put into DCS then ripped out a few beta patches ago. Not sure it was intentional, but it feels like it was carrot dangling.

I have asked repeatedly... to stop the nonsense, this isnt really on topic. You have options, you dont have to buy this. Its getting old, share your opinion about the quality, about the price, but dont start with the wild accusations or tin foil hat stuff... there are other forums that enjoy that stuff, this isnt one of them.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I have asked repeatedly... to stop the nonsense, this isnt really on topic. You have options, you dont have to buy this. Its getting old, share your opinion about the quality, about the price, but dont start with the wild accusations or tin foil hat stuff... there are other forums that enjoy that stuff, this isnt one of them.

My apologies, I got this (from 1.5 Changelog) mixed up with Starways textures, and I recall (maybe incorrectly) they'd been removed after one round of testing due to issues with FLIR and camera spotting.

• Black Sea Map
  • Added higher-resolution texture created by Mustang

Offending text removed from my previous post.

I'll reiterate though, Starway's work is excellent, but I'm not enamoured with the pricing or this particular path of DLC.

Edited by Buzzles

Very nice job Starway, probably a day 1 buy for me. I can't believe people are complaining about an OPTIONAL DLC. For those that can't afford it I understand that, and there are really good options out there for you for FREE, like Bartheks texture and other modders which look just as good if not even better. But for me $15 is totally worth it, and I am thankful that there are members of the community that are able to add to the creation of content so that ED can concentrate on what they do best, the core product. After spending so much money on our PC's whats a few more dollars to enhance the experience (at least for me).

Very nice job Starway, probably a day 1 buy for me. I can't believe people are complaining about an OPTIONAL DLC. For those that can't afford it I understand that, and there are really good options out there for you for FREE, like Bartheks texture and other modders which look just as good if not even better. But for me $15 is totally worth it, and I am thankful that there are members of the community that are able to add to the creation of content so that ED can concentrate on what they do best, the core product. After spending so much money on our PC's whats a few more dollars to enhance the experience (at least for me).

As long as other texture mods reamain unchanged in the future with dcs support for mods and not taken out by some new integrity checks it's all ok :smilewink: