[REPORTED]AI aircraft go ballistic on simple waypoint change

Not sure if this has been reported. But it's something I noticed already a couple of weeks ago. So it did not come with the latest update.

On a simple waypoint change when the next waypoint is higher than the previous one, the aircraft climbs with a much too high rate until it reaches the desired new height. For example, a Yak-40 climbs at nearly 80 m/s which is one order of magnitude more than its max climb rate.

[ATTACH]169100[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]169101[/ATTACH]

I have attached the mission, Tacview and and track files.

The waypoints in the mission between begin and end of climb are 30 km apart and the height difference is 1000 m. That corresponds to a climb angle of less then 2 degrees.

However, the aircraft climbs at more than 50 deg pitch and reaches it destination height much too early.

I have noticed this behaviour also in DCS 2.1 and many other aircraft types are affected.

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• 1 month later...

Has anyone of the four guys who looked at the files been able to reproduce the issue and was so kind to report it?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• 4 months later...
So I'm not alone with this. I wish there was a fix...

Your never alone in here, we are all suffering the same fate.:disgust::director::detective:

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Yeah, this bug can make things a little frustrating for mission makers since 1.5.

Even using combined arms instead of ME waypoints leads to some odd AI behaviour at the worst of times.

However due to the horrid freeze issue with 2.x i'm not sure how anyone can actually test this sim and come up with solutions or workarounds.

edit: hi there MD

Edited by Avernus
catn speel

Same here.

AI really drives me nuts..

Can someone from ed confirm this ?

Nineline , wags ? Anybody , some words for us poor mission makers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It has been some time indeed.

Something happened to my account on steam year ago, which has recently occurred again, resulting in a complete removal of my entire list of players.

I've contacted Valve support who in turn reset the account.

I can now re-add those players, but only once they've attempted to add me first (which always seems to generate some error message).

Try add me once more when/if you have the time, ill have to poke it with a stick to get it working properly though.

Is Rotorwash still alive too ? :music_whistling:

Edited by Avernus
why not

• 2 years later...

There's a few changes to aircraft altitude and the behaviour change has actually caused odd issues in their performance.

Firstly; the above mentioned climb/descent

Secondly, AGL now has a hard limited altitude that I never noticed before and might affect certain missions

Now the real things I see affected. AI when set to AGL can really become messed up. What I have seen is

- Pegged high AoA

- Ignores tasking and heads in an unusual direction with no regard

- Combat operations (engaging) messed up or delayed shots

So there's loads of un documented change and people are having various problems that are more subtle than usual issues.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *