since wWHEN did we have virtual hands in DCS?

hannibal

today was the first time i played DCS since last year??

anyways, i got around to re-setting up my rig, installed DCS 2 alph version DCS 2.1.1.10527 and loaded up DCS BF109 K2.

at first i found it odd why a hand/glove was stuck to the canopy..

i then picked up my right touch controller, and whoaaaa!! :geek::geek:

i have a virtual hand in DCS!

the only thing was that the right hand was out of position.. i held my right touch controller normally, but the virtual right hand was facing up.

i then picked up my left touch controller, the virtual hand was also out of alignment.. facing side ways.

how can i re-center the virtual hands????

the controllers dont seem to have any functionality as well... i was hoping i a can interact with the cockpit.. but it just exists in space with no interaction with cockpit...

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

It's been for more than a year, but they are not functional. Some leftover experiment.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

It is not just the hands. Point is there is no 3D 6DoF interaction inside cockpit. Only 6DoF is head movemant but mouse cursor is 2D and it is in conflict with 3D cockpit.

That is the major issue now especially for VR immersion. What is the point of interactive cockpit if it is not done right way? That way it is useless.

• 2 weeks later...

So the cursor moves with head movement. I wondered about that. So it's like trying to use the mouse to click on something with head-tracking turned on. Kind of a PITA.

I have the Odyssey pre-ordered and use the TM:WH controllers. Trying to figure out how I'm going to push the buttons that are not on the HOTAS in the cockpit.

I was hoping to use freetrack mouse emulation in some way. I need to look into this.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

The REAL question here is...

When did we get a 109 K2???

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• 2 weeks later...