Delight to Fly (after the Dora)

Weegie

It wasn't auto-rudder. That box wasn't checked. I have pedals. It was the "take-off assist" slider.

Just out of curiosity...what is "take-off assist" supposed to do? I would assume it would just reduce torque and p-factor during the high power, low speed condition at take off, making the plane MORE controllable. But it obviously doesn't do that. Furthermore, why would it affect the sensitivity of the controls, and it's FLIGHT characteristics?

I was able to reduce the curves to a reasonable 20, rather than the drastic user curve that was recommended.

Considering that it makes ground controllability WORSE, i'd say they should just get rid of it entirely. How is it "assisting" anything?

I don't know if I LIKE the plane yet. Only flew it around for about 45 minutes and shot down some drones. But it's a HUGE improvement.

(And my apologies for not trolling this forum for why the plane was just irritating to fly. Since I didn't have the problem with any of my other DCS aircraft, I figured it was just the plane itself. In fact, I only came to THIS particular forum because of the title of this thread. "Delight to Fly" when my reaction was, "Pfaaawww!")

I always pointing out those 2 options, like rest of the forum.

That is why i used "those options" in my sentence ppl just dont read with understanding nowdays

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

This ^ kind of stuff is why I wanted the new DM to include brake wear and overheat

Yeah brakes can fade fast if left on especially on the take off roll, flew a super cub that had its brakes replaced twice in 2 months cause someone left the parking brakes on.

Well Grisly we at least agree on something

I'm totally with you the TakeOff assist and the AutoRudder are BOTH to be avoided at all costs. Like you I couldn't control the aircraft worth a damm on taking off or landing.

Regarding the whole flight envelope, I just don't know as with any one of these options enabled I just could not get off the ground, most of the time

I don't understand how either option helps but I'm flying with rudders IMHO both of these options make things considerably worse in any module and the first thing I do is turn them off

As already said though there have been a lot of posts about these options and quite a lot of YouTube tutorials will tell you the same thing

You got to watch sometimes the updates will re-enable them, but it's pretty easy to know as you'll just crash out as the AI willl be fighting your inputs and it will not end well

As far a liking or not liking it would be a sorry world if we were all the same and preferences are just that

@GrislyAccord, for the record, the assist is on by default in all DCS warbirds whenever you reinstall the game, or reset its settings by removing options.lua file. So if you ever have to do it in the future, remember to go to special ops tab and turn it off for all taildraggers.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.