Option: Golden yellow canopy tint

hflag

i hope we will get colorless option eventually

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

It’s hilarious and very predictable that the same group that has a thread that is literally hundreds of posts long, discussing that the new viper must be authentic and true to the real thing, sometimes even frantically like a rabid foaming dog, immediately complain and ask for it to be switched back when the canopy is tinted true to real life. The same group that reports things like turn speed being off by 5 knots, or the breaks seeming to slow the plane down 15 feet longer than they think it should, cant stand a canopy that looks real. This is hilarious and unfortunately completely predictable.

Very true.

I like the golden, feels more immersive to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think I remember reading that an F-16 could have gold, blue or clear glass, depending on coatings. Here's an image showing gold and clear together on a single aircraft:

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12283

So I suppose it's less a question of realism, and more a personal preference.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

I think I remember reading that an F-16 could have gold, blue or clear glass, depending on coatings. Here's an image showing gold and clear together on a single aircraft:

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12283

So I suppose it's less a question of realism, and more a personal preference.

Negative. We have a U.S. f-16. Gold in canopy goes back to the 60’s for anti radiation among other things. We still have gold canopies. Look at pics of US f-22’s and f-35’s, gold canopies. What other countries do is of no concern as our viper is a US model.

For anyone who wants to remove the tint here is a small description.lua - simply extract and drop the folder Cockpit_F-16C into your SavedGames/DCS/Liveries.

No other changes are needed and it passes IC.

I also hope there will be a special option between 'tint' and 'no tint', that would be the easiest...

Thank you

Is that possible to remove the tint, at all??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

It’s hilarious and very predictable that the same group that has a thread that is literally hundreds of posts long, discussing that the new viper must be authentic and true to the real thing, sometimes even frantically like a rabid foaming dog, immediately complain and ask for it to be switched back when the canopy is tinted true to real life. The same group that reports things like turn speed being off by 5 knots, or the breaks seeming to slow the plane down 15 feet longer than they think it should, cant stand a canopy that looks real. This is hilarious and unfortunately completely predictable.

REALLY ? ;):D

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

reflections and opacity at different angles, not color issues.

Yaeaaa its so real now, I hope this effect remains, as has already been said, perhaps with the option of choosing in the special section of the main menu. Thank ED for your great works

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Negative. We have a U.S. f-16. Gold in canopy goes back to the 60’s for anti radiation among other things. We still have gold canopies. Look at pics of US f-22’s and f-35’s, gold canopies. What other countries do is of no concern as our viper is a US model.

I wonder then is it lighting conditions that make these U.S. canopies appear clear and tinted.

Or maybe the gold tinting varies in hue for different batches, or by age.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

I have a backup of DCS, 2 weeks ago

Could I replace the cockpit, without the tint?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Imagine unironically complaining about how the Viper is unrealistic and how you want it to be the realest thing ever, yet you complain about a slight yellow tint in the canopy as if its a massive deal breaker, and the worst thing ever. It's about as realistic as you will get, so stop complaining about it like a child. Oh my gosh, who cares if you have to see the green color of the trees slightly brownish? This is so childish. :megalol::doh:

nicktune, why don't you go fishing?

lol

Imagine unironically complaining about how the Viper is unrealistic and how you want it to be the realest thing ever, yet you complain about a slight yellow tint in the canopy as if its a massive deal breaker, and the worst thing ever. It's about as realistic as you will get, so stop complaining about it like a child. Oh my gosh, who cares if you have to see the green color of the trees slightly brownish? This is so childish. :megalol::doh:

+1 :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

For anyone who wants to remove the tint here is a small description.lua - simply extract and drop the folder Cockpit_F-16C into your SavedGames/DCS/Liveries.

I also hope there will be a special option between 'tint' and 'no tint', that would be the easiest...

I can't get this to work...

Thank you! This is a life saver. I really do not enjoy the new tinted canopy color. This mod makes it a lot more enjoyable. :thumbup::thumbup: