Newsletter Q&A for the DCS: F-16C Viper

NineLine

Was wondering if there are plans to implement the Viper's AGCAS to save pilots from GLOC death. Not sure if it was in the actual F-16 for the block you guys are simulating, just know that it’s in the current Vipers. Thanks

1- How far is the development regarding ground radar?

2- What's the average size of a development team that works on a product like the F-16?

3- Can we expect other variants of the F-16 in the future (CFT, movingmap et cetera)?

4- How long will this product take for it to hit gold status and no longer be in ea?

g8PjVMw.png

2 weeks

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@VampireNZ This two weeks joke is extremly annoying! It's not funny anymore and people like you waste everyones time with these posts. Sorry for calling you out on this one...but you gotta start somewhere. This stuff appears practially on every second or third page on pretty much every thread.

So please guys, if you feel like expressing your dismay about the development timeframes, be at least creative enough and come up with a new and funny way of doing so. This has nothing to do with defending anything about ED or whatnot, but reading this drives me mad!

4- How long will this product take for it to hit gold status and no longer be in ea?

I would love for ED to answer this with clarity given the experience of the Hornet (And others). I expect that they will either ignore this part of the question or give a politicians answer.

In fact i’d Like them to put out a general statement for all future modules on what they believe is a satisfactory length of time to deliver w final product so people can decide when to purchase.

How will completing the Viper and Hornet systems allow you to do a high fidelity F-15C next ? ;)

Two weeks... :lol:

Sorry Sc_Neo, I had to.

On another note, it's 3/10 +13:27h, no sign of the Viper yet... we using Hawaii, USA time? It's only +1:27 there!

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Two weeks... :lol:

Sorry Sc_Neo, I had to.

On another note, it's 3/10 +13:27h, no sign of the Viper yet... we using Hawaii, USA time? It's only +1:27 there!

09:00 Pacific Time (PT) / 16:00 (GMT)..check than:smilewink:

Edited by Void78

We would like to do a Q&A about the development of the DCS: F-16C Viper for this newsletter, if you have any questions, please post them here, please make sure they are related to the Viper and its development only.

We will pick the top questions and post the answers in the next newsletter.

Thanks!

The ED Team

WHY does TWS take so long to finish??

honest question - we are clearly on the outside looking in - it seems easy and straight-forward to us

and you do other things that "seem" so difficult yet you do them quickly and well

why is TWS such a struggle?

a little explanation would go a long way

thx

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know you guys have this on the queue, but can we get some words about the Data Cartridge on DCS?

Maybe about how its expected/planned to be, and the functions that it will bring to DCS

Im asking this since in the Viper its a important feature to have

Thx

+1

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will there be easter eggs like in Heatblur's F-14?

The F-16 has starred in it's own movie too. ;)

If the pilot model doesn't have a tape deck strapped to his thigh, I'll be upset.

Evan "Preacher" Weeks - Dad. Programmer. Virtual Fighter Pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Wags unpinned this topic