Harrier poll

Prowler111

Harrier poll  

542 members have voted

1. 1. Harrier poll

• AV-8B Harrier II Night Attack
    • GR7/GR9 Harrier

Has it ever been stated that ED will even share their basic A-G radar technology with 3rd parties? After all they are not sharing flight model templates either. And LNS is apparently developing A-G ground radar from scratch on their own.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it ever been stated that ED will even share their basic A-G radar technology with 3rd parties? After all they are not sharing flight model templates either. And LNS is apparently developing A-G ground radar from scratch on their own.

Very well said.

promote_zps4ayrb9zs.png

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

This was Wags' reply to a similar question posted on forums :

Some are developing their own and some are waiting to use the system we are developing.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

And also i dont really see why ED would not share the A/G Radar tech.

The more players and the more modules there are for DCS the more money ED gets (as ED gets a Share of each module bought)

So it would only be benefitial for ED to share tech that would allow 3rd party devs to make more aircraft modules.

Let me be clear, ED shares all developments with us, the third party teams.

At this time there is no usable AG radar. ED has the prototype of one, but it still requires plenty of work on top of the other work they are doing on DCS.

I expect that they have a beta version by the last quarter of 2016. I haven't talked to ED about delivery schedules but I did talk to them about features.

ED is working to get this into DCS:

radar_hrm_images.jpg

among other things. That takes time so you all will have to be patient.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• 3 weeks later...