F/A-18C Kneeboard

Devrim

Does this actually work for anyone? All I see is the big ugly map.

in C:\Users\XXXXXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\FA-18C_hornet

I have 6 png files.

What am I doing wrong?

Sting

Sting,

I dont think you are doing anything wrong. Sydy's V1.4 has 6 png files and when in the specified folder can be viewed using 'k' or 'RSHIFT+K'.

If you want one of the pages to be displayed on the pilot figure's kneeboard, have a look at this - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=212467&highlight=Kneeboard

Hope it helps.

I have 6 png files.

What am I doing wrong?

Sting

Have you tried going thru the kneeboards by using the brackets "[" and "]" after SHF + K ?

I have 6 png files.

What am I doing wrong?

Sting

Hi Sting57,

You only have to activate the kneeboard with LSHF+K and the browse the pages with [ and ].

Good luck and tks for downloading the files.

All the best,

Sydy

Thanks a lot!

Shouldn't there be in AFTER START CHECKLIST "Flaps to HALF" before "FCS BIT"? :book:

Hi Poko,

Yep, as per NATOPS, but remember, this is a “Quick Checklist” and The first disclaimer on the download page is that is not close to the real one, but a simplified version to get you safely airborne. :smilewink:

Feel free to add you own items on it. :thumbup:

All the best,

Sydy

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

put your image files in these folders:

- for stable version

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\KNEEBOARD\FA-18C_hornet

- for beta

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\KNEEBOARD\FA-18C_hornet

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Has anyone knows a program which makes easily to create a images for making kneeboards? I tried to make my own kneeboard with good old "Paint" program, but its not so easy and its not really good to writing a text. So any other good painting program will be welcome.

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Has anyone knows a program which makes easily to create a images for making kneeboards? I tried to make my own kneeboard with good old "Paint" program, but its not so easy and its not really good to writing a text. So any other good painting program will be welcome.

What kind of Kneeboard do you want to build?

Just a map with some circles for target? -> Photoshop / Coral Draw / Photo Affinity / Gimp / Paint.net

Mission Card? -> Excel/Google Sheets (Templates are available) or just CombatFlight (Import Mission, export filled out Data Card)

To convert those files, you can use KneeBoardBuilder

Hope it helps

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

How to I remove the original 20 airfield plates that are in the kneeboard? I made my own kneeboard folder for the f18. And i just want those pages to show not all the airfield plates and so on?

the original all-of-them are in

"x:\DCS\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\Kneeboard"

for Caucasus etc.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Thanks you all for answers fellows Hornet pilots, I decided to use PowerPoint to make a one slide presentation of TGTs, and after that I converted it into JPEG.file. Its easy and cool.

TGTs.thumb.jpg.5e0fdbd5546806939b04a8d425d4f023.jpg

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

• 2 months later...