CCRP mode doesn't stay put

GazAce

Hey good Pilots

I've been having this issue for a long time now, even before 2.1 came on the scene. I find that when I'm setting up my DSMS weapons profile, ie my CBU-97 and GBU-12 and changing it from CCIP to CCRP. I find myself having to repeat the steps at least 2 or 3 times until the CCRP option stays in place. What I'm trying to say is.. the CCRP mode doesn't stay as CCRP when I switch between my Profile page / Profile Main page and DSMS page. It keeps reverting back to the CCIP mode and yes I'm pressing the SAVE OSB after setting to CCRP each time, so I can't work it out and like I said it takes a few goes flicking between screens until it stays. This is a little frustrating and actually starting to freak me out as it chews up valuable time within my Ramp Start. I checked my Flight Manual and I'm following the setup ok, so I'm wondering what am I doing wrong here? The exact same issue happens in 1.5.

Any ideas anyone? Suggestions or comments would be much appreciated.

Cheers G

book.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

How are you selecting your weapon? Is you have HUD as SOI, and use the DMS switch Left or Right, the save profile should show up, if you select the weapon within the DSMS, you encounter the problem you describe.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

CCRP mode dilema

How are you selecting your weapon? Is you have HUD as SOI, and use the DMS switch Left or Right, the save profile should show up, if you select the weapon within the DSMS, you encounter the problem you describe.

Hey I thank you for your reply mvsgas and I’m sorry if I didn’t explain it correctly but I’m not sure you understand my problem entirely.

I’m talking about CCRP mode staying as such whilst navigating the different pages I mentioned using my OSBs. Why would I be using my DMS to set up a mode of delivery whilst on the ground in Ramp Start procedure? I don’t understand and also the SAVE profile is showing up and is able to be used, which is my point.. after I save in CCRP then switch pages it reverts back to CCIP?

:noexpression:

Edited by GazAce

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Ok, So you posted you are setting weapons profiles and you mention OSB so you are in the profile page in the MFCD and you selecting CCRP correct?

On second thought, Page 273 of the manual would explain better than me,

These might help also

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=DCS+A-10+weapons+profiles

later.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

CCRP mode

Ok, So you posted you are setting weapons profiles and you mention OSB so you are in the profile page in the MFCD and you selecting CCRP correct?

On second thought, Page 273 of the manual would explain better than me,

These might help also

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=DCS+A-10+weapons+profiles

later.

Ok thanks mvsgas, I appreciate that. Now the penny drops. I just realised after nearly a year I’ve been doing this all arse about and it’s a legacy mistake perpetuated from 1.5. I prefer my CBUs between 900 and 1200 HOF so when I set that or any other weapons function like ripple or single whatever I’m forgetting to do one important thing and correct if I’m wrong, which is creating a new weapons profile and then saving it. No wonder it wouldn’t stay in CCRP mode because that is the “default setting”. The mode of release does eventually change after a few goes at it or once I’m in the air but that whole setting up process in creating a new weapons profile is what I’m missing, man whatta clutz. Oh well, that’s half the fun of the A-10C and why I still love flying it above anything else, learning stuff as well as blowin #@%*! up. Now I just need to learn a nice quick system in creating and saving my own weapons profile and I’m totally rereading the DSMS section in the FM.

Thanks big time for the tip mate, much appreciated guidance.

:book::doh::thumbup:

Edited by GazAce

Hopefully, I was able to help. Keep in mind that the A-10C module has been out for a while, so there is a high probability that many people have encounter what ever problem you have. So people like Bunyam, Ironhand, xxJohnxx, pickinthatbanjo and many other have very good informative channels in you tube. Also, typing a question, then site:followed by the website adress here would help you find the information here on the forums. For example:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=yyEUWoXiN8Tc0gKrtouoDA&q=Weapons+profiles+site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fforums.eagle.ru&oq=Weapons+profiles+site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fforums.eagle.ru&gs_l=psy-ab.3...323893.336506.0.338048.23.21.0.2.2.0.136.2105.12j9.21.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.15.1372...0j0i131k1j0i67k1j0i22i30k1.0.DkuQqj4dnxQ

To whom it may concern,

Hopefully, I was able to help. Keep in mind that the A-10C module has been out for a while, so there is a high probability that many people have encounter what ever problem you have. So people like Bunyam, Ironhand, xxJohnxx, pickinthatbanjo and many other have very good informative channels in you tube. Also, typing a question, then site:followed by the website adress here would help you find the information here on the forums. For example:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=yyEUWoXiN8Tc0gKrtouoDA&q=Weapons+profiles+site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fforums.eagle.ru&oq=Weapons+profiles+site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fforums.eagle.ru&gs_l=psy-ab.3...323893.336506.0.338048.23.21.0.2.2.0.136.2105.12j9.21.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.15.1372...0j0i131k1j0i67k1j0i22i30k1.0.DkuQqj4dnxQ

Yea that prob is totally ironed out now, it's easy when you know how huh.

Thanks kindly, cheers.

:thumbup: