Who posted the labelled Beriosa panel?

I've seen one but can't find it again - it had been labelled and translated into English, and it showed a couple of differences to the current Lomac version.

Anyone know where it is, or better yet have a copy of it?

edit - by sod's law have found a copy in the Su27 flight manual - not translated, though.

Someone posted a list of which aircraft corresponded to which light at the bottom - anyone?

Someone posted a list of which aircraft corresponded to which light at the bottom - anyone?

From left to right: Airborne radar | Long-range SAM | med-range SAM | short-range SAM | EWR | AWACS

Easiest to think of it this way: the scale goes from most dangerous threat to the least dangerous (from left to right).

From left to right: Airborne radar | Long-range SAM | med-range SAM | short-range SAM | EWR | AWACS

Easiest to think of it this way: the scale goes from most dangerous threat to the least dangerous (from left to right).

No - that's the way it works in-game, and it's not strictly accurate.

I think it was translated from a Serbian MiG29 manual or something . . . . but it had a list of units corresponding to each light, and it didn't match the explanation we've got.

image003.jpg

Russian

1- П - F-4, F-104

2- З - Vulcan, Chapral

3- X - Hawk

4- H - Nike-Hercules, Patriot

5- F - F-14, F-15, F-16, F-18

6- C - F-4, F-104, F-5, Mirage, Lighting, Jaguar

• Like 1

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

image003.jpg

Russian

1- П - F-4, F-104

2- З - Vulcan, Chapral

3- X - Hawk

4- H - Nike-Hercules, Patriot

5- F - F-14, F-15, F-16, F-18

6- C - F-4, F-104, F-5, Mirage, Lighting, Jaguar

Right!

That bit of text at the bottom is the bit I was looking for, many thanks.

The Jaguar bit still puzzles me (the Jaguar not having an A2A radar), but the theory's there.

Moze ktos mu przetlumaczyc na angielski takie cos?

"Czasami (w zasadzie często) po odpaleniu silników i włączeniu tego urządzenia do pracy opromieniowuje nas APA (agregat prądotwórczy), oczywiście jak jest blisko (kilka metrów). Jest to doskonaly sposób sprawdzenia sprawności"

Wiec i z Jaguarem nie byloby problemu, zwlaszcza ze istnieje wersja z radilokatorem "Agave" ;)

Sorry, maybe somebody translate this on english?

• Like 1

Sometimes (in practice, often) when the engines are fired up and the RWR, the APU can radiate; if it is close (a few meters) it is perfect for checking that the RWR is functional.

And the Jaguar apparently has a system called 'Agave' which radiates and can be picked up by the RWR.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

This Jaguar thingy is strange. As far as I know, only some indian Jaguars ( navy I think ) has the Agave radar installed, the french and british Jaguars are strictly radarless. Sounds strange that soviet RWRs take special note of indian navy aircraft.

Those target types are a far cry from the LOMAC modeling.

From Manual:

Threats types (bottom row, L to R):

airborne radar

long range radar

mid range radar

short range radar

early warning system

AWACS

thats what I was thinking?

is this ok?

Yep, it's all a bit of a puzzle.

The letters underneath the lights would seem to tie in with a range of radar bands, which would certainly make sense. So the RWR would display a threat by radar type, and it's up to you to remember which aircraft that could be and hope your intel is accurate ;)

Lomac does simplify in areas, and we know the MiG29 and Su27 weren't focussed on much in the move from Flanker to Lomac . . . . shrug.

The Jaguar bit is interesting, though.

Speculation - obtaining info on a radar that is offered as an option when still under development, through covert means, might result in it being entered into the manuals anyway . . . . .

Tornado seems more likely. Sea Harrier could also have been an option.

Could be that it was a bit hard to get info on radar band for all radars featured in the game..

SPO-15ŁM Beryoza is programable. This is old data from old MiG-29 manual. Times they are changed ;)

(..)Sorry, maybe somebody translate this on english?

Nah ;) Do your homework Kusch :D

I'm looking forward to fly with any of you guys (from "forum milosnikow symulatorow"). I'm kinda having trouble finding you guys on HL (don't use it much anyway) or on the 504th server. Where are you flying then?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Only privat IP (max 6/10 user, bad server for FC) log in forum for IP.

http://81.210.9.116/~apacz/smf/

We play exclusively dog fight only IR and Guns (waiting for rear aspect Aim-9P and R-60 :-) )

Czasami ludzie z naszego forum graja na HL (eskadra FIS) Wiec zaloguj sie na forum a otrzymasz odpowiedz o naszym IP, przewaznie taka informacja znajduje sie w statusie GG osoby stawiajacej serwer.