DCS v1.5.2/FC3 F-15c + helios + leavu config guide

G3

To be honest I have not had a chance to play with these in game yet. Just playing around with a new setup right now. But this latest uses the exported radar so it should be the same. Again if we can find out how to keep LEAVI on top then it would solve all the problems. I have a 980 Superclocked card and have not noticed any FPS hit.

Edited by OverDhill

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you please explain this statement:

Just playing around with a new setup right now. But this latest uses the exported radar so it should be the same.

What exported radar-the game or leavu?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Could you please explain how you got the game radar into your second screen.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Do you mean in general or displaying it but also displaying RWR from LEAVU? The way I did it you cannot display the MPCD from LEAVU at the same time as you display the DCS exported radar. This thread is not the place to explain how to display exported items on a second monitor as there are thread that explain that. How I did it on this work around is to specify a total width of only half the second monitor (so for me that would be 1920+640). That way DCS does not cover the RWR

OverDhill, I have a new 980 Ti Hybrid,,, MAJOR FPS drop using MFCD_3, I'm surprised you have not seen the same,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Before going to sleep last night, it occurred to me how you did it (your last sentence). For the time being, I am going to stick with all Leavu MFDs and the game radar on the main monitor. Now if CZ can figure out how not to hid the MFCD_FC3, maybe he could do the same when using Leavu in the 3rd MFD while using the game radar in the first MFD. This whole thread has been a real brain teaser. Thanks for your input.

Sobe,

3) Don’t hide the Leavu button labels, there can be utilized but need to be coded into Helios. You have me puzzled with that statement a bit. In the end, once coded into Helios, does that mean that you are to use the Helios OSB buttons once coded?

OverDhill, thank you for the photo, very helpful indeed!

provided you are using the latest helios profile and leavu keybindings from post #2 custom files,

there is no need to do anything in helios to get the pacs buttons working, it's all been done

hitting the leavu setup button in the profile will set the 3 mfd's up to display the correct screens and then

the leavu pacs will be controlled by the helios buttons dclt, hsd and sms although the top pylon buttons currently have no function.

It might be helpful if someone else posted up a screen shot of their final layout, that would answer a lot of questions for me. Thanks

the screenshot in post #2 is the latest profile with pacs working as described above

and did you eventually get the shortcut sorted to automatically start your preset

Are you using Leuvu and config/export from the post #2?

Because it continue to refuse to connect :(

Galen 104, this is not going to help but i was unable to get mine not to connect?

it really shouldn't matter what export file you use,

if you're not using the one provided in post #2, any will work provided you add the leavu dofiles at the end

Edited by G3

Galen 104, this is not going to help but i was unable to get mine not to connect?

it really shouldn't matter what export file you use,

if you're not using the one provided in post #2, any will work provided you add the leavu dofiles at the end

I'm using the one provided in post #2, and I also tried many other always adding the leavu dofiles at the end. It always it does not connect :(

G3, all seems to be well with me except for the shortcut, sure would be convenient to fix that if you have any suggestions

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

to those of you who managed to get it all working,

would really like to see what you have done compared to my simpler guide using the custom files,

when u get a chance maybe you can post your procedure,

i ask because the whole idea was to make it easier but this thread hasn't exactly panned out as intended :)

Edited by G3

I intend to, as you can see i deleted my original install instructions. During the week, I will type out a revised set. Would be helpful to include the shortcut fix, if there is one?

I am beginning to think that one reason that MFCD_FC3 stays on top is also the reason it is taking such a huge FPS hit. It is being redrawn at a very high rate. I went over the LEAVU threads I could find and Yoda tried to get it to stay on top with no success. So for now I think I will go with the exported radar from the game and then use LEAVU for RWR and forgo the MPCD which MFCD_FC really doesn't do well and LEAVE is not perfect either. I would rather have the radar be accurate and see the RWR. Maybe something can be done to create the MPCD down the road.

Fakums Install procedure of Leavu 2.1. Keep in mind I already had Helios and Capt Z profile installed and my Helios monitor is to the right of my main monitor:

From Post# 2 of this thread, I downloaded:

LeavuEri_2.1.zip

DCS v1.5.2 beta_helios_leavu_G3readme rev1.0.rar

custom files for G3 guide v5.0.rar

http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/downlo...undleId=116028

*** I also downloaded “eagle pit v2.2” I don’t know where the link is, but Sobe sent it to me via email. If you don’t know where to get it, PM me and I will email it.

Extracted DCS v1.5.2 beta_helios_leavu_G3readme rev1.0.rar and this was my “GUIDE” to install, but I did NOT follow it to the letter because I already had Helios installed and prior install experience that failed for me.

Extracted custom files for G3 guide v5.0.rar to a new folder (call it whatever you want).

From the extracted custom files for G3 guide v5.0.rar files, I copied the “Helios” folder and pasted into my “Documents” Folder (where my existing ‘Helios” folder already resides), and allowed replacement.

Opened up Helios Profile Editor and selected to opened “F-15C_v1.0b_G3v5_RHside” ( because my configuration is Helios monitor is to the right of my Main monitor). Performed “Reset Monitors” and saved it with a custom name.

Installed jre-8u73-windows-i586

Created a new Folder on my C drive called “C:\F15 Leavu”

Extracted LeavuEri_2.1.zip to a new folder, named it Leavu2.1 (call it whatever you want).

From C:\Leavu2.1\Leavu Client, I copied its sub folder “Leavu” to “C:\F15 Leavu”

From C:\Leavu2.1\Leavu Client\DLL, I copied all (6) of the DLL files to “C:\Windows\SysWOW64”

From C:\Leavu2.1\Fc2 Exports\Config, I copied its “Export” sub folder to “C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config”

From C:\Leavu2.1\Fc2 Exports\Config\Export, I copied its sub file “Export.lua” to my already existing “C:\Users\Dons\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts” (I renamed my existing “Export.lua” file before doing so, so I could save it).

Extracted “eagle pit v2.2” to a new folder (call it whatever you want).

From C:\Eagle Pit Files\Eaglepit Leavu2 Keybindings\Keybindings, copied the keybindings to “C:\F15 Leavu\Leavu\Keybindings”

From “C:\F15 Leavu\Leavu”, made a shortcut to desktop for the file “Leavu2.jar”

*** Note to date I am not able to change these shortcut properties to strart a specific “Preset when Leavu2 is launched from the desktop shortcut, I have to select the Preset I want once Leavu opens.

From this point, I followed the instructions in the Readme file from DCS v1.5.2 beta_helios_leavu_G3readme rev1.0.rar

Note that the 1st instruction is to copy keybindings over, we already did that, so just continue from 1. and finish thru .10 as follows:

"Configure your leavu mfd's:

first thing to do here is copy the 4 keybindings files from the old eagle pit 2.2 profile into your current leavu keybindings folder, this is important. WE ALREADY DID THIS !!!!!!!

1. start leavu with your desktop shortcut

2. select instruments, in the "available" list click "MFD", under that click "No Frame"

3. now move and resize the positioner window over to your top-left helios mfd frame and click "Add"

(take your time to just hide the outer white edge of the leavu positioner window under the helios mfd frame, the positions and sizes can be finely adjusted from within the preset file later on if need be)

4. repeat this process again for each of the leavu mfd's you require for your profile.

i suggest this order, VSD, TEWS, then PACS and one more if desired (not used in Capt Zeen's F-15c)

(remembering the order on which you placed them, this order is very important for the next step of binding the keys to the correct mfd's)

5. now back to the Leavu "instruments" window, and in the active list on the right you should see a list of the mfd's you created

6. click the top MFD in the "active" list and then click "Bind Keys" and from the list select "frame keys 1" then click load (see below key list for which keybinds should match each leavu mfd)

7. repeat this process for all for MFD in the active list

key: MFD = keybinds (for easy reference when binding the leavu mfd's)

radar = frame keys 1

tews = frame keys 2

pacs = frame keys 3

extra mfd = frame keys 4

then close the "key bindings" window and the "Instruments" window.

8. go back to the main leavu2 window, select "presets" and save, then close the leavu "presets" window.

(note: it will save it as a long numeric filename, i strongly suggest renaming the file to something like "my leavu presets")

9. your new "my leavu presets" file is saved in your x:\leavu\Presets folder, go there to rename it as above

10. open this file with wordpad and edit the following line:

sim_autoconnect = "false" change it to sim_autoconnect = "true" and save it

(this tells your preset file to automatically attempt to connect with DCS)"

After this I had to do some repositioning and resizing of the 3 MFD’s, the only odd thing I found was that I could not shrink the RWR down as far as I needed too? I was able to shrink it, but once I got to a certain point, no matter what value I changed it to less than before, it would not shrink. It just makes it in its place.

Eventually I also took my original saved Export.lua that I saved and just added the following lines (see below) to the bottom of the export.lua, just 2 lines after the last “end” and all still worked.

-- We need som basic math functions

dofile("./Config/export/math_fcns.lua")

-- Include the data export

dofile("./Config/export/Yoda_Export.lua")

-- Include the LEAVU functions

dofile("./Config/export/LEAVU_fcns.lua")

-- Include the Eagle radar improvements

dofile("./Config/export/ERI_radar.lua")

Hope this helps? I did not proof read this all yet, figured Id get it published now instead of a few days from now,,, good luck!

There are no key steps different from what I normally do, it just continue to refuse to connect.

The only difference is the installation path of DCS, for me is on another hard disk, but leavu connect via network, so should be ok.

Do you have windows 10?

*** Note to date I am not able to change these shortcut properties to strart a specific “Preset when Leavu2 is launched from the desktop shortcut, I have to select the Preset I want once Leavu opens.

I don't understand why. Just edit your shortcut and do something like:

"E:\DCS World Software\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset "Presets/G3 - Capt Z sidebyside"

it works for me, it loads automatically "G3 - Capt Z sidebyside" profile.

Note that the LEAVU2.jar path must be between double quotes, and preset is outside it.

Fakum, thanks for posting your procedure, the only bit i don't think is necessary to do was grab the eagle pit files, the keybinds are provided in the custom files

as for the shortcut, i simply create a desktop shortcut of leavu2.jar

then right click, properties, and edit the target line

so if it originally looked lke this:

x:\games\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar

I change it to look lke this:

x:\games\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar -preset Presets/your preset name here

Galen104, we need to get you connected,

are you saying you can successfully connecting leavu on a network

but not locally or am i misunderstanding you post.

i am running windows 10 on both dcs pc and remote pc

OverDhill, looking good there,

i agree all is not ideal but we can only hope that one day in the future

we might be able to export all the instruments as viewports or just have a full panel view

all i know is i could never go back to just relying on looking at the instrument panel in game

Edited by G3

Galen104: Im running windows 10 as per my specs noted in my sig.

Galen104 & G3, see my post 161 where I provide info on the shortcut issue. I hope Im missing something simple, like a space or something? Please review and advise.

G3: You are likely correct about the eagle files, keep in mind, I just posted what I did, I did not have time to go back and see if I could make things more efficient, but thanks for noticing.

Galen104, we need to get you connected,

are you saying you can successfully connecting leavu on a network

but not locally or am i misunderstanding you post.

No, I can't connect even from remote pc, what I can easily do is autoload the wanted profile with leavu via shortcut.

Fakum: The shortcut from #161 is wrong because the options passed to a program must be outside the double quote that contains its path. Tecnically speaking the quotes only go around individual paths. In other words:

"C:\F15 Leavu\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar -preset Presets/Fakum Leavu 1"

this is wrong

"C:\F15 Leavu\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset "Presets/Fakum Leavu 1"

this works.

ps: the quotes are required only if there are spaces inside the path

Edited by galen104

Thanks, I will look into that tonight and report back,,,,

No, I can't connect even from remote pc, what I can easily do is autoload the wanted profile with leavu via shortcut.

Fakum: The shortcut from #161 is wrong because the options passed to a program must be outside the double quote that contains its path. Tecnically speaking the quotes only go around individual paths. In other words:

"C:\F15 Leavu\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar -preset Presets/Fakum Leavu 1"

this is wrong

"C:\F15 Leavu\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset "Presets/Fakum Leavu 1"

this works.

ps: the quotes are required only if there are spaces inside the path

You are correct, the quotes were not correct, I had no idea, I'm not a coder,,, I went off the instructions in G3's readme file from:

DCS v1.5.2 beta + helios + leavu config G3readme 2016-02-06 rev1.0

Which states:

"setup a leavu shortcut to autorun a preset

this will fire up your preset with out the need to manually choose it from the list.

make copy of your leavu shortcut

go to the shortcuts properties and edit the target as follows:

if original is x:\leavu\LEAVU2.jar

change it to: x\leavu\LEAVU2.jar -preset Presets/your presets name here"

Thanks, I knew it had to be something easy to fix, but I cant catch stuff like that because I don't have any knowledge of what it was supposed to be,,,,

I have completely removed DCS and performed a clean installation.

Finally I was able to connect locally and from a remote pc.

ps: I did a repair but don't known why it wasn't enough...

But I didn't understand how to change the MFD functions. When I load the leavu preset all 3 display the same thing..

Edited by galen104

Neither of these work:

"D:\F15leavu\Leavu Client\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset Presets/sidebyside or

"D:\F15leavu\Leavu Client\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset "Presets/sidebyside"

But this works when inserted the CMD exe:

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "D:\F15leavu\Leavu Client\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset Presets/sidebyside