DCS v1.5.2/FC3 F-15c + helios + leavu config guide

G3

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using the command line by Iku64

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\java.exe" -jar "D:\F15leavu\Leavu Client\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset Presets/sidebyside it says that it cannot find the preset (which is there) and when I hit the preset button in Leavu, about 20 lines appear in the command box and nothing works. One time I forgot to hit the preset button and loaded the game and the top left Mfd appeared, but of course I couldn't do anything with it as no bindings had been set.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Using the command line by Iku64

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\java.exe" -jar "D:\F15leavu\Leavu Client\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset Presets/sidebyside it says that it cannot find the preset (which is there) and when I hit the preset button in Leavu, about 20 lines appear in the command box and nothing works. One time I forgot to hit the preset button and loaded the game and the top left Mfd appeared, but of course I couldn't do anything with it as no bindings had been set.

Ok...now I finally understand why yours is not working..:doh:

You have that cmd file somewhere other place than under folder D:\F15leavu\Leavu Client\Leavu.

Place your cmd under same folder where LEAVU2.jar file is and make shortcut of it to your preferred place where you want to start it...

I have had all the time shortcut of my Leavu2.cmd file at my desktop and Leavu2.cmd under the folder C:\Prog\Leavu Client\Leavu

Sorry that this taked soooo long to understand..this morning I maded same folders and files that you have...finally tested to move my cmd file somewhere else than leavu folder and BAM!..there was your errors..:D

Hope this helps..:)

And if we don't make this thing too easy..we can close that cmd window starting our string like this (add start and double " before the line..colored as red)

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_74\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "D:\F15leavu\Leavu Client\Leavu\LEAVU2.jar" -preset Presets/sidebyside

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Finally I got mfd buttons to work..taked some time to understand that I need to edit Helios profile via Notepad and add manually those keybinds..:).

Also I had sametime error on my touch monitor setup and I was wondering why I can't push those buttons via it...but now that is ok too.

Now these are all ok and "easiest" things fixed..now I need to start to learn how to fly this birf and fight with it..:)...and that will take some time..:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

:crash::crash: WOW,, I have been following all this,, clear as mud so far with all the variables! I'm happy for those who have achieved!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

setup summary

OK well I got it to work and at the risk of oversimplifying here's what I did:

*) Install Java 8 both x64 and x86 versions.

*) Copy 'Leavu Client' folder (in LeavuEri_2.1.zip) into 'C:\Program Files (x86)\'

*) Create a shortcut for LEAVU2.jar and place on desktop.

*) Then copy contents of dll folder (in LeavuEri_2.1.zip) into C:\Windows\SysWOW64

*) Copy contents of of KeyBindings folder (in .RAR) to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\LeavuClient\Leavu\KeyBindings\'

*) Copy contents of of Presets folder (in .RAR) to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\LeavuClient\Leavu\Presets\'

*) Place the Export folder (in LeavuEri_2.1.zip, folder Fc2 Exports\Config) with all its contents in 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config' folder so that this becomes 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export'

*) Copy the export.lua (in .RAR, scripts folder) to 'SavedGames\DCS\Scripts' folder (create folder if doesn't exist yet).

*) Open Leavu (shortcut) and load preset 'G3 - Capt Z side by side'

*) Fire up HELIOS and press the leavu button in the profile to reset the displays

*) Run DCS (in single display config), and leavu should auto-connect once you start your mission

*) I later went into HELIOS profile editor to apply the keyboard bindings from MFD3 as here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2675565&postcount=94 so that these now also work.

EDIT: per request my HELIOS profile attached for reference (slightly modified from captZ's original): inspect layer MFCD_buttons.

Above is for DCS1.5 release version, you get the picture for 1.5ob and 2.0oa.

Tested on Win7x64. All disclaimers apply :-) Good luck

HELIOS DCS F-15C v2.4a.zip

Edited by Hollywood_315
  • Like 1

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Alrighty then! I appreciate the summary,, I will give this a shot tomorrow

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Iku64 G3 and Hollywood

90% success. I got everything working thanks to Iku64's command line explanation and Hollywood's simple list and the patience of G3.

Remaining 10% is the fact that I cannot do anything with the keybindings and the 3 mdfs stay as they are. I put the keybindings folder inside both the LeavuClient folder per Hollywood and in a Leavu folder inside the Leavuclient folder. Will work on this.

File structure

D: >F15leauv > LeavuClient [keybindings] > Leavu [keybindings]

Still no joy on the keybindings. Should the folder "Keybindings go in the folder LeavuClient or in the subfolder Leavu? I deleted the Keybindings folder in the subfolder leavu and still no joy on the keybindkings.

by the way, I did press the Leavu button in the Helios profile.

Edited by sobe
file structure and last 2 sentences x

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Sobe: good to hear we are gettting closer

the keybindings folder goes in the leavu folder

as per the guide:

Configuring your leavu mfd's:

from the "custom files for G3 guide v3.0.rar"

1. from the Keybindings folder

copy the 4x keybindings files (called frame keys 1-4) into your x:\leavu\keybindings folder

G3

My file sturcture is D:\F15leavu\LeavuClient\ [with subfolders] Leavu, DLL, and sounds. Inside the Leavu subfolder are the sub-subfolders keybindings, lib, presets and the leavu2 executable. So I already have the folder keybindings (with the 4 mfds) in the subfolder leavu. Is that the correct location or does it go in the Leavuclient subfolder?

D:\f15leavu\leavuClient\Leavu\keybindings, lib, presets and Leavu executable.

Still no joy on the keybindings.

Edited by sobe
last paragraph

Here is my preset and keybinding for MFD 1.

Preset which I believe is the one you prepared.

[LEAVU2]

Volume = "100"

no_focus = "true"

sim_host = "localhost"

sim_port = "8079"

sim_password = ""

sim_autoconnect = "true"

dl_host = "localhost"

dl_port = "11009"

dl_ID = "J.Doe"

dl_password = ""

dl_autoconnect = "false"

autoclose_presets_window = "true"

minimize_leavu = "true"

[MFD]

frame = "false"

posX = "2193"

posY = "0"

sizeX = "397"

sizeY = "392"

keyBinds = "keyBindings/frame keys 1"

[MFD]

frame = "false"

posX = "3259"

posY = "3"

sizeX = "250"

sizeY = "250"

keyBinds = "keyBindings/frame keys 2"

[MFD]

frame = "false"

posX = "1957"

posY = "486"

sizeX = "386"

sizeY = "371"

keyBinds = "keyBindings/frame keys 3"

keybind for MFD1

## Example key bindings file for MFD1

## Syntax examples :

## callbackMessage key

## callbackMessage modifier1 modifier2 key

## callbackMessage modifier1 modifier2 modifier3 modifier4 key

0 LCONTROL LSHIFT NUMBER0

1 LCONTROL LSHIFT NUMBER1

2 LCONTROL LSHIFT NUMBER2

3 LCONTROL LSHIFT NUMBER3

4 LCONTROL LSHIFT NUMBER4

5 LCONTROL LSHIFT NUMBER5

6 LCONTROL LSHIFT NUMBER6

7 LCONTROL LSHIFT NUMBER7

8 LCONTROL LSHIFT NUMBER8

9 LCONTROL LSHIFT NUMBER9

10 LCONTROL LALT NUMBER0

11 LCONTROL LALT NUMBER1

12 LCONTROL LALT NUMBER2

13 LCONTROL LALT NUMBER3

14 LCONTROL LALT NUMBER4

15 LCONTROL LALT NUMBER5

16 LCONTROL LALT NUMBER6

17 LCONTROL LALT NUMBER7

18 LCONTROL LALT NUMBER8

19 LCONTROL LALT NUMBER9

OverDhill, the AOA not working properly is solved by an edit to the export.lua line 1198

original:

SendData("16", string.format("%.2f", aoa * 57.3 ) )

change it to:

SendData("16", string.format("%.2f", aoa * 1.00 ) )

and give that a go,

AOA needle position is not the same degrees as game but it is the same value on the gauge:thumbup:

Is this really correct..my HUD has different values than AOA after this change (it's closer than before editing this but not same)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this really correct..my HUD has different values than AOA after this change (it's closer than before editing this but not same)

Iku64: for me it now points to the correct number on the gauge, but the needle position is not the same as in game as the helios and in game gauges are slightly different if that makes sense

Finally I got mfd buttons to work..taked some time to understand that I need to edit Helios profile via Notepad and add manually those keybinds..:).

Iku64: or you can go into the helios editor, load the profile, click profile explorer and edit MFCD_Buttons

Preset which I believe is the one you prepared.

Sobe: well that all looks ok, the preset points to the correct key bindings for each mfd, see my pm.

I noticed in the leavu documentation Yoda mentions this:

If keybindings don't work, make sure both lockon and leavu are running as the same user

(otherwise global keyboard input isnt detected).

For example make sure if you run Fc2 as admin, also run leavu2 as admin, or better, don't run either as admin.

:crash::crash: WOW,, I have been following all this,, clear as mud so far with all the variables! I'm happy for those who have achieved!

Fakum: sadly I think mud is clearer, all I can say is don't give up without starting fresh and carefully following the guide in post #2

it wasn't meant to be 12 pages of confusion but that's what has happened,

I think mainly due to the fact there is another version of leavu floating around,

even so there is some good info provided for those having difficulties with java etc.

I later went into HELIOS profile editor to apply the keyboard bindings from MFD3 as here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2675565&postcount=94 so that these now also work.

EDIT: per request my HELIOS profile attached for reference (slightly modified from captZ's original): inspect layer MFCD_buttons.

Above is for DCS1.5 release version, you get the picture for 1.5ob and 2.0oa.

Tested on Win7x64. All disclaimers apply :-) Good luck

Hollywood: thanks for helping by explaining how you got it all going,

also well done getting the helios mfcd buttons working and for sharing that profile

I intend to release an updated profile once I am happy with a few ideas I have in mind, G3

Edited by G3

Iku64: for me it now points to the correct number on the gauge, but the needle position is not the same as in game as the helios and in game gauges are slightly different if that makes sense

Iku64: or you can go into the helios editor, load the profile and edit MFCD_Buttons

Ok..I looked again and seems that I was wrong...could be that when you test sometimes changes you have made..sometimes you think you have saved files but they are not. Now I checked that number is same in all three AoA things (DCS panel, Helios panel and HUD)

And yes..you can edit those button pressess at Helios editor..today morning I realize how it works...I was trying to double click those button edit things but now I know they need to be drag with mouse from other window to other...:)

But you can also edit with Notepad++...it is harder way but doneable..:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok..I looked again and seems that I was wrong...could be that when you test sometimes changes you have made..sometimes you think you have saved files but they are not. Now I checked that number is same in all three AoA things (DCS panel, Helios panel and HUD)

And yes..you can edit those button pressess at Helios editor..

But you can also edit with Notepad++...it is harder way but doneable..:)

they say there's "more than one way to skin a cat" :thumbup:

I am a fan of notepad++

I have noticed you can open/close it without saving the changes of the file you are editing,

so yes I totally agree, forgetting to save when testing is easily done :)

you got it sorted and that's the main thing

Edited by G3

Sunday Afternoon Update

I have gone from 90% success to 98% success.

The remaining 2% is due to the fact that I still cannot control the MFD's with the keybindings. However, using Hollywood's profile, I was able to use the 20 buttons on the lower left MFD so now I CANNOT control MFD 1 or 2, but can control MFD 3, which is probably sufficient for now. I will still work on why the keybindings are not effective. Any suggestions?

One issue that I have noticed when I did a quick mission is that when I bugged a target on the VSD, the VSD in the cockpit went into STT like on page 68 of the manual, but the VSD in the Helios profile with Leavu2 working, remained in LRS like page 67 of the manual. Not a good idea. Has anyone else had that happen to them?

I wonder if I can blank out the VSD box in Helios and then Viewport over the regular VSD from the game? Will try this later.

Hollywood-I noticed that you added a canopy button to the profile. Do you recall doing any other changes (other than the buttons for the lower left MFD)?

This has been a very trying time getting Leavu to work.

Edited by sobe
Attempting to use game VSD

VSD Update

I may have a partial solution to the VSD issue. I set up the game as a single screen, but placed the VSD in the lower right corner of the screen. I continued to have Helios on my second screen with the VSD on MFD 1. What happens when you go into a mission is that the VSD appears in your main screen with a transparent background and the Leavu VSD continues to appear in the Helios profile. When you go to STT lock, the VSD on monitor 1 correctly goes to STT while the VSD in Leavu does not go fully into STT mode. Any thoughts?

I have gone from 90% success to 98% success.

The remaining 2% is due to the fact that I still cannot control the MFD's with the keybindings. However, using Hollywood's profile, I was able to use the 20 buttons on the lower left MFD so now I CANNOT control MFD 1 or 2, but can control MFD 3, which is probably sufficient for now. I will still work on why the keybindings are not effective. Any suggestions?

One issue that I have noticed when I did a quick mission is that when I bugged a target on the VSD, the VSD in the cockpit went into STT like on page 68 of the manual, but the VSD in the Helios profile with Leavu2 working, remained in LRS like page 67 of the manual. Not a good idea. Has anyone else had that happen to them?

I wonder if I can blank out the VSD box in Helios and then Viewport over the regular VSD from the game? Will try this later.

Hollywood-I noticed that you added a canopy button to the profile. Do you recall doing any other changes (other than the buttons for the lower left MFD)?

This has been a very trying time getting Leavu to work.

Sobe

If the MFCD buttons worked using the profile from Hollywood, then my leavu keybindings are working as intended

what exactly do you want to control on the mfd's for the VSD and TEWS?

As for the leavu VSD compared to in-game VSD, yes there are some differences.

I have a new version of Capt Zeen's profile for u to try,

will upload it in about 2 hours time

Edited by G3

Ran your update and had some issues. Helios not responding to touches, the mfd buttons not working and the 3 mfds not displayed. In addition, I had to delete the gray background.

My profile

G3

I don't know why your latest profile will not work for me. So I went back to the profile before your most recent one and did the following:

coded the MFD 3 buttons and labeled the bottom buttons.

coded 2 buttons for the RWR as described in the PDF page 14 and labeled them ARH AND BG.

Added a button for open/close canopy.

Other than the above, this is a straight CPT Z profile.

USE F-15C_v1.0b_eng_sidebyside.rar

Sobe I have seen the same issue happen when trying to reset monitors in the helios editor.

I made the RHside profile to suit your monitor layout and tested it on my end,

So did you just run the RHside profile or did you go into the helios editor and reset monitors?

Sobe I have seen the same issue happen when trying to reset monitors in the helios editor.

I made the RHside profile to suit your monitor layout and tested it on my end,

So did you just run the RHside profile or did you go into the helios editor and reset monitors?

I reset it. Was that wrong?

No it was not wrong, what you were doing is the correct thing to do,

but in doing so it was causing the problem you described that I believe was my fault.

appears it was an error on my behalf, not including the other main monitor in the profiles,

which causes trouble if you reset monitors in the editor, I think I have resolved this issue.

I have updated both the below and RHside profiles to hopefully correct this issue

see post #120

updated the download to F-15C_v1.0b_G3v4.rar

please try it out for me, use the RHside profile,

run the profile before and then after doing a monitor reset,

let me know what you find

if all works ok, I will update post #2 with the latest profiles

Edited by G3