Helisimmer review

borchi_2b

Hi guys, I wanted to share this article with you, cause we decided to work closely with some of the known social media guys out there now and then. The following link is just one of a few social media news. More is planed and more exciting for the customers. Stay tuned as it was already mentioned in the article, nice stuff is planned and yes, sometimes I have to pinch myself to remind myself that I am not dreaming.

But here we go, the article:

https://www.helisimmer.com/previews/quick-preview-polychop-dcs-gazelle-update/

Although aspects of the Gazelle are still on the calendar for review, after the final update is written and published to the community, the product will very close to as accurate as possible and at that point, Polychop will move forward.
This is implying you're planning on finishing doing updates to the Gazelle.

Which wouldn't be tooo much of a problem, were it not for threads like these on here and like this one on Hoggit pointing out oddities with the FM, like flying upside down or apparently wind not affecting it:

(linked only because I'm not copy-pasting big blocks of text and the video).

I totally understand as a business and as a dev needing to move on to other products, but when one of the core parts of your existing product is still in a questionable state after many revisions, surely that's going to have an adverse affect on sales of your future products?

Edited by Buzzles

About that mentioned topic there and claims made by people that our gazelle is not affected by wind I have to state that we decided not to comment directly to certain post made in that topic at the moment.

My family taught me, if you have no nice words left as expression about something it is the point where you stop talking.

Let me state one last thing about our FM.

We use windtunnel calculations that take up to one month of constant calculations 24/7. additionally we use airfoil data and the manuals that we have recieved. As final touch and feel we have real helicopter pilots of different origin fly our product to ensure they feel happy and it feels right to them.

@myHelljumper: You might have seen us being very activ lately in our discord channel. This is cause we are testing our new FM a lot. Pat tested with french pilot and I did with guys of the us army, so on all sides the guys are happy.

There will always be poeple that have to bash n something when they are annonymous in the internet, hidden behind a forum name, so we can do very little about it.

I have no clue where people are getting the idea the FM isn't affected by wind. It takes 2 minutes to setup a scenario to test it, and see that that's completely incorrect. Moderate winds drive me crazy trying to get attack rocket attack runs in with the L model.

-Jenrick

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
@myHelljumper: You might have seen us being very activ lately in our discord channel. This is cause we are testing our new FM a lot. Pat tested with french pilot and I did with guys of the us army, so on all sides the guys are happy.

There will always be poeple that have to bash n something when they are annonymous in the internet, hidden behind a forum name, so we can do very little about it.

On the other hand there are those of us who went out an bought a FFB 2, ripped apart an X52 and built their own stick to better enjoy the magnificent gazelle you good folks have created. Tis a pleasure to fly, for that thankyou.

The Gaz FM is a great improvement and truly great fun to fly especially so in its designed role down very low. I have regularly flown this model from initial release and the difference from then to now is the same difference as between night and day.

How the FM compares to reality I have no idea but I'm sure I can do things in the UH1H, Mi-8 and KA50 in sim that would result in grief if attempted in RL.

I feel the Gazelle control responses demands careful set up of equipment and software to maximise enjoyment of the model characteristics. Flying with a short throw, strong spring joystick with a sharp centre will be challenging.

Models when declared 'released' are often improved in time as circumstances permit, UH1H EGT and MI-8 Cargo handling for example.

The first person to release a reliable 'sh-t' filter for the internet will make a fortune.

SIGBLOCK.png

i havent been on the gazelle much, but i thank you for your efforts on bring to us a quality sim.

i hope your future projects have more multi crew like your gazelle...

with VR, multiseat is more interesting for coop play, i am lucky that gazelle has that feature.. i only hope ED other third parties bring in more functional multiseat

KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179