Steam Spitfire DLC NoT Working!

trek

I'm running the DCSW open alpha beta on Steam. Several days ago I purchased the Normandy 1944 Map and the WW2 Assets Pack. They installed and everything was OK and I was flying my Bf-109K and P-51 Mustang over Normandy.

I then decided to purchase the Spitfire Plane and the Spitfire Epsom Campaign DLCs. Installed both of them and suddenly the DCSW program refused to start.

Tried verifying integrity of the game cache and still no game startup. I then manually removed both of the Spitfire DLCs from the program and you guessed it the game is now starting again and running great.

Obviously the two Spitfire DLCs have a conflict with the DCSW program. Has anyone on this forum experienced this problem and if so what is the fix for it?

I've put in a tech support ticket to DCS with a dxdiag. but at present I've received no answer on a resolution to this problem.

First of all, THIS NEEDS TO POSTED AS A STICKY POST WITH THE TITLE:

"Spitfire LF Mk IX DLC on Steam will cause DCS World on Steam to fail to lauch"

I've spent hours searching forums and threads and never once found this as a solution to my query, wording as some form of "Steam DCS World doesn't lauch"

All kinds of non-solutions. Wasted time uninstalling, reinstalling downloading troubleshooting and it is just a simple ED needs to fix their Spitfire problem.

I am so.....grrrr.....

Secondly, THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ED!!

TynMahn,

Thanks for the reply and concern. I put in another Support Ticket today as my first one didn't get their attention the way it should have. I sent them a full DXDiag.txt and the DCS Log Files.

Also today I manually placed the two Spitfire DLCs back in their proper places in the DCSW program and ran another "Verify integrity of game files" process through Steam. After the verification process finished I got the message: "two files failed to validate and will be reacquired." So obviously its' referring to the Spitfire DLCs.

I have purchased 10 DLCs so far for DCSW and all of them work except the Spitfire stuff. Today I bought the FW190-D and yesterday the F-15C Georgian War Campaign. Both installed and the game runs flawlessly.

I've informed DCS Support about all of this. I've requested that they examine the Spitfire DLCs they have on Steam as I have no doubt they are corrupted files and are non-functional.

I also noticed on the DCSW game discussion forum there is another person posting about the same problem so we are definitely not alone. As soon as I get a reply from DCS support I will post it here. Hopefully they will finally do something about this mess. I know I'm getting tired of not being able to play the Spitfire DLCs in the game especially since I paid a total of $60 for those two items.

Not a great way to treat fully paying customers who are strongly supporting them and buying lots of DLCs is it?