Battle of Britain - more than dynamic campaign!

Bucic

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great jon Bucic. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 2 weeks later...

that was a beautiful move on that 109. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

that was a beautiful move on that 109. :thumbup:

I've already commented that it was a great high aspect shot :thumbup: The video is not mine. It's one of our DCS community member's who converted to BoB2, the name of whose I won't mention:banned:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Bucic,

I only just notice this thread.

Thinking of giving it a go.

I assume I just need to buy the game and put on 2.11?

Then - is there any ultra-mod pack out there?

Or can you give a recommended list of mods or a mod web site?

Cheers

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

Hi Bucic,

I only just notice this thread.

Thinking of giving it a go.

I assume I just need to buy the game and put on 2.11?

Then - is there any ultra-mod pack out there?

Or can you give a recommended list of mods or a mod web site?

Cheers

Buy the game.

download the latest update

read installation instructions BEFORE installing

install

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=941611&postcount=7

2.11 is both - game update and a mod pack :) Mods that are not included are very rarely worthy. You can go through the modding topic on the forums though.

P.S. Do whatever you can to get dual throttle joystick or a second joystick just for the second throttle lever. It makes for a whole new experience! Note that you don't need dual throttle to operate propeller pitch in aircraft versions fitted with two-speed units. Just two buttons mapped to your controls.

Edited by Bucic

Thanks!

So - dual-throttle for dual-engine planes? Or are you thinking of like a slider to control prop-pitch?

I have 2 sliders, which I normally use for mixture and radiator in rise of flight I could use for something like mixture and prop pitch.

TRIM I would use the hat switch just like the A-10C, since I have trackir I don't need a hat :)

I meant controlling propui pitch of single engine ACs. Slider will do if it doesn't spake. In case of X52 series I wouldn't use slider but rather the wheels instead.

The only 2-engine AC in BoB2 is Bf-110.ui I've never flown that one.

An extra skinpack?

Multiskin: every single aircraft out of possible hundreds in the air has it's own markings (letters and numbers) according to his squadron of origin (e.g. you can meet Adolf Galland and recognize his AC by both his numbers, JG insignia etc.)! Over 2,000 schemes for all fighters and bombers are authentically modelled!

Why the hell would you need one?! :D

ok got it setup, with the patch and skin pack. Lots of skins great :)

Figured I had to turn off wheel brakes due to my forward flip on take off, so I read the quick start in the manual and got up in the air.

Turned up anisotropic and AA to 16x, and the ground textures look quite nice. Better than IL-2.

The flight models are more than I expected, I tried some maneuvers I do in ROF biplanes and spins and spin recovery. Some cool sound effects warn when you stress the plane too :)

Short of time to read the manual at the moment, but will do more bit by bit.

Anyway I'm up and running thanks!

• 2 months later...
Hey guys, does anyone know if any other patches before 2.11 are required?

Or can i just install the original game then the 2.11 update?

Thanks

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21865

Straight to 2.11 (just got hold of this this week myself)

Just a few notes for those who fresh install BoB 2 Wov:

1. To learn where the game stores its settings read on how to back up and restore... Note4 http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21865
  2. Majority of settings are being stored in the BDG.TXT configuration file; see the video below to learn how to compare two copies of BDG.TXT
  3. Download one of my latest BDG.TXT to see what experienced players tweak for more realism {...to be uploaded...)
  4. Backup BDG.TXT every once in a while e.g. by copying it and changing the name to BDG.bak1, BDG.bak2 etc.
  5. Print Screen key saves screenshots to the STILLS directory ;)
  6. Launching the game with your controls disconnected will RESET their settings to defaults!!! (see backup&restore procedures)
  7. Additional axis (may be from second joystick!) recommended for propeller pitch control although two-speed propellers can be realistically controlled using two key commands
  8. Saitek X-52 Pro profile is available http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=170236#p170236 but here's the video Saitek SST - use any joystick profile for any other model

Cheers, had this game sitting on my shelf since release. I remember installing it being impressed but it was so buggy... Now i can go back and have another look.

Regarding that specifically - I played it for two years or so and I encountered maybe 2 (TWO) crashes that were not triggered by me:

- by not making sure no pop-ups will... pop up during gameplay in 3D world. The game will crash then. You have to supress your antivirus pop-ups etc. for the time of playing.

- by fiddling with pagefile.sys limits and setting the limit too low

I need to find my BOB disk. Installed it a long time ago and was less than impressed (the patches have done wonders)...tracker IR was buggered for me and it was during a time I was playing warbirds online...so didn't give it much of a chance.

I guess with Cliffs of Dover it's a little late, but you can never have too much BOB :)

I'd be surprised if the IL2 title - and I Love IL2 - even touches what has been achieved on BOBII, outside of the 3D engine.

Cockpit gauges are bad in BoB 2 ;) They move in increments. Extremely poor implementation. Il-2 (old) had it done better already so Il-2 CoD will have it done better too.