The Cobra - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-13-2016, 04:02 PM   #1
robert.clark251

Reputation power: 4
robert.clark251 has a spectacular aura aboutrobert.clark251 has a spectacular aura aboutrobert.clark251 has a spectacular aura about
Default The Cobra

Hey Gents,

This is a question for the devs at Belsimtek. Since the first day you mentioned it, my father and I were on edge waiting to see the Cobra come out. I grew up blocks from the Bell Plant and watched them test fly the helicopter daily. The sound of her coming in and taking off is something I will never forget. It was my fathers favorite helicopter. He has sinced passed due to health complications and never got to see your amazing work.

Of all the modules promised or forecasted, this is the one I have waited for the most, until someone anounces the Aerospatiale Dauphin. My question is, are you still looking at doing the Cobra, and if so, any little bit of news you could give on it? Even if its a one word answer.

I usually do not beg, but this is something I really hope will see the light of day. DCS world needs more Helo love and I know more are coming, but it will not be complete without the Cobra.

Thanks for the amazing job and all you do. The Huey, F-5, and F-86 are still hands down my favorite modules to fly.

Regards
Robert
robert.clark251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:21 PM   #2
hansangb

Reputation power: 10
hansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nice

+1^10000

(yes, it's still one, but you get the idea)
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:26 AM   #3
robert.clark251

Reputation power: 4
robert.clark251 has a spectacular aura aboutrobert.clark251 has a spectacular aura aboutrobert.clark251 has a spectacular aura about

Greatly appreciated sir. I know the routine. DCS world has a lot in common with military. Hurry up and wait. LOL. Thank you for the short burst of light.

Regards
Robert
robert.clark251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 12:07 PM   #4
Gunfighter6

Reputation power: 9
Gunfighter6 will become famous soon enoughGunfighter6 will become famous soon enough

What "short burst of light?" are you talking about? I've been waiting for the Cobra too but I doubt it will see the light of day. Last I heard it was cancelled.
Gunfighter6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 12:35 PM   #5
lmp
ED Translator

Reputation power: 7
lmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the rough

Where did you read it was cancelled?
lmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 01:11 PM   #6
Coxy_99

Reputation power: 19
Coxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of lightCoxy_99 is a glorious beacon of light

I love a good story please continue, But please start with once upon a time

Follow me on twitch here also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile

Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:30 AM   #7
Flagrum
Veteran

Reputation power: 28
Flagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert.clark251 View Post
My question is, are you still looking at doing the Cobra, and if so, any little bit of news you could give on it? Even if its a one word answer.
Even after years ... +1!
The author of this posting can not be held responsible for the content, the layout, the typography or colouring of the posting above. This is a beta version of the text and may not represent the final form of the author's thoughts. Everthing is subject to change.

[Do you use a FFB device?]

Flagrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:11 PM   #8
probad

Reputation power: 5
probad is a jewel in the roughprobad is a jewel in the roughprobad is a jewel in the roughprobad is a jewel in the roughprobad is a jewel in the roughprobad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert.clark251 View Post
My question is, are you still looking at doing the Cobra, and if so, any little bit of news you could give on it? Even if its a one word answer.
yeah and then the community will make sure it immediately bursts into 5 different conspiracy theories that'll then be used against belsimtek on release.

i bet pandora also just wanted one peek too

Last edited by probad; 02-02-2017 at 05:15 PM.
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:20 PM   #9
Flagrum
Veteran

Reputation power: 28
Flagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by probad View Post
yeah and then the community will make sure it immediately bursts into 5 different conspiracy theories that'll then be used against belsimtek on release.

i bet pandora also just wanted one peek too
Yeah, keeping everthing diffuse and unclear is probably really the better way to handle it ...
The author of this posting can not be held responsible for the content, the layout, the typography or colouring of the posting above. This is a beta version of the text and may not represent the final form of the author's thoughts. Everthing is subject to change.

[Do you use a FFB device?]

Flagrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:04 PM   #10
iLOVEwindmills

Reputation power: 3
iLOVEwindmills has a spectacular aura aboutiLOVEwindmills has a spectacular aura aboutiLOVEwindmills has a spectacular aura aboutiLOVEwindmills has a spectacular aura about

I doubt there is much to say, it seems like the 24 is first in line and even that one was recently mentioned as 'not being close' or something along those lines. Probably need to wait until the F18 is out, wait for them to get back to work on the 24, then wait for them to pick up the cobra again when done with that.
iLOVEwindmills is offline   Reply With Quote