Do Belsimtek really exist? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 10:07 PM   #21
MiG21bisFishbedL

Reputation power: 10
MiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcorpse View Post
We are still here, in our eternal crusade against new bugs and unfinished modules!

Move MiG. For great justice. You know what you doing. Take off every MiG.
CH Combatstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals
Old 09-16-2016, 11:42 PM   #22
streakeagle

Reputation power: 10
streakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nicestreakeagle is just really nice

The countless hours I have spent flying the UH-1H, Mi-8, F-86, MiG-15, and now F-5 lead me to believe that Belsimtek does exist. Their end results may not be perfect. They may not talk too much on the English forums. But for me, their "unfinished and buggy" modules are equal to or better than any other DCS module, including "finished" ones like the A-10C and Ka-50.

Over that same period of time, all other parties, including ED, have released one or no new aircraft. Most (all?) of which are in much worse shape than any of Belsimtek's in terms of bugs and incomplete/missing features.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:00 PM   #23
ebabil

Reputation power: 16
ebabil is just really niceebabil is just really niceebabil is just really niceebabil is just really niceebabil is just really niceebabil is just really niceebabil is just really niceebabil is just really niceebabil is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
They are all Russian speakers, I think they shy away form the English forums for a few reasons, mostly because of the language barrier. Also because they are close to ED, you can count on Wags and others to share info on upcoming stuff from time to time as well.

You can always find them teasing here and there though...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=347
wow, we are getting mi-24 and it is being talked on russian forums.
i will be hanging on russian section by the help of google translate.

Youtube
Old 09-22-2016, 09:13 PM   #24
Redglyph

Reputation power: 6
Redglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Yeah, I think the only support link is these forums, its easy to miss some things though as busy as these forums are, generally the community or testers will get to you before anyone else anyways.
Well, I made a leap of faith and bought the F-86 and Mig-15.

"Unfinished" is the first feeling that springs to mind, both for the manual and the few training missions I've flown with the Sabre. Enjoyable, but unfinished.

That's pretty annoying but alone wouldn't be a huge problem. Then this disappearing sound issue popped up, I saw a thread about it (only after reporting it myself, missed it because it was quite far back) but apparently no reply whatsover, and it's from April. Yet that's quite a breaking bug.

So in such a case, what can we do, as users? How do we know they've seen the problem and are working on it? How do we know whether the manual being unfinished is just a packaging problem, or unfinished work from their part? Not easy without any response.

To be honest, my first impression is just confirmed so far. Their Sabre is otherwise a pretty good aircraft, I really love it, but this somewhat ruins the experience, now I'm getting warry to find yet other problems and not knowing whether they'll ever be solved.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:18 PM   #25
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 93
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Even though they work much closer with ED than any other 3rd Party team, they are still a 3rd party team. I would like to see them communicate about this stuff better myself. I'll poke some people again and see if we can get some updates. Dont give up though, bug reporting is still very helpful, and a number of Testers will confirm and report user bugs, Testers cant comment on progress of fixes though.

Old 09-23-2016, 04:49 PM   #26
Redglyph

Redglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the rough

Thanks!

The Checklog and Updates threads are very useful by showing the numerous fixes and improvements, but as long as it's not in there, it's hard to know. The two issues I mentioned are typical examples of "erm... why is there absolutely no feedback on that, even months later?"
Old 09-23-2016, 05:45 PM   #27
msalama

Reputation power: 31
msalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I'll poke some people again and see if we can get some updates.
Thanks for this Sith, I've been eagerly waiting for updates for quite a while already. As have we all for that matter I'm sure...
Old 09-23-2016, 07:36 PM   #28
Martillo1

Reputation power: 12
Martillo1 has a spectacular aura aboutMartillo1 has a spectacular aura aboutMartillo1 has a spectacular aura about

"By their fruit you will recognize them." - Matthew 7:16
Old 09-24-2016, 07:58 AM   #29
Drag0nWIng

Reputation power: 2
Drag0nWIng is on a distinguished road

it seems a idealism thread...
lol
Old 10-05-2016, 04:42 PM   #30
Redglyph

Quote:
Even though they work much closer with ED than any other 3rd Party team, they are still a 3rd party team. I would like to see them communicate about this stuff better myself. I'll poke some people again and see if we can get some updates. Dont give up though, bug reporting is still very helpful, and a number of Testers will confirm and report user bugs, Testers cant comment on progress of fixes though.
Did you get info from Belsimtek, by any chance?

I couldn't even get any reply to a simple question on whether they packaged the correct version of the manual (the current one is very pre-beta looking), yet it's not that complicated to answer that.

I'm starting to think their products are reserved to Russian-speaking people only