Do Belsimtek really exist? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 05:09 PM   #11
cofcorpse
ED Partners

Reputation power: 19
cofcorpse is a glorious beacon of lightcofcorpse is a glorious beacon of lightcofcorpse is a glorious beacon of lightcofcorpse is a glorious beacon of lightcofcorpse is a glorious beacon of lightcofcorpse is a glorious beacon of lightcofcorpse is a glorious beacon of lightcofcorpse is a glorious beacon of lightcofcorpse is a glorious beacon of lightcofcorpse is a glorious beacon of lightcofcorpse is a glorious beacon of light

We are still here, in our eternal crusade against new bugs and unfinished modules!
Old 09-14-2016, 05:54 PM   #12
secret1962+
Posting Rights Suspended

Reputation power: 0
secret1962 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcorpse View Post
We are still here, in our eternal crusade against new bugs and unfinished modules!
A word on whether the huey will be finished or not would be appreciated though
Old 09-15-2016, 02:28 PM   #13
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 77
SkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to behold

I'd say their Quality of Work answers the question itself.... shrug.
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
Old 09-15-2016, 09:24 PM   #14
ApoNOOB

Reputation power: 7
ApoNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutApoNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutApoNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutApoNOOB has a spectacular aura about

I was always under the impression that AlexanderT is part of BST but now looking twice, he doesn't have the user title. Does he just crosspost from the Russian forums?

Well no big change for me, I got all those updates afterall, if somebody from BST or ED testers team tells me about, it is not that relevant. =)
Old 09-16-2016, 07:52 PM   #15
Redglyph

Reputation power: 5
Redglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret1962 View Post
+1 on that, the reason why I've been hesitant to buy other Belsimtek products so far can be summarized in the title of this thread. Sadly though, they seem to be well done.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:03 PM   #16
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 91
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret1962 View Post
I think his statement probably answered that.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:06 PM   #17
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebabil View Post
This company is quite different from other 3rd companies. Yes i know they are very close to ED, maybe part of them, but ..

Other partner's admins, devs reply the community very often, even ED and Wags are involved with this forum but BST is like a ghost. Are thet active in Russian section?
They are all Russian speakers, I think they shy away form the English forums for a few reasons, mostly because of the language barrier. Also because they are close to ED, you can count on Wags and others to share info on upcoming stuff from time to time as well.

You can always find them teasing here and there though...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=347
Old 09-16-2016, 08:27 PM   #18
Redglyph

Reputation power: 5
Redglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the roughRedglyph is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
They are all Russian speakers, I think they shy away form the English forums for a few reasons, mostly because of the language barrier. Also because they are close to ED, you can count on Wags and others to share info on upcoming stuff from time to time as well.

You can always find them teasing here and there though...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=347
Well, it's good to know, because my first experience with DCS was the Huey, and when I tried to get some support I was told it wasn't ED's product and so I had to contact Belsimtek instead. I tried to find a contact but there was none, and then posted in the product sub-forums but I never got a reply from them. I searched a bit and didn't find much reply from them to other's enquiries, and that really left me with a bad impression.

Knowing that, and seeing recently activity from other people I know are in contact with them may ultimately dispel this first impression

I may be fussy, I don't know how others who started similarly in DCS experienced this at first. Hopefully it's not often perceived like that, but I thought it could be interesting to share this in case it is.

And no, the quality of a developer's product doesn't always speak for itself, and building great things is not always enough to sell them, on the contrary. With time I became wary after bad experiences with products that were not finished and not supported anymore, from what I read here and there I'm certainly not the only one.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:38 PM   #19
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Yeah, I think the only support link is these forums, its easy to miss some things though as busy as these forums are, generally the community or testers will get to you before anyone else anyways.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:34 PM   #20
javelina1

Reputation power: 15
javelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
I'd say their Quality of Work answers the question itself.... shrug.
Exactly! everything they put together is top notch.

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1x 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios & Ikarus), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift CV1
Closed Thread