Multi-crew in UH-1 and Mi8 - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-19-2016, 04:47 AM   #21
M460

Reputation power: 2
M460 is on a distinguished road

I bought the UH-1h under the strong suggestion that it was a Cooperative multiplayer module like the L-39. Im still waiting fo that feature on the Mi-8 too.

I dont really care bout the L-39 and i really give less to seat switching.. Big mouths wreck good gameplay with whine.
M460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:43 PM   #22
hog_driver111th

Reputation power: 20
hog_driver111th is just really nicehog_driver111th is just really nicehog_driver111th is just really nicehog_driver111th is just really nicehog_driver111th is just really nicehog_driver111th is just really nicehog_driver111th is just really nicehog_driver111th is just really nicehog_driver111th is just really nicehog_driver111th is just really nicehog_driver111th is just really nice

This shouldn't be a "yes" or "no" to multicrew. It should have the option of adding either a solo or not type aircraft. The reason being, that if I'm flying online and I know my squad mates will not be flying, I can take the solo version and switch seats all I want. If some hop on, I could fly in one of the ones they are. Having the choice to do both would be much better.
hog_driver111th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:52 PM   #23
Rogue Trooper

Reputation power: 8
Rogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the rough

I think what king says is true.
Sp is where the practice comes from. For me the single player gamming environment is critical to enrich the MP battlefield. Unless of course your pit partner is a done thing and you are both at the same level and have the same time to devout to the game.

but with the Huey and more importantly the gazelle and Bo-105... multipit would be sweet from the get go.
Rogue Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:37 PM   #24
TomCatMucDe

Reputation power: 6
TomCatMucDe has a spectacular aura aboutTomCatMucDe has a spectacular aura aboutTomCatMucDe has a spectacular aura aboutTomCatMucDe has a spectacular aura aboutTomCatMucDe has a spectacular aura about

The Mi8 requires multicrew for proper navigation with the doppler, ADF, and helping with Radio and armement setup. Switching between seats for this kills the realism for me.

It is easy program that if the second seat is not occupied by a human, you can freely switch between seats. Comparing with the L39 has no point. It doesn't have to be implemented the same, so ranting about multicrew doesn't make sense at all.

In the case of the Huey, the copilote takes care of the machine gun, let alone the door gunners.

Yes multicrew is a must and I am disappointed that Belsimtek is not giving any news about it. No timeline, not even a confirmation!

--Finest Soviet Mig-21 Pilots --

TomCatMucDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #25
Askerov24

Reputation power: 16
Askerov24 is a glorious beacon of lightAskerov24 is a glorious beacon of lightAskerov24 is a glorious beacon of lightAskerov24 is a glorious beacon of lightAskerov24 is a glorious beacon of lightAskerov24 is a glorious beacon of lightAskerov24 is a glorious beacon of lightAskerov24 is a glorious beacon of lightAskerov24 is a glorious beacon of lightAskerov24 is a glorious beacon of lightAskerov24 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCatMucDe View Post
Yes multicrew is a must and I am disappointed that Belsimtek is not giving any news about it. No timeline, not even a confirmation!
Well, I think the reason is that Belsimtek is waiting for ED to finish the multicrew itself. The thing is, L-39C/ZA is a kind of testbed of multicrew. It is a totally new feature in DCS, right? So I think ED wants to give a finished feature to 3rd party developers. That is how I see the situation.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:50 AM   #26
WindyTX

Reputation power: 2
WindyTX is on a distinguished road

Ok I fly the L39 with a buddy on our own multicrew server. Its a training Aircraft and as such we use it for training. Aerobatics for aircraft handling, oval circuits and a bit of formation flying. Yet to move onto weaponeering but if you have never been taught military flying the L39 is perfect for teaching . The devs did a great job and I for one am grateful its really hard to tell what someone is doing from another Aircraft. The L39 is a perfect teaching platform in DCS as it is in real life. Shame the Hawk wasnt 2 player.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

GTX 1080 Has its uses
WindyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:47 AM   #27
Theskyline35

Reputation power: 5
Theskyline35 has a spectacular aura aboutTheskyline35 has a spectacular aura aboutTheskyline35 has a spectacular aura aboutTheskyline35 has a spectacular aura about

I would be very nice to have the multicrew in the Huey, and the fact that it's a "simple" module, not that much systems, could make the Huey a good start to implement the multi crew !

My Youtube Channel
i5 3570k OC 4.2GhZ -- GTX970 4Go -- 8Go RAM -- 250Go SSD + 2To HDD -- Saitek X52 + Rudder Pedals -- Logitech GT Driving Force -- HomeMade trackIR
Theskyline35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:10 PM   #28
Sverre

Reputation power: 3
Sverre will become famous soon enoughSverre will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Hrothgar View Post
1) In single player, the player has access to both cockpit seats just like the UH-1 and Mi-8 and can change at will in flight.

2) In multiplayer, the first player gets the front seat only, the spawning character cannot switch to the rear seat like in SP nor can he/she choose the rear seat to begin with. That first player takes the front seat and stays there or doesn't get to spawn. It's that simple.
It looks like Polychop is fixing that with multicrew in their Gazelle: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...86&postcount=1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat01 View Post
- If you start a multiplayer mission as pilot without copilot, you'll be able to swap to the copilot position
I think Belsimtek should take note of this if they do multicrew for the Huey and Mi-8.
Sverre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:39 PM   #29
Abburo

Reputation power: 11
Abburo is just really niceAbburo is just really niceAbburo is just really niceAbburo is just really niceAbburo is just really niceAbburo is just really niceAbburo is just really niceAbburo is just really niceAbburo is just really niceAbburo is just really niceAbburo is just really nice

Belsimtek, please clarify if we should expect multi-crew for Huey an Mi-8.

There is no need for explanations, just a statement YES or NO should be enough. Reasons behind we might assume they are about the budget. But you might think about a variant where we could pay an extra 5 or 10 dollars to open this feature for these machines.
HW Specs: i7-4770k@4.4GHz,ASUS Maximus VI Formula, 16GB RAM 1866MHz, STRIX OC Nvidia GTX 1080 + Gainward 770GTX, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Kingston SSD 120+240 GB, Logitech G940 + Leo Bodnar BU0836(A and X), MFG Crosswind, G13, T650, TrackIR 5
Abburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:31 PM   #30
WolfK33

Reputation power: 6
WolfK33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
But you might think about a variant where we could pay an extra 5 or 10 dollars to open this feature for these machines.
Umh, no, we already paid for that feature:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...icopters/huey/

Quote:
Key Features of "DCS: UH-1H Huey" include:

Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...ificent_eight/

Quote:
Key Features of DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight include:

Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update

No need to pay twice for a feature that was advertised from the beginning I think.
WolfK33 is offline   Reply With Quote