Multi-crew in UH-1 and Mi8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #1
showtime817th

Reputation power: 9
showtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the rough
Default Multi-crew in UH-1 and Mi8

Now that the L-39 is out of beta and ED has the cooperative multiplayer in the same aircraft working, does this mean that in the near future we could hopefully see this in UH-1 and Mi-8?
showtime817th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:05 PM   #2
Silver_Dragon
Veteran

Reputation power: 43
Silver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

waiting news

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:25 PM   #3
King_Hrothgar

Reputation power: 18
King_Hrothgar is just really niceKing_Hrothgar is just really niceKing_Hrothgar is just really niceKing_Hrothgar is just really niceKing_Hrothgar is just really niceKing_Hrothgar is just really niceKing_Hrothgar is just really niceKing_Hrothgar is just really nice

I hope never, it's irritating not being able to switch seats in MP in the L-39 but with the L-39 it doesn't actually hurt anything functionally. In the Mi-8, you'd have to be a real contortionist with TIR just to cold start it. I really hope the Mi-24 and AH-1, assuming they ever get made, are single seat only like the UH-1 and Mi-8 currently. Yes, I fully realize how unpopular that view is here on the forums. But I'm also a regular in MP, I like my modules to work in practice rather than just theory.
King_Hrothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:48 PM   #4
elcoo

Reputation power: 6
elcoo is on a distinguished road

@King_Hrothgar: I can't see how a proper multi-crew would hurt the functionality of a module in any way. First of all, it does not have to mean that the current seat-switching ability will be removed. Secondly, working together in a two-seater would not require more equipment (like TIR etc.) than when flying them in singleplayer.

In my opinion, multi-crew actually is the only way to simulate a fully functional multi-seat aircraft. The current solution with either an "autopilot" or AI-gunners, doesn't satisfy me at all. It feels more like having to decide whether I want to get shot down for being a sitting duck (in other words, using the autopilot's hover), crash into a cliff (using orbit mode) or letting the AI-gunners take over with their erratic reconing and aiming skills.

So yes, in my eyes the long awaite multi-crew feature is a must have and I'd be heavily disappointed if it wouldn't get implemented, especially as it was on the features to come list, since the beginning of the Huey.
elcoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:00 AM   #5
King_Hrothgar

King_Hrothgar is just really niceKing_Hrothgar is just really niceKing_Hrothgar is just really niceKing_Hrothgar is just really niceKing_Hrothgar is just really niceKing_Hrothgar is just really niceKing_Hrothgar is just really niceKing_Hrothgar is just really nice

Multicrew is nice on the rare occasion you can get another human to fly with you that isn't going to deliberately shoot down your own aircraft. The trouble is, as it is currently implemented, multicrew removes the option to change seats. So as long as that remains, I'd rather have it as is.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:01 AM   #6
showtime817th

showtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the roughshowtime817th is a jewel in the rough

The way I think the L39 works in multi-crew is that you have to accept someone to join you in your aircraft, or you don't have to...If that is the case, I think you will be ok the way you play multiplayer. For me,this is not a rare occasion. I belong to a squad that on any giving day, including Holiday's we will have 5 to 10 pilots join up on TS and fly missions or just shoot the &*%. We as a group are looking forward to multi-crew..."Me thinks", you and I can have the best of both worlds.
Old 02-20-2016, 06:45 AM   #7
King_Hrothgar

It doesn't work that way. That's the problem.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:04 AM   #8
showtime817th

Ok, how does it work?
Old 02-20-2016, 07:20 AM   #9
pered

Reputation power: 6
pered is on a distinguished road

King Bad excuses, not being able to switch seats in multicrew makes PERFECT sense. Can you switch seats while flying in real life?
Old 02-20-2016, 07:29 AM   #10
Jacks+
Posting Rights Suspended

Reputation power: 0
Jacks will become famous soon enoughJacks will become famous soon enough

I hope that if a seat is unoccupied then you can switch into it. Also I hope that the aircraft is not tied to the pilot so if the pilot exits the game the helo does not despawns but rather if the aircraft is occupied by two players it does not despawns until both exit. This means that on blue flag for example I could fly an mi-8 towards the target with a navigator but if I need to leave then I can exit but the aircraft remains spawned and so the navigator jumps into the pilot seat and continues the mission. If I return to the mission I can jump into the navigator seat or if the co-pilot jumps back into the navigator seat before I spawn in, I can jump back into the pilot seat.

I hope this makes sense!
System Specs: i5 3570k @ 4.5 GHz, MSI Z77A GD-55 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 1600 Hz DDR3 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Cooler Master Evo 212 Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor,

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote