whatever happened to the Cobra project? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-29-2016, 09:54 PM   #21
Hook47

Reputation power: 8
Hook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the rough

Honestly, I am totally happy about BST pushing back the AH-1 and Mi 24 to make a proper counterpart to a current module! I wish more third party devs would use this attitude! BST has provided a counterpart for every aircraft they have made, and now even one they didn't (MiG 21) and I think that is outstanding and worth waiting on some other birds for it.

I feel sure once we do get an AH-1 or Mi 24 we can expect a counterpart to it as the next module. This is healthy for the sim and the multiplayer fan base
Hook47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 05:59 PM   #22
jimcarrel

jimcarrel will become famous soon enoughjimcarrel will become famous soon enoughjimcarrel will become famous soon enough

To be totally honest, I wanted the AH-1 almost 2 years ago and now, I still want it.
Just sayin'
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig
jimcarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:11 AM   #23
Drag0nWIng

Reputation power: 3
Drag0nWIng is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
Honestly, I am totally happy about BST pushing back the AH-1 and Mi 24 to make a proper counterpart to a current module! I wish more third party devs would use this attitude! BST has provided a counterpart for every aircraft they have made, and now even one they didn't (MiG 21) and I think that is outstanding and worth waiting on some other birds for it.

I feel sure once we do get an AH-1 or Mi 24 we can expect a counterpart to it as the next module. This is healthy for the sim and the multiplayer fan base
I'm totally agree with you.

You know, when I saw the new dlc of FSX released on steam, I just feel horrible. I don't understand why they do this.
https://steamdb.info/app/379232/
https://steamdb.info/app/379557/
Drag0nWIng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:15 AM   #24
armageddon
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 19
armageddon is a glorious beacon of lightarmageddon is a glorious beacon of lightarmageddon is a glorious beacon of lightarmageddon is a glorious beacon of lightarmageddon is a glorious beacon of lightarmageddon is a glorious beacon of lightarmageddon is a glorious beacon of lightarmageddon is a glorious beacon of lightarmageddon is a glorious beacon of lightarmageddon is a glorious beacon of lightarmageddon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Hrothgar View Post

Back on topic, yeah, I agree it might have been better not to say anything until they were sure they were actually going to make it in the near term. Allegedly the Mi-24 is coming after the F-5E which suggests the AH-1 or AH-64 after that since BST does like their opposing pairs (as do I). But with the F-5E, the Mi-24 has been "next" for 4 modules, so I really can't take them seriously on it. They will continue to release good modules I'm sure, but until I see a formal announcement of the Mi-24, I'm just going to assume the next one will be DCS: Flying Squirrel. Obviously the AH-1 falls into that too.
That's true, they shouldn't say anything about cobra and mi 24.
It reminds me on the announcement by ED. that the Apache will be the next module after a-10c.Then it got cancelled for the f-18c.Now similar things are happening with these two helos.
We get planes instead of promised helicopters.And I didn't forget about the announced Kiowa.We have so many air planes now but only 3 helicopters, and only 1 of them a real attack helicopter.
And some people dare to complain about DCS being world of helicopters....
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:56 AM   #25
Racerx

Reputation power: 0
Racerx is on a distinguished road

Give us a Cobra variant that mounts sidewinders and you'll see some pvp. Hunting other helis or even hiding in the mountains and shooting down jets as they play hide and seek in there.
Racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:40 PM   #26
hannibal

Reputation power: 21
hannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nice

i also want AH-1...
i mean ill sell my kidney for DCS cobra.. :p

but i will be patient until DCS hashes out DCS 2.0 and the mult-seat capability so that AH-1 is a polished 2 seat cooperative beast instead of it being a test bed for multi seat..

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179
hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:03 PM   #27
jimcarrel

jimcarrel will become famous soon enoughjimcarrel will become famous soon enoughjimcarrel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannibal View Post
i also want AH-1...
but i will be patient until DCS hashes out DCS 2.0 and the mult-seat capability so that AH-1 is a polished 2 seat cooperative beast instead of it being a test bed for multi seat..
I keep forgetting about the 2 seater aspect, gotta wait for that first
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig
jimcarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:00 AM   #28
NaCH

Reputation power: 14
NaCH has a spectacular aura aboutNaCH has a spectacular aura aboutNaCH has a spectacular aura aboutNaCH has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagan505 View Post
The BO-105 was / is used by the German Armed Forces and many other countries. The standard armament of the 105 generally consists of 6 anti-tank missiles, 3 mounted on each side. It's an older weapon system, but an agile and dangerous attack helo. It keeps getting updated as well, so that's good.

Give me this for Blue flag!!!
Epic helo fights from town to town!
NaCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:34 AM   #29
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Reputation power: 48
WildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to all

the best counterpart would be the apache... but guys, understand it is not always easy to get the blueprints and tunnel tests, even the permission from manufacturers..
Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
WildBillKelsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:17 AM   #30
Flagrum
Veteran

Reputation power: 29
Flagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of light

Counterpart this, Ka-52/A-64/Bo-105 that ...

The - still unanswered - question was, what happened to the Cobra project!

So, BST ...? Please ...?

[Do you use a FFB device?]

Flagrum is offline   Reply With Quote