Mildly prefer Mi-24V 64 5.83%
Strongly prefer Mi-24V 271 24.68%
Voters: 1098. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
Chappie

Reputation power: 3
Chappie is on a distinguished road
Default Mil-24 Hind Lead-In

Belsimtek has produced a most beautiful version of the Mil-8 Hip and I think that is a perfect lead-in to modifying the airframe and produce an Mil-24 Hind.

I enjoy combat helicopters and no one else is producing or capable of producing an Mi-24 Hind but Belsimtek. This appears most obvious to me and I hope it is to Belsimtek as well. The likelihood of even remotely flying the Mi-24 Hind in DCS is 0%.

This helicopter has been featured prominently in the Afghan war and continues to server proudly but attention given to it is little to none presently. With the introduction of the Mi-8, I have simply enjoyed it and I am now asking for an official Mi-24 Hind from Belsimtek. The road from Mi-8 to Mi-24 can't be that difficult for a talented group of developers and, quite frankly, the model exists in DCS already. Spruce it up provide full fidelity and clickable model.
Chappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
T_A

Reputation power: 5
T_A will become famous soon enoughT_A will become famous soon enoughT_A will become famous soon enough

you probably wont see it before the AH-1 and before they (ED) bring support for multicrew.
the Mi-24 has Pilot/Gunner configuration and its not the same as the Huey or the Mi-8

i do agree with you in general , it would be a great frame to have in DCS.
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
Gigabyte GTX 980 OC
Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)
Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5
T_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
SmukY

Reputation power: 10
SmukY has a spectacular aura aboutSmukY has a spectacular aura aboutSmukY has a spectacular aura aboutSmukY has a spectacular aura about

Since ED posted screenshots of Mi-24 cockpit a few years ago (when were only LO: Flaming Cliffs 2 and Black Shark 1 out), you can trust me on this one - Mi-24 someday will be in DCS.

Actually, I've found it, the cockpit for WSO:

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.ph...5&d=1215631231
Old 10-26-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
lmp
ED Translator

Reputation power: 8
lmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the rough

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...9&postcount=56

lmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #5
Neon67

Reputation power: 5
Neon67 is a jewel in the roughNeon67 is a jewel in the roughNeon67 is a jewel in the roughNeon67 is a jewel in the roughNeon67 is a jewel in the roughNeon67 is a jewel in the rough

Can you please translate for non russian speaker? Google trad does not give something understandable
Neon67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:46 PM   #6
lmp
ED Translator

Reputation power: 8
lmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon67 View Post
Can you please translate for non russian speaker? Google trad does not give something understandable
It's understandable enough to me, I can't read Russian very well either. Anyway, the interesting bit is, "under certain circumstances, the Mi-24 might be released before the Cobra". I might be reading too much into this, or I might be mistranslating this entirely, but it looks to me as if the Hind is at least being considered by BST, if not planned/in development.

I just wanted to give us something to speculate about and blow out of proportion. After all, the mods love that .

Last edited by lmp; 10-26-2014 at 05:49 PM.
lmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #7
Flagrum
Veteran

Reputation power: 29
Flagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp View Post
It's understandable enough to me, I can't read Russian very well either. Anyway, the interesting bit is, "under certain circumstances, the Mi-24 might be released before the Cobra". I might be reading too much into this, or I might be mistranslating this entirely, but it looks to me as if the Hind is at least being considered by BST, if not planned/in development.

I just wanted to give us something to speculate about and blow out of proportion. After all, the mods love that .
Awww, let's just say that the Hind is about to be released Soon! ;o) HL3 and Hind confirmed!
The author of this posting can not be held responsible for the content, the layout, the typography or colouring of the posting above. This is a beta version of the text and may not represent the final form of the author's thoughts. Everthing is subject to change.

[Do you use a FFB device?]

Flagrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #8
Pizzicato

Reputation power: 17
Pizzicato is just really nicePizzicato is just really nicePizzicato is just really nicePizzicato is just really nicePizzicato is just really nicePizzicato is just really nicePizzicato is just really nicePizzicato is just really nicePizzicato is just really nicePizzicato is just really nicePizzicato is just really nice

After spending last night flying the Mi-8, the idea that Belsimtek are developing the Hind and the Cobra makes me very, very happy indeed.

It was also interesting (according to my interpretation of the horrendous Google translation) that Pilot Mi-8 seems to think that the Mig-15 is the most deeply modeled module to date.

Good times!
i7-7700K @ 4.2Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster MFDs | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift
Pizzicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:57 PM   #9
Stratos

Reputation power: 23
Stratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really nice

Will really love a Hind from Belsimtek!!
Old 10-27-2014, 02:22 AM   #10
MauganRa84

Reputation power: 6
MauganRa84 has a spectacular aura aboutMauganRa84 has a spectacular aura aboutMauganRa84 has a spectacular aura aboutMauganRa84 has a spectacular aura about

Super on the hankerin' for a Belsimtek Mi-24.

...Sheila rides on crashing nightingale. Intake eyes leave passing vapor trails...

MauganRa84 is offline   Reply With Quote