whatever happened to the Cobra project? - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-17-2016, 10:50 PM   #81
Flagrum
Veteran

Reputation power: 29
Flagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilWillis View Post
No news is good news here. No one from the development team has said it is no longer being developed, so all we can do is wait and see.
So you are saying, the chances are about the same that we will see the Cobra in the forseeable future are as good as for the Apache and the F-16?

... yay ...?

[Do you use a FFB device?]

Flagrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:40 AM   #82
Rangi

Reputation power: 15
Rangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really niceRangi is just really nice

I think the Apache was stated to be no longer in development due to licencing /permission issues, but it was a long time ago so I might be mis-remembering. Nothing has been said about the F-16 or Cobra though, so I still assume they are still on some sort of long term development list. Especially with Belsimtek, we won't hear about it until it very nearly finished.

Last edited by Rangi; 11-18-2016 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Punctuation
Rangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #83
Angus

Reputation power: 5
Angus is on a distinguished road

It's been a while since we've heard of cobra...May be that it is the next to come.
I really hope a western opponent to the KA50. The AH1W would be most credible on the caucase map (and i'm loving that helo) . The AH1G would be a good companion to the huey if we had a vietnam Map .
Maybe belsimtek can do like leatherneck with F14 , two versions a one Helo
Angus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:59 PM   #84
jimcarrel

Reputation power: 8
jimcarrel will become famous soon enoughjimcarrel will become famous soon enoughjimcarrel will become famous soon enough

Personally, I'm getting too old to wait and rely on a AH-1 that was stated to be on the agenda around 2 years ago, I think I'll give up and just wait for my next birthday. It' maybe a safer bet.
Nvidia Geforce 960 4096MB
jimcarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:46 PM   #85
Hermit713

Reputation power: 1
Hermit713 is on a distinguished road

Lol..
Hermit713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:52 PM   #86
Focha

Reputation power: 12
Focha will become famous soon enoughFocha will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcarrel View Post
Personally, I'm getting too old to wait and rely on a AH-1 that was stated to be on the agenda around 2 years ago, I think I'll give up and just wait for my next birthday. It' maybe a safer bet.
True story... I feel the same, I am getting old, really old, waiting for modules and a final release of DCS...
ASUS P5Q-PRO|E8400 @ 3.00GHz|8 GB DDR2 Black Dragon Quad Channel @ 800 MHz|NVIDIA GF GTX 660 2 Gb|SB X-Fi Audio|500 Gb HD SATA III Main|250 Gb HD SATA II Backup|TIR4|Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Pedals|Win 7 64 bits
Focha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:07 PM   #87
Robert31178

Reputation power: 2
Robert31178 is on a distinguished road

I mean, there's always FSX.......

I'm patient and grateful. Eventually stuff will be released. I understand that development takes a long time, and projects get shelved for various reasons. If we are meant to have stuff we'll get it. That's how I see it and that's how I cope. I desperately want things like a DCS level Phantom and CH-53, and if it is supposed to happen then it will.

Devs, good job so far. Keep up the great work!!
Robert31178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:55 AM   #88
robert.clark251

Reputation power: 4
robert.clark251 has a spectacular aura aboutrobert.clark251 has a spectacular aura aboutrobert.clark251 has a spectacular aura about

Those of you who have no patience, take up the hobbies of fishing, yoga, and meditation. You will soon find yourself in a better state of mind when it comes to waiting.
robert.clark251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:21 PM   #89
PingPongChampeen

Reputation power: 1
PingPongChampeen will become famous soon enoughPingPongChampeen will become famous soon enoughPingPongChampeen will become famous soon enough

So nobody really even answered the question...Ive been following this for a while since the decision was made to move from the G model to the W. Isnt all the aircraft BST out of beta? I know Im beating a dead bush here, but what happened?
PingPongChampeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:26 PM   #90
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 93
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingPongChampeen View Post
So nobody really even answered the question...Ive been following this for a while since the decision was made to move from the G model to the W. Isnt all the aircraft BST out of beta? I know Im beating a dead bush here, but what happened?
Nothing happened, there is just no news.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote