How I Flew a Huey in Arizona - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #41
Sporg

Reputation power: 9
Sporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryMudd View Post
I think this is the same aircraft..crashed today(09/23/13).

Try this link: http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizon...tion-abrk.html
It seems it was not the same aircraft:
http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizon...assengers.html

The helicopter that crashed was owned by the pilot Chad Nelson.

The helicopter flown by "PilotMi8" is owned by Dillon Aero.

Still a very tragic accident, but I think not the same machine.
Sporg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #42
bart

Reputation power: 8
bart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the roughbart is a jewel in the rough

Brilliant read.......thanks for posting this
i7-3960 six core Extreme overclocked to 4.0Ghz, 16GB ram 1600MHz DDR3 Quad channel, 1x 256GB and 1x 512GB 850 Pro SATA 6GB/s Samsung SSD's, 4GB GTX 980, Windows 7. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift CV1.

.................................................. ........................................................................ ...........................
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:29 AM   #43
uberwolfe

Reputation power: 0
uberwolfe is on a distinguished road

An entertaining read. Thanks for bringing the Huey to us
uberwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #44
DSPALLASVI

Reputation power: 4
DSPALLASVI will become famous soon enoughDSPALLASVI will become famous soon enough

Great writeup of your experiences with the Huey. Was 'flying' there right along with you!! Glad to know the DCS' flight model is soo close to the real one.
Also appreciate 'flyer49's input; giving another source of feedback from the real world!! Makes me feel even better learning to fly the UH-1 in the sim first...
ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5
DSPALLASVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #45
Wisey

Wisey is on a distinguished road

As a new-ish DCS Huey pilot one question has been on my mind and your story has answered it beautifully. Thank you very much for the story and of course the fantastic DCS Huey.
It has made it feel less like a game and more worthy of the hours I spend flying my desk.
Wisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:40 PM   #46
drsgfire

Reputation power: 5
drsgfire is on a distinguished road

Damn you mast bumping *shakes fist in the air*
drsgfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #47
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Reputation power: 45
WildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to all

Awesome! I'm glad this happened. Even though we can not be in a real huey, at the controls, we got a faithful replica at the warmth of our homes, and thanks to input from Alex, we are lucky!
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #48
SMan

SMan is on a distinguished road

Great story, thanks for sharing that.
What a blast it must've been, especially for someone trained on the other side of the iron curtain flying one type of machine then to experience something from the other side. Only wish you had this opportunity sooner and would've been great to get it before building the sim model (but I guess it's not too difficult to tweak the physics afterwards anyway).
I reckon it was a blast and an honor for the Dillon guys as well to have PilotMi8 fly with them.
SMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:01 AM   #49
FragBum

Reputation power: 1
FragBum will become famous soon enoughFragBum will become famous soon enough

Thanks for sharing some of the background and yes your Huey is a pleasure to fly.
Old 12-17-2016, 05:50 AM   #50
jaxx_za

jaxx_za is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragBum View Post
Thanks for sharing some of the background and yes your Huey is a pleasure to fly.
Thanks for bumping, a really good read.

Was wondering if the need for pedal input at cruise was removed on purpose for practicality / player 'comfort'. Can't imagine hour long flights at my desk pit with my foot jammed against the pedals.

I took a short hop in a bell ranger years ago and also noticed the pilot giving constant pedal input during level flight.
jaxx_za is offline   Reply With Quote