Airbrakes setup

harf4ng

Hi,

About the flap lever first, to better explain my issue with airbrakes.

When I push the flap down button it put the flap lever down.

When I release the button, it puts the lever neutral. I like this behaviour, it allows to good mimic the aircraft systems.

I would like the same for airbrakes, but for whatever reason it does not work. If I setup two buttons for airbrakes on and off, it works but then I always have the airbrakes button either up or down, never neutral, and it also means I can't stop the airbrakes mid position, they are always either full down or full up.

Any way to have a behaviour like the flaps, so when I release a button it put the airbrakes to neutral?

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

There is a Speed Brake Switch - Hold you can map. It does not quite meet the two buttons, but I use it to have finer control. Somebody smarter than me could probably set up their buttons so it does Speed Brake Switch - Out / In on depress and Speed Brake Switch - Hold on release though.

What makes you think the actual aircraft could be operated in this fashion?

The manual of the real thing?

yw6ZfdH.jpg

On my HOTAS I use a 3-way switch to control the speedbrake: one position for open, middle for hold and the last position for close.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB