IR jammer

Is the IR jammer's functionality already modeled? I didn't find any control for that. Or is it unfinished yet?

Can somebody tell me more about this device?

2772345042_8eea16c818_o.jpg

• 3 years later...
Is the IR jammer's functionality already modeled? I didn't find any control for that. Or is it unfinished yet?

Not modeled. As far as I remember, not planned to be modeled, either. Maybe someday if the ALQ-144 gets modeled, they can backport that to this device, as it's essentially the same thing.

Can somebody tell me more about this device?

Like I mentioned above, it's an ALQ-144 clone. It is some version of the L166 omnidirectional infrared countermeasures system. Here is what it looks like without the cover on it:

Lipa-6-1024x768.jpg

I was wondering about the same thing. See it there, but nobody speaks about it.

To be honest, if nothing more, the end result effectiveness of an IR jammer is modeled in Su-25T.

Even wild-guess approximation of its effect on IR missiles would be nice to have for Mi-8.

Probably think the IR Jammer is a main Part of the Survival Packed including the Exhaust Ducts for the MI-24 Combat Helo.

Sound possible MI-24 getting this future getting back Ported to the MI-8 at some Point.

Btw is there any Console in the Cockpit for the JR Jammer think not?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 3 years later...

Old thread but still valid point. With the rise of the Hind and the Kiowa this topic may receive new attention. Would be great to hear publishers oppinion about this

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Thanks! So a no for all 3 models, right?

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Oh I see! Would be nice!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's sad. I fly the Mi8 a lot and am always getting shot down by missiles without any warning. IRL that wouldn't happen... cos it has an IR sensor!

On one particular server, you lose credits for losing an airframe, even though there is nothing you can do to prevent it 😕

The Mi-8 we have in DCS never had any kind of IR missile warning system. The jammer visible on the 3d model is only effective against early IR missiles and ED stated they do not have any reliable data on its effectiveness, hence it wont be modelled. 

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD