IR homing tone doesn't go away

Alpenwolf

When aiming with an IR SAM unit (Strela/MANPAD, etc.) you hear the low tone first and then when a lock is acquired a louder higher pitched one. Even after you fire or break the lock (bandit down or you're not aiming at it any more) that tone is still piercing through your ears. You can deselect the unit and take a different one (even if it's a tank), the tone is still there. The only way to get rid of it is to disconnect from the server then reconnect again.

I've been experiencing this for several weeks now and thought I was doing something wrong hence the delayed report.

Might be a multiplayer issue.

It doesn't happen every time you aim or lock on something but very often. Say 80-90% of the time.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Also happening with Avenger... If you are in a vehicle and someone is in an Avenger and locking something you can hear it.

I have a video and big track in which it happens reletively fast in the begining, track might not work anymore tho

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 on this bug it is annoying as hell.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 12:57 AM, Flappie said:

I'm unable to reproduce this bug. I tried with SA-9, SA-13 and SA-18S to no avail.

You can't do it on your own. It has to be MP and someone somewhere, has to be in a SAM vehicle locking something....

If we knew how it worked, we would have reproduced it long time ago... play CA on the Cold War Server by Alpen and you will eventually get it. If you play frequently, it won't take long.

'Shadow'

1 hour ago, Shadow KT said:

You can't do it on your own. It has to be MP and someone somewhere, has to be in a SAM vehicle locking something....

If we knew how it worked, we would have reproduced it long time ago... play CA on the Cold War Server by Alpen and you will eventually get it. If you play frequently, it won't take long.

OK, I will try it out.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 year later...

How did you reproduce it? You probably deserve an award or something. This is the DCS equivalent of finding a cure for cancer.

My theory was that it had something to do with spawning units via script or late activation.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

On 10/19/2022 at 12:23 PM, Shadow KT said:

How did you reproduce it? You probably deserve an award or something. This is the DCS equivalent of finding a cure for cancer.

A cookie or a beer will do! 😄

I simply hosted a game with just me and another tester, both as Tactical Commanders. We let planes fly over us and aimed at them with each an Igla unit without firing missiles. After a few tries, in approximately 1 minute, the bug was reproduced.

No script, no late activation.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ZioSam said:

For the sake of curiosity...what was triggering the bug?

Don't rush it: it's not fixed yet. I only managed to reproduce the bug on a very short track, which should help devs understand what triggers it.

• Like 1