Through The Inferno (Las Vegas) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

Hotfix October 27, 2022 - 2: TTI SP v2.2.7b

• Fixed an issue where kill feed messages were not working (wrong file uploaded to ED Userfiles)

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Update November 30, 2022 - 1: TTI SP v2.3.0a

Major overhaul to tutorials, guides and general documentation for TTI SP:

Major overhaul to Random Air Traffic (RAT) Script:

• Added a RAT F10 - Other menu to manually control RAT spawns in real time while in-game and other options.
  • RAT aircraft at airbases utilize a random pool of aircraft that you can customize, similar to editing spawning pools
  • RAT aircraft will take off, fly to one of the RAT Waypoints, which you can move, resize (they spawn in a random position within those zones), then land at the airbase they originated from
  • RAT aircraft will respawn shortly after parking or death as a new aircraft type
  • Introduction of REDFOR RAT aircraft. Each map will have a REDFOR base or two, which REDFOR RAT planes will commute between. Their types are also randomized and can also be customized similar to editing spawning pools.
  • Added option to only spawn RAT carrier aircraft if a player occupies the relevant carrier aircraft. Example; if a player spawns in an FA-18C or F-14A/B, then if enabled, the RAT aircraft for the CVN carrier will spawn. This is also how it will work for the Su-33 or AV-8B N/A.
  • S-3B and E-2D are added as optional carrier aircraft for the CVN.
  • Added "Random" spawning template pools for those that wish to randomize aircraft that spawn on carriers, including custom aircraft
  • Added option to also spawn helos on the LHA-1 Tarawa
  • Removed a lot of the "template" RAT aircraft which are no longer required. A text file is included in the mission zip file that goes through the process step by step to add your own random air traffic planes in the mission editor.

Other updates, features and fixes:

• Mission briefing updated and more up to date.

• When requesting CAP Backup from the F10 Other Menu, you can optionally choose for them to either fly to the position where you requested CAP backup, or for them to fly their normal CAP route.

• Tanker spawns are now set to only spawn-in if compatible aircraft are occupied by players. Example; The "Slow Boom Tanker" will spawn in when a player occupies an A-10A/C/C II.

• Fixed an issue where AI wingmen landing before you land, despawns the entire group. AI despawning after land is done on a per-unit-basis to avoid the previous issue.

• Fixed an issue where EWRS AWACS report interval setting via F10 Menu was not working.

• Added a customizable livery lua file for those that wish to utilize custom liveries for both red or blue aircraft. This file needs to be extracted from the miz using 7zip, and re-injected after editing.

• All aircraft now have a default livery set that should help players discern red from blue for aircraft that have several liveries available in vanilla DCS.

• CTLD was updated to the latest version.

• Added new menu option with CTLD to change between real sling loading or simulated hover loading while in-game.

• Fixed an issue where sometimes spawning into newly created client/player aircraft would not work.

• Tankers will fly below or above cloud layer, based on the settings you choose. (Lower cloud base, they go above, higher cloud base they go below).

• Airboss Carrier will set recovery CASE based on weather (clouds, visibility, etc...).

• Re-organized F10 Menu. Some menu items have moved to a relevant sub menu to clean up the front-end F10 - Other menu.

• Added ATIS feature. ATIS auto-starts by default, and will be disabled when a player enters into an FC3 aircraft since ATIS will constantly be playing for FC3 aircraft. This can be disabled optionally in the settings. ATIS can also be enabled/disabled via the F10 - Other Menu

• Fixed an issue with carrier deck static objects not deleting all units sometimes.

• Added a new option to spawn a default carrier deck layout at the start of the mission if CVN carrier is enabled.

• Moved A2G Helo/A2G Easy Missions at McCarran to be outside of the airfield capture zone to allow civilian RAT planes to takeoff

• Adjusted friendly F/A-18C, F-16C and F-15C friendly A2A loadouts.

• Fixed an issue where convoy mission markers were not properly removed after completing convoy missions.

• Made location intel reports only show to requester.

• Added option to show intel reports for individual ground missions as desired, and for how long to keep the display up.

• Added OPTIONAL Civil and Modern Aircraft Mod Expansions which easilly integrates the Civil and/or Modern Aircraft mods into the Random Air Traffic System in TTI SP. Tutorials for config and installation of this optional script is available: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/177ydPq1tJsOli7tKKKAuPxybfOw2yAo5

• Added new units to the air, ground, and ship spawning pools:
Spoiler

Ground Units:
"red_aa_aaa_hl_dshk",
"red_aa_aaa_hl_kord",
"red_aa_aaa_tt_dshk",
"red_aa_aaa_tt_kord",

Ships:
"red_ship_hms_invincible",
"red_ship_ariadne",
"red_ship_andromeda",
"red_ship_achilles",
"red_ship_lynch",
"red_ship_castle",
"red_ship_tug",

Submarines:
"red_sub_santafe",

Aircraft:
"red_cap_mf1_bd",
"red_cas_mf1_bd",
"red_cas_su25",
"red_cas_su25t",
"red_cas_su34",
"red_cas_ajs37",
"red_cas_av8b",
"red_cas_f117a",
"red_cas_tornadoids",
"red_cas_tornadogr4",
"red_cas_a10",
"red_cas_f15e",
"red_cas_f16",
"red_cas_wingloong",
"red_transport_an26b_ru",
"red_transport_an26b_cn",
"red_transport_an30m",
"red_transport_c130",
"red_transport_c17a",
"red_transport_il76_ru",
"red_transport_il76_cn",
"red_transport_yak40_ru",
"red_transport_yak40_olympic",
"red_transport_awacs_kj2000",
"red_transport_awacs_a50",

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for creating such great missions for DCS.  I really enjoy the variety and the dynamic side of the missions. 

One question.  Is there a way to stop the EWRS script from running? (in the single player mission - not on your server)

I fly in VR and those pop up reports become a pain soon after you hop into the pit.  Thanks again 🍻

Edited by MVS-Viper

Image36.jpg

On 12/21/2022 at 12:37 AM, MVS-Viper said:

Hi,

Thanks for creating such great missions for DCS.  I really enjoy the variety and the dynamic side of the missions. 

One question.  Is there a way to stop the EWRS script from running? (in the single player mission - not on your server)

I fly in VR and those pop up reports become a pain soon after you hop into the pit.  Thanks again 🍻

You can change it in the EWRS menu in F10 - Other by disabling auto-reports in one of the options there. - I can see about it being an option that you disable in the settings by default

Edited by deadlyfishes

"Through The Inferno"

On 12/22/2022 at 11:29 PM, MVS-Viper said:

Sure that would be great.  If it is a simple edit to the MIZ file I can do that part.  I'm just not sure where to look in the mission editor to stop the script.  

Thanks.

Removing that script might break the entire mission so you'll have to wait for an update. I have a fix currently for this, if you DM me on discord I can hand you the WIP file 🙂

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

Update January 12, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.0a

• Added Black Shark 3 module

• Added new optional expansion script for popular flyable DCS Aircraft Mods (F-22A, F-35, Su-30, and more!)

• Restored "A2A Hard" to just be a regular A2A spawn using the A2A HARD template

• Previously, A2A Hard was setup as the A2A Enemy Elite Squadron spawn, but now this has it's own new spawn type as "A2A Enemy Elite Sqn" in the menu. This utilizes the A2A HARD template list as a spawning pool for now.

• Added "SINGLE MISSION MODE" which is a great way to save on performance or simply let the mission decide which mission you need to tackle, by spawning in ONE SINGLE MISSION at a time, randomly choosing which mission type is spawned.

• a new mission type will spawn (never the same one twice), and which mission types are in rotation are editable in the mission settings.
  • Added Anti-Ship Convoy missions, they are the same as Ground Convoy Missions, but at sea! Corresponding configurable options are available, along with editable templates in the mission editor, again same as the ground convoys. Obviously, this mission type is not available on maps where ships cannot be placed normally. (NTTR)
  • Disabled Anti-Ship (Static) missions by default, and lieu of that, enabled Anti-Ship Convoy missions by default.

• Added 7 more potential ground convoy routes to add much more variety to convoy missions.

• Fixed an issue where -destroy and -smoke Zeus commands did not work unless done on low altitude ground. These commands should now work on any altitude of ground as expected.

• Added a new RAT menu option to spawn all CVN assets that have not already been initialized.

• Added option to have "A2A Constant" enemy air spawns respawn after a kill. Currently by default and previously, A2A Constant spawns happens on a timer, and you can optionally switch to this new option for constant spawns to happen after the constant A2A enemy aircraft group is destroyed.

• Added a F10 Other menu option to disable A2A auto-spawns while mid-mission.

• Optional Expansion scripts now allow for custom airfield spawn locations

• Added options in mission settings to change unit threshold amounts, which determines how many units remain before the mission clears itself out to avoid issues where it may be impossible to find/destroy the last remaining unit.

• Made EWRS update interval and display time more reasonable by default. You can still change these settings in-game and/or within the mission settings that you edit in the Mission Editor.

• Added an option to make EWRS AWACS auto-reports on or off by default.

• Added an option to change EWRS display time.

• Fixed an issue where A2A Helo missions were not spawning from the correct spawning pool list.

• Further polish and cleaning up of the organization of the F10 Other Menu for ease of use.

• Allowed Carrier Deck layout menu in the Cold War era.

• Allowed more RAT Carrier aircraft in Cold War Era

• Carrier aircraft slots initialize Carrier RAT AI planes, Carrier deck statics. Modded aircraft that can spawn on carriers will now also trigger these spawns.
  • When ground missions with available WPT initializes, the message of the new mission will display with the WPT number.

• Optionally installed modded player aircraft spawns trigger their respective tankers and logistics.

• Further improvements to mission detection logic that should alleviate some script processing performance.

• Any and all new features above have been updated in detail in the TTI SP Tutorials and Guides Documentation:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/177ydPq1tJsOli7tKKKAuPxybfOw2yAo5

Edited by deadlyfishes
  • Thanks 2

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 weeks later...

Update February 3, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.2a

• Added Mirage F1-EE module. Mission will spawn the proper tanker for this module as well.

• Mission now recognizes several mod aircraft as tanker-compatible aircraft (F-22A will spawn the boom tanker for example)

• Fixed an issue on Caucasus where a helo mission marker was slightly offset.

• Ground convoys both red and blue are now randomized at EACH spawn, utilizing the standard 'spawning pool list' method. This means convoy templates are no longer edited within the mission editor.
  • ease check documentation on how to edit convoy spawning pools

• Fixed an issue where the tankers were spawning too low below low cloud layers.

• Fixed an issue in Random Air Traffic script where too many AV-8B's were spawning on the LHA-1, along with too many helos. This number has been reduced and options were added.

• Added an option to remove debug options such as "End Mission" from the F-10 debug menu.

• Added red/blue_ship_supplytilde to spawning pools and the Zeus spawning list. Check documentation for details.

• Added red/blue_ship_ls_ropucha to spawning pools and the Zeus spawning list. Check documentation for details.

• "I'm hit ejecting"/"Eject" friendly voice lines will not play if the aircraft that gets destroyed is an un-manned aircraft (drone).

• Helicopter related scripts (CTLD, CSAR) will now only load if and when a player occupies a helicopter slot. FARPs are still usable for other aircraft even without CTLD or CSAR scripts.

• Any and all new features above have been updated in detail in the TTI SP Tutorials and Guides Documentation:
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 weeks later...

Update March 1, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.3a

• Added A2G SEAD mission type with proper options to enable/disable autostart, AFAC/JTACs at mission etc...

• Fixed the AI F-15E loadouts to be a bit more realistic.

• AWACS will reset after a few hours.

• Added debug option in F10 - Other menu to reset AWACS manually.

• Fixed some sounds from the Enhancer Script not playing properly.

• Thanks 2

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...

Update March 11, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.4a

• Fixed a major crash/CTD, and loading issue with DCS 2.8.3.37556 Open Beta Multi-Threading (MT). - This version now works and is fully compatible with Multi-Threading (MT).

• Fixed an issue where CTLD and CSAR menus were not loading.

• Fixed an issue where enabling the WW2 Asset Pack units were breaking the scripting environment.

• Added new customizable settings to adjust tanker speed.

• Any and all new features above have been updated in detail in the TTI SP Tutorials and Guides Documentation: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/177ydPq1tJsOli7tKKKAuPxybfOw2yAo5
  • Thanks 2

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 months later...

I have been looking for the expansion script referred to in the documentation (FIGHTERS MOD) to configure the addon mods I have downloaded.

I cannot seem to find the .lua file to download or edit. Or do I need to create it? Sorry if I am being dense. I looked through the .zip file and in the Trigger's section and couldn't find it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Hehe: I found it in the zip file for the OTHER TTI maps. It was not present in the Las Vegas TTI .zip!

The .lua I found in the Persian Gulf and Marianas TTI zip files didn't seem to have the UH60L in it. Will it work if I just add the lines for the UH60L and then plug that expansion into the Las Vegas TTI?

Edited by Recluse

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 12:54 PM, Recluse said:

I have been looking for the expansion script referred to in the documentation (FIGHTERS MOD) to configure the addon mods I have downloaded.

I cannot seem to find the .lua file to download or edit. Or do I need to create it? Sorry if I am being dense. I looked through the .zip file and in the Trigger's section and couldn't find it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Hehe: I found it in the zip file for the OTHER TTI maps. It was not present in the Las Vegas TTI .zip!

The .lua I found in the Persian Gulf and Marianas TTI zip files didn't seem to have the UH60L in it. Will it work if I just add the lines for the UH60L and then plug that expansion into the Las Vegas TTI?

So all the expansion does is add the mod aircraft to the random air traffic and spawning pools if you enable them. You can still use the UH-60L by adding it to the mission.

Though, in the next update I'm adding it the same way the other modded aircraft are added. Thanks for the heads up about the missing scripts for nevada!

"Through The Inferno"

6 hours ago, Recluse said:

Thanks for the response and for the clarification!!  I was thinking the mod randomly spawned clients of the selected mods for use.  I guess I was over thinking things.

No worries, I actually went ahead and made it possible for the expansion scripts to do just that now 🙂

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

Update June 11, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.5a

• Added new TTI Sinai SP Maps that include two variations - Cairo and Northern regions.

• Su-24M CAS variant now available as enemy AI in spawning pools and Zeus.

• Fixed an issue where friendly CAP reinforcements were not taking off on the proper airfield on some TTI SP Maps.

• Template AWACS unit re-named to ensure that F-14A/B datalink information is more clear which one is a template unit and is inactive.

• Fixed compatibility issues with the TTI SP Normandy - Normandy 2 is now fully working and compatible.

• Any and all new features above have been updated in detail in the TTI SP Tutorials and Guides Documentation

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 months later...

Update October 26, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.8a

• JTAC/AFAC Drones will now prioritize air defenses before targeting armor, then soft targets, then finally infantry.

• Option added for JTAC/AFAC Drones to prioritize air defenses or to choose targets at random. Prioritizing air defenses is the default setting.

• Extended the F10 Other - Menu options for JTAC/AFAC target status by adding options for the time to display the status pop-up, similar to the active target location options.

• Fixed an issue in the Caucasus mission where some F10 - Other menu options were duplicated and caused spawning issues.

• Added method within the RAT.lua to change whether certain RAT spawns start on runway, hot or cold on ramp. These options are not exposed in the mission settings, but can be changed in the lua for ease of future updates for the mission designer.

• Cleaned up the startup script and settings text and consolidated to a single text box. This status message can be disabled in the mission settings. Additionally, you can see the script and startup status of the mission via the F10. Other Misc Mission Tools and Utils Menu.

• Fixed an issue (DCS 2.9 OB) where kill messages were being triggered by A2G units hitting a player

Any and all new features above have been updated in detail in the TTI SP Tutorials and Guides Documentation:

• Thanks 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 weeks later...

Update November 18, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.9a

• Ensure compatibility with DCS Open Beta DCS 2.9.1.48111 or later:
    https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.9.1.48111/
  • Fixed many script errors relating to CTLD, CSAR, Tanker Spawns and other core scripts relating to DCS Engine Update. Please ensure that you do not use any DCS Open Beta version earlier than DCS Open Beta DCS 2.9.1.48111 which was released on November 11, 2023.

• Fixed an issue where some MISSION ERAs and WW2 Asset Pack were not working, causing script errors on some maps.

• Skynet IADs now has a proper Red EW to ensure working Skynet IAD SAMs.

• Added an option to load/read mission settings from local files on your PC, that do not require re-saving or re-loading scripts into the mission via the editor. This is not the default behavior, you must change this in the DEFINE MISSION LOAD SETTINGS in the MISSION EDITOR first. See documentation and included text file for details.

Any and all new features above have been updated in detail in the TTI SP Tutorials and Guides Documentation:

Edited by deadlyfishes
  • Thanks 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 months later...

Update March 17, 2024 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.9f

• Changed despawn logic of friendly BLUE AI aircraft. Carrier type aircraft despawn quicker than other airframe types to ensure that carrier decks are not blocked when AI are busy doing launch and recovery.

• Updated text readme and online documentation on how to get "load settings from saved games" to work.

• Fixed an issue where it was possible that Korean War and WW2 era aircraft would sometimes deploy modern countermeasures.

• Fixed an issue where friendly A2A spawns TO PLAYER location did not have a working waypoint for the AI or map marker.

• Fixed an issue with spawning SMERCH units that caused an error.

• Fixed an issue with spawning BLUE TRAINER AIRCRAFT units that caused an error.

• Fixed an issue where CONVOY INTEL would always display when asking for single mission intel of another type

• Fixed an issue where mission settings were not showing the correct setting for JTAC drones.

• Fixed an issue where ground units requesting air support/CAS messages would not go on cooldown sometimes and constantly spam.

• Add new artillery units to spawning pools and database: red_arty_hlb8m1 and red_arty_ttb8m1 (Insurgent trucks with B8M1 80mm launchers)

• Add new AAA flak units to spawning pools and database: red_aa_aaa_s60, red_aa_aaa_ks19, red_aa_aaa_firecan_son9
  • Changed TTI Settings default in editor and in scripts to improve performance for defaults.

• Changed default enemy A2A spawning pools, removing most US fighters spawning as enemy A2A.

• Add options for CTLD/CSAR to start on mission load, will wait for player to spawn in helo first by default

• Using MOOSE CSAR now, which has the same functionality as before with a few more quality of life improvements, such as downed pilots will now run towards your helo if you are able to land nearby

• Add radio menu option to FLARE DESIGNATE active ground and/or ship convoy missions.

• Add new options to change the number of units in enemy ship and ground convoys

• Removed a dependency on carrier spawn so that certain mods do not break loading the mission scripts. Note that mods that break carrier spawns will still have broken carriers regardless of DCS mission. This is for those who choose to continue to use these mods and do not intend to use carriers. A message will warn about this, and can still pop-up if the carriers were accidentally removed or renamed in the mission editor.

• Added text file with recommended settings to improve performance.

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"