[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Hello gents, 

I got a compatibility issue I can't get my nose around to fix on my own and I seek help.

My cockpit use Simshaker Wings for DCS and another app named DCSto F4 which is a great app allowing me to make my cockpit completely working with the DCS F-16 through the F4 BMS shared memory.

Don't ask 🙂
Basically my pit has been designed for BMS use but now flies DCS. That app allows my pit to run perfectly with DCS as well with no further programming.

The problem is that depending on the order of the declaration in the DCS export.lua file, I either get Simshaker to work or DCSto F4 to work.
I can't have both working at the same time  

If I declare Simshaker first, it does not work
If I declare DCStoF4 first in the export.lua file, then DCSto F4 does not work.

The team responsible for the DCStoF4 app is aware of the problem but I wanted to see if you guys had any idea what i can do to get both of the useful app in my pit working at the same time? 

attached current export. lua where DcstoF4 works but shimshaker does not

Thanks for your time, any help appreciated

Export.lua

• Like 1

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

http://www.ravico.com/ST/perso/Sig_generale.png

[/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Red Dog said:

Hello gents, 

I got a compatibility issue I can't get my nose around to fix on my own and I seek help.

My cockpit use Simshaker Wings for DCS and another app named DCSto F4 which is a great app allowing me to make my cockpit completely working with the DCS F-16 through the F4 BMS shared memory.

Don't ask 🙂
Basically my pit has been designed for BMS use but now flies DCS. That app allows my pit to run perfectly with DCS as well with no further programming.

The problem is that depending on the order of the declaration in the DCS export.lua file, I either get Simshaker to work or DCSto F4 to work.
I can't have both working at the same time  

If I declare Simshaker first, it does not work
If I declare DCStoF4 first in the export.lua file, then DCSto F4 does not work.

The team responsible for the DCStoF4 app is aware of the problem but I wanted to see if you guys had any idea what i can do to get both of the useful app in my pit working at the same time? 

attached current export. lua where DcstoF4 works but shimshaker does not

Thanks for your time, any help appreciated

Export.lua 1 kB · 1 download

Hello Red Dog,

Do you mean SimShaker for Aviators doesn't work in this case? SimShaker Wings doesn't require any lua scripts.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i'm confused now Andre? 

8 hours ago, =Andre= said:

What if you try to use Wings?

is Wing compatible with DCS? I though aviator was supporting DCS and Wings was supporting others (like BMS) 

You mean what happens if I use Wings with BMS or are you telling me I should try wings with DCS? 

Edited by Red Dog

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

12 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

i'm confused now Andre? 

is Wing compatible with DCS? I though aviator was supporting DCS and Wings was supporting others (like BMS) 

You mean what happens if I use Wings with BMS or are you telling me I should try wings with DCS? 

Wings reads BMS sharing memory. Once the memory file gets stuffed by DCStoF4, Wings gets as chance to work (maybe partially) as well.

At least I would be curious to try it out having such a setup. But I don't own DCS F-16 module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 11/16/2023 at 7:48 PM, =Andre= said:

Wings reads BMS sharing memory. Once the memory file gets stuffed by DCStoF4, Wings gets as chance to work (maybe partially) as well.

At least I would be curious to try it out having such a setup. But I don't own DCS F-16 module.

I had to try....:) 

It doesn't work for me..but not too interested neither as i don't have special hardware for bms

But it would be good if the two softwares would be unified, with yours as a paid addon (or for the aviators as a free add-on for yours)

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

9 minutes ago, f4l0 said:

Did you try the latest SSA beta?

I just noticed that the download page does not list the latest beta… I fix this later today…

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, f4l0 said:

I just noticed that the download page does not list the latest beta… I fix this later today…

Thanks for noticing @f4l0 .. I thought the latest Beta "was 2.6.9" and I downloaded it last night : ) 

I just used the handy link you have in your signature and the FIBE is working and shaking great on 2.6.10.0! 

Cheers! 

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

5 hours ago, VirusAM said:

But it would be good if the two softwares would be unified, with yours as a paid addon (or for the aviators as a free add-on for yours)

Thank you for the feedback.
I realize this probably would be good for customers, but we do not plan much more unification than it is now. Please excuse us.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 11/16/2023 at 7:48 PM, =Andre= said:

Happy to report that it does work André.
I have more subtle reaction than I had with DCS running straight from Aviator. But I get G forces, gear, speedbrake and stall. I don't get guns and payload discharge
But I'll play some more with the settings.

Many thanks for pointing it out to what I did not see 

I do have the software saying that it's working in Demo mode though. 
I updated to latest version last week and reactivated the software but the tab advanced options and registration still shows the button activate soffware and the top of the windows report Version 2.17 Unregistred, working in DEMO mode.

Edited by Red Dog

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, Red Dog said:

Happy to report that it does work André.
I have more subtle reaction than I had with DCS running straight from Aviator. But I get G forces, gear, speedbrake and stall.

Great news! Thank you for the update.

I don't get guns and payload discharge
But I'll play some more with the settings.

First of all please check that you don't have unlimited ammo enabled in DCS settings. But it may require some extra job on DCStoF4 end as well.

I do have the software saying that it's working in Demo mode though. 
I updated to latest version last week and reactivated the software but the tab advanced options and registration still shows the button activate soffware and the top of the windows report Version 2.17 Unregistred, working in DEMO mode.

Well, it doesn't limit the effects number until it's got expired. Sounds strange though. Anyway, we can fix it.

Please email me some Wings screenshots.

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to set it so continuous gunfire with the A-10c produced continuous haptic feedback/shaking? Whenever I fire the gun, it shakes initially and then immediately stops (and doesn’t last as long as the weapon is firing). Thanks in advance!

P.S - I’m using the HL8 pad set as Forcefeel pad in Simshaker settings.

6 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

How can I make Su-30SM mod and F-15E compatible with SSA? Both are response less 

Could you please provide a link to this Su-30SM mod?

F-15E is supported in the latest SimShaker for Aviators version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 hours ago, Mad Jack McMad said:

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to set it so continuous gunfire with the A-10c produced continuous haptic feedback/shaking? Whenever I fire the gun, it shakes initially and then immediately stops (and doesn’t last as long as the weapon is firing). Thanks in advance!

P.S - I’m using the HL8 pad set as Forcefeel pad in Simshaker settings.

Maybe the seat power supply unit is not capable enough. What if you decrease the vibration strength for this effect in SSA settings?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Could you please provide a link to this Su-30SM mod?

F-15E is supported in the latest SimShaker for Aviators version.

Su-30MK_SFM v2.1.12b.zip - Google Drive

Please make it compatible. It is a must have mod.

Im keeping the Stable version. Do you think Should I jump to the beta version?

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

Su-30MK_SFM v2.1.12b.zip - Google Drive

Please make it compatible. It is a must have mod.

Im keeping the Stable version. Do you think Should I jump to the beta version?

Talking about SimShaker for Aviators, yes, I'd recommend you to install the latest beta. Stable version had a bug with logging.

Is there any official page/thread for this mod?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Talking about SimShaker for Aviators, yes, I'd recommend you to install the latest beta. Stable version had a bug with logging.

Is there any official page/thread for this mod?

• Thanks 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

17 hours ago, =Andre= said:

Maybe the seat power supply unit is not capable enough. What if you decrease the vibration strength for this effect in SSA settings?

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the response. I tried lowering the vibration strength and it made no difference. Continuous firing feedback works in the native HL8 pad software, so I know it is possible with this piece of hardware. It’s the only thing I can’t get working in SSA (everything else about the SSA software is incredible).

When using SSA the A10c gunfire vibrates for a moment and stops, unless you repeatedly tap the trigger (in which case you can chain together mini vibrations as a form of continuous haptic feedback - although it is not particularly immersive). 

In the native HL8 pad software the haptic feedback lasts as long as the gun trigger is pressed (as continuous feedback). I would dearly love for this to also be possible within SSA.