Alternative CSAR Script

Ciribob

Definitely worked on the test mission online...

The slot isn't blocked as such, but if you jump in the aircraft that a pilot has ejected from you'll be removed from the aircraft in 10 seconds so you can't fly.

Would you mind PMing me your mission so I can take a look?

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

It was the enclosed test mission, buddy.

DCS 1.5 HF2, running AMVI DAWS persistence mod from missionscripting.lua.

I've made two tests, the same result, run the sample miz from the github download on a dedicated server, run the mission, use a client to join the server as an F-15, eject, notice messages, ESC, rejoin slot, note message about this is blocked, wait more than ten seconds, nothing happens. I've seen it work from a single client, My computer, but its not got DAWS due to the requirement of opening up unsafe scripting to the filesystem.

I'm going to try testing without DAWS as thats not working either and Chromium asked if these two scripts are compatible.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Thanks! I'll check out DAWS later as maybe they are conflicting in some way.

I listen for the player entered vehicle event to trigger the aircraft disabled check.

Would you mind sending over the server logs if you have them? They should have the line "checking unit xxxx" when you get in an aircraft if the event worked.

Edit: sorry, so you get the message saying this aircraft is unavailabe until pilot X is rescued but the aircraft isn't removed? Sorry being a bit dense today...

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

New version of the CSAR Script v1.8 - 1.5 - BETA Compatible!

Changed the way the aircraft is removed from the game due to a bug in 1.5

The aircraft is now destroyed after takeoff if the pilot is yet to be rescued. You can change the height at which this happens using csar.destructionHeight.

Make sure you have the new MIST 4.0.57 !

Fully compatible with 1.5 with working radio beacons for homing to pilots

By default AI pilots don't need rescuing and you can fly a CSAR heli after ejecting even if the pilot isn't rescued. These defaults are easily changeable at the top of CSAR.lua for your missions :)

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

Please see Github for latest code

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CSAR

Please Note: For radio beacons to work you must add beacon.ogg to your mission!

Thanks Pikey (again!) for the detailed bug report and testing help. :thumbup:

Cool! Thanks Ciribob, looking forward to plugging this one into some of my edited missions that use your script.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

• 4 weeks later...

Ciribob, I said i'd upload the ejection siren that you would hear over the guard channel. I have to admit we used it then got rapidly bored of the noise. :helpsmilie:I'll try to get them not to eject so often, huh...

Someone else maybe would use it. Theres a number of ways you can use it, you can place static messages on the guard channel via a ground unit or have an on ejection trigger playsound to all or replace the beacon.ogg in yours...up to them I guess.

ejectsiren.zip

Any farp.

Thanks Pikey for the sound!

The pilot(s) is dropped automatically as long as you land near a unit in the MASH list.

You can set a truck instead of a tent as the MASH so your MASH can move :)

Which version of MIST do you need for 1.2.16 and this script?

This also works with player operated aircraft? So if a player ejects, the script kicks in as well?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Which version of MIST do you need for 1.2.16 and this script?

This also works with player operated aircraft? So if a player ejects, the script kicks in as well?

Looney, it should work with the latest MIST as its backwards compatible.

You'll need to use this version for 1.2: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CSAR/archive/5aec1ab797a433079bd0f53feae2c37920f50ccd.zip

Let me know if it doesnt work! :)

Great stuff, thanks! I'll let you know if it works.

If the names of the MEDEVAC units are changed in the .lua file to resemble the CTLD script names helicargo1... Will this allow one helicopter to use both scripts?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Great stuff, thanks! I'll let you know if it works.

If the names of the MEDEVAC units are changed in the .lua file to resemble the CTLD script names helicargo1... Will this allow one helicopter to use both scripts?

Yup. If you look at the latest version for 1.5 I've already done that for you. On most VSAAF missions we have both scripts enabled for helis :)

Hi Ciribob, I tested the script in 1.2.16 as per your download link and used MIST 3.0.57. It worked! Thanks again for a great script.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Ciribob, I tested the script in 1.2.16 as per your download link and used MIST 3.0.57. It worked! Thanks again for a great script.

No worries! Glad it worked :)

• 1 month later...

New version of the CSAR Script v1.8.1 - 1.5 Compatible!

*** FOR 1.5 or 2.0: Make sure all CSAR players are in separate groups / flights ***

Change log:

• Added the ability to rescue pilots by landing at a FARP or Friendly Airfield

As well as (or instead of) adding a MASH unit, you can now land at any friendly or neutral airfield to rescue pilots as suggested by Pikey a while ago. Apologies for taking so long to get back to it.

This option can be disabled by changing csar.allowFARPRescue

Fully compatible with 1.5 with working radio beacons for homing to pilots

By default AI pilots don't need rescuing and you can fly a CSAR heli after ejecting even if the pilot isn't rescued. These defaults are easily changeable at the top of CSAR.lua for your missions :)

Edited by Ciribob

Is there any news about the slot blocking from ED? The workaround is OK, but some funky things can happen running the script so I stopped.

The Unit.Destroy() for player clients still isn't working properly as far as I know but it has been reported.

What weird behaviour have you had? I'm intrigued! :D

There's a new api Document in DCS World/APi/DCS_ControlAPI.txt that in theory means you can actually stop a player from selecting the client slot but i've not had time to have a proper look yet.

If you use unit destroy on a player client it makes them invisible, and their weapons. Like a huge desync but not, as you can ram or shoot others down. Much confusion was had. :)

The new API sounds promising and probably way more cool and useful for multiplayer.

The version of 1.5 that this occured on was beta and a few updates back, i've not tested it again as I wasn't that interested in reproducing :)

If you use unit destroy on a player client it makes them invisible, and their weapons. Like a huge desync but not, as you can ram or shoot others down. Much confusion was had. :)

The new API sounds promising and probably way more cool and useful for multiplayer.

The version of 1.5 that this occured on was beta and a few updates back, i've not tested it again as I wasn't that interested in reproducing :)

Ah gotcha, yeah its a very odd bug.

Does this version work ok for you with the explode mechanic instead of the unit:destroy()?

• 3 weeks later...

New version of the CSAR Script v1.8.3 - 1.5 Compatible!

*** FOR 1.5 or 2.0: Make sure all CSAR players are in separate groups / flights ***

Change log:

• Adds ability to BLOCK a multiplayer slot using optional other script
  • Extra fix for rescue to FARP to work around DCS Bug
  • Added sort by distance downed pilot list
  • Increased range you can request a signal flare from from a downed pilot to 3KM

New feature using the API functions in DCS. Its now possible to stop a user entering a multiplayer slot.

To enable this, edit the CSAR script and set csar.enableSlotBlocking = true and add to your mission.

Copy the csarSlotBlockGameGUI.lua file to C:/Users/<YOUR USERNAME>/DCS/Scripts for 1.5 or C:/Users/<YOUR USERNAME>/DCS.openalpha/Scripts for 2.0

If you mission uses flags, make sure that all the flags you use are above 1000 to stop conflicts with the disable script.

Setup video and Demo