How does one get AI Pinpoint Strike Aircraft to engage multiple Targets?

enigma6584

I'm having a bit of trouble in the mission editor trying to get a pinpoint strike flight to engage four separate targets with four separate AGM-154Cs. The situation is this: Two ship flight armed with two AGM-154C each, attacking some oil storage facilities. I wanted to get the flight to target one AGM-154C for each storage facility. The targets are on the same island next to each other.

I first tried an advanced way-point command where I had four separate target markers, one each for the four oil storage facilities. The way-point that the advanced way-point target markers are used is about 25nm away from the island. What happens is each aircraft drops it's AGM-154Cs and then goes on to next way-point, like it should. Problem is those four AGM-154Cs hit the first target only and leave the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th alone.

I've got the advanced way-point set to attack map object and then weapon at auto, release quantity on auto but again, cannot get one missile for each target. I've tried different variations of this but again, all four missile only target the very first map object targeted in the advanced way-point.

I've even tried giving the flight four separate way-points with four separate target points and still they only target the very first map object with all four AGM-154Cs.

Does anyone have any idea how to get an AI Pinpoint Strike Flight to target each AGM-154C to individual targets? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Easiest is to specify certain parameters for the task. Primarily setting the weapon type to standard asm or whatever best fits the weapon you want to use and release quantity to one.

Copy that task for however many targets there are and move it. Once the AI launches its 1 weapon it is allowed to use on the target it attacks the next target and it keeps going. Granted AI still do it one target at a time and there can be instances with JDAMS where multiple passes are required, but all targets will be attacked in sequence. With JSOW there is a lot more leeway in the AI rippling on targets so its not as big an issue.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum