Plans for Block 2 J-11 ? (adds air-refueling probe)

D4n

Is it planned to also make a Block 2 J-11 for DCS? Currently Su-33 is the only air-refuel capable Suchoi aircraft, but it lacks R-77 capability.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I believe it was asked before (100% certain it was) and I believe the answer on that day from uboats was (80% certain) something along the lines of no, not currently planned but open to the option for some things from block 2 later down the line if it made sense to do. I don't know if that is the case today, but probably not.

Edit- Uboats reply was "currently block 1" when asked about the aircraft being block 1,2,3.

So probably no, though it could happen but just unlikely. But who knows, that is just inferences from me.

Edit- I am apparently blind, what I posted was for the JF-17 not J-11

Edited by ShadowFrost

• 3 weeks later...

The "currently block 1" was about JF17. Not J11 or Su30 (but no way they do it since chinese dont get Su30...).

Here the post is about J11 then, and as far as we know, after JF17 is finished, they will moove back to J11A to get it properly done. BUT a long time ago they talk about J11B variant as full click plane, so J11A stay FC3 but with all it systems, wich would allow it to be sell as standalone. :)

Lets wait and see for JF17 first anyway. Can't wait :p

The "currently block 1" was about JF17. Not J11 or Su30 (but no way they do it since chinese dont get Su30...).

Here the post is about J11 then, and as far as we know, after JF17 is finished, they will moove back to J11A to get it properly done. BUT a long time ago they talk about J11B variant as full click plane, so J11A stay FC3 but with all it systems, wich would allow it to be sell as standalone. :)

Lets wait and see for JF17 first anyway. Can't wait :p

Did I actually read that as JF17 when it was J11? Whoops...

Have they officially announced they would develop the J11 as full module? I keep seeing posts which suggest they are...

I don't think there has been any official announcement and we're unlikely to hear anything until the JF-17 is out and out of early access.

they always said that they would first finish JF17 then get back to J11... But they never specified if it would be to finish it as a FC3 or get it Full module....

Also, i always hoped for J11A as FC3 (because it's basically almost Su27 we allready get... So no big improvement without R77) but get it's radar, datalink and other chinese stuff instead basic Sukhoi FC3 ones.

And as a full module we could get a J11B.. wich is a glass cockpit J11 with refuel probe if i remember well.. and few stuff different from A one.

It would be almost like FC3 F15C and Full F15E by razbam (operated solo as fighter, wich can be done). 2 modules differents with full one just little over FC3 one... But without divest smaller wallet. :)

Anyway, JF17 really hype me... and If we get a J11A or B full module... i guess lot of ppl will still get it because it will be "only sukhoi full module"... I will see by then.

But Jf17 is coming this summer 2 years after announcement of the plane... J11 will take at least one year... So... no rush ;) I will enjoy Hornet, JF17, Mirage and maybe maybe F16 by the time, waiting for deka next module as well as Mirage F1 by aviodev :)

• 1 month later...

ED has to add this first anyways to make a J-11 Block 2 very important: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=238399

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 4 months later...
Is it planned to also make a Block 2 J-11 for DCS? Currently Su-33 is the only air-refuel capable Suchoi aircraft, but it lacks R-77 capability.

There is no such thing as J-11A block II. There is only the J-11B.

By the way, none of the J-11 series (including J-11D) has air-refuel prob.

none of the J-11 series (including J-11D) has air-refuel prob.

Oh, okay. Strange. Others in the thread said it does add it. Also, any idea why the chinese wouldn't add refuel probe?

Huh that's interesting, apparently J-15 uses the US DoD MIL-STD-1553 ? I thought that MIL-STD would be a well-kept NATO secret?