Virpil WarBRD sale

mungo13

As I recall, an extension is not recommended for use with WarBrd. It is designed for desktop use and has a higher degree of excursion than the T50.

Northrop F-5E TIGER II

Intel i7-9700k @ 5.0 GHz | GTX 3070 | 32 GB | HTC VIVE PRO 2
Virpil T50 CM2 base + CM2 grip | CM2 Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV

22deg movement on warbrd Vs 16deg movement on CM2 base

extensions are not recommended with the warbrd base

I use mine with a deskmount (the mongoost-50/CM/CM2 grip is too damn tall to use on a desktop with warbrd)

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

I use a shorter extension (7.5cm) quite happily on it with the stronger springs - wouldn't want to go longer though

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Question on this.... is an extension needed with the WarBRD base ?

T-50 grip height under palm rest is like a Warthog grip with 50mm extension, this with 22 degrees (per side) movement of gimbal give you plenty of movement in top of grip. Anyway if go for extension, consider 50mm.

VPC's sizes:

http://www.havoc-company.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1386

T-50 grip height under palm rest is like a Warthog grip with 50mm extension, this with 22 degrees (per side) movement of gimbal give you plenty of movement in top of grip. Anyway if go for extension, consider 50mm.

VPC's sizes:

http://www.havoc-company.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1386

Great drawings - Virpil should have them on their page

WarBRD grip is clearly shorter than T50 one, thus 5cm extension would make them approximately equal.

Question on this.... is an extension needed with the WarBRD base ?

To repeat - Virpil stated that gimbal of the WarBRD base is strong enough to handle the stiffer springs and extension leverage. The risk is that (when using older 90-degree desk mounts) this increased area of movement comes with a chance of banging the grip against the mount or the table. Damage is not covered under warranty

Some people claimed that with long extensions they feel nearly no resistance around the center of the movement. Even with the provided strong springs.