Slaw Device RX Viper V2 Rudder Pedals

The point of the damper is the hydraulic feel rather than feeling super precise. The T-rudders were great at that. 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

The main purpose of a damper in rudder pedals is a friction component. An adjustable clutch like in some VKB joysticks would probably do the job too. I rarely move the pedals fast enough to really feel the damping effect. 

Without the damper the high end pedals are almost too light. All the bearings and no internal resistance, make it easy to overcorrect and difficult to fell where the rudder is at. 

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I posted a link to a damper I bought off amazon, I wonder where it went to....
oh yeah, 10 posts up. I get the feeling the search function is a dying fad? Probably save a lot of heartache for the web devs by removing the search function seeing as how its useless around here.
Haha! I guess I was drunk when you posted that. I have even liked your post. I did use the search function last time. That's why I asked. I feel soooo ashamed.
Don't know what happened, but thanks for reminding me again!
Now, off to place an order.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Haha! emoji2957.png I guess I was drunk when you posted that. emoji2361.png I have even liked your post. I did use the search function last time. That's why I asked. I feel soooo ashamed.
Don't know what happened, but thanks for reminding me again! emoji1303.png
Now, off to place an order.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

wasnt a hit on you, that includes me.

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

you're fine, I didnt take it as such. merely clarifying! 

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• 4 months later...

My slaw pedals died this weekend...

My wallpaper and skins

Definitely curious on what happened.  

• Like 1

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Talking with Slaw right now, believes that it could be the fact I use a damper thats causing the problem. Every time you shut down and your rudder pedals arent center, they develop a memory and its center readjusts? So if its off center when you shut down, its likely going to be out of calibration next time you start. So Im going to have to possibly remove the damper and start a recalibration from scratch again. I dont know why I couldnt get it recalibrated this weekend, but hopefully this time it works. Ill report back.

• Like 2

My wallpaper and skins

Think they're known behavior.  I always center mine out as a matter of habit in addition to a small dead zone. 

Specs & Wishlist:

Yeah so do I. Guess Im going to have to get smart and try to prevent this from here on out, I never heard of this problem before today.

My wallpaper and skins

Ok managed to get them sorted. So it turns out that the calibration exe is kind of finicky as you should only calibrate one axis at a time. Also had to replace the main spring, but back on track!

• Like 2

My wallpaper and skins

Glad to see the problem is solved. I'm dreaming of a Viper v3...I just wanna have those rudder pedals! Unfortunately, the version 2 is no longer available....

• Like 3

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice

• 1 month later...
2 часа назад, etundidor сказал:

You guys have any idea about when those Viper 3 would be available?

I contacted Slaw back in August. Probably later this year. Not sure.

• Like 2

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice