Next Project

shu77

So trying to decide on my next project, would you like to see an Enroute chart for PG or airfield diagrams for Normandy? I need something to keep me occupied until the next update.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

I'd love to see a Normandy update. Don't even expand it - just bring it up to the standard of The Channel and Syria.

We'll need to let computer hardware catch up before expanding short of some kind of back end rewrite finding lots of performance (realistically, not likely).

I think you guys have misunderstood (completely) what the OP has said . . . .

He isn’t expanding maps, nor is he updating the maps.

CHARTS for PG, and/or airfield DIAGRAMS for Normandy.

Edited by garyscott

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

2f7.png

And to Shu77, enroutes for PG would be pretty good bud.

But no biggy if not chap. Take it easy. :thumbup:

Edited by garyscott

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Still playing with the layout, one of the challenges with a chart like this is the volume of content in one area followed by large spaces and trying to keep to one page. Was thinking something like this:

PG-ERSA2.png

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Technically just ERC Low, Theres not enough Air Traffic control to do IFR properly IMO, Have a look at the Syrian equivalent in my Sig, its really more bearings distances and Nav aids formatted to look vaguely like a chart., but they are an enjoyable Nav Aid to create.

cw1.png

That would be perfect bud. That type of format would be of great benefit, online, and offline SP.

Will see how much detail I can cram into the callout for UAE/Oman then. I've already lost one Nav Aid to get it that size, if I make it larger I will lose a couple more, but it is a difficult region to represent. On the Plus side it is a more complete map so I can start to add some more airfield data without too much risk of change

cw1.png

• 3 weeks later...

Project done and pending approval on ED Files

Slide2.png

Will be supporting through the PG airfield diagrams forum here

cw1.png

ERC Now available Here

cw1.png

Do people actually like the ERC IFR route diagrams? I feel like Caucasus and Nevada have sufficient Terminal charts in the default files already so theres no point adding them to my libraries but I'm debating whether to start an ERC for Nevada or Caucasus as a next project or to wait for Ugra to release some more of the Syria airfields they have planned. Quite keen to know what people want to see next

cw1.png