DCS Northern Europe by Starway

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dayum! The "goodies" just keep coming. Thanks guys.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Awesome job. Are you beating the black sea map build by eagle dynamics that comes in a couple of weeks with. dcs world 1.5?... Wow...:thumbup::pilotfly:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I would like to try this mod. I see in the first post that I should use SweetFX also. I'm sort of new to DCS so is there a guide to SweetFX anywhere that I should read?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Slight delay on the release of my building textures file, was playing around with this mod last night and noticed two buildings I had done, but somehow managed to forget to save to the upload. One was the uniwersam building, the first one I ever did !!!!

I will fix that today and upload it in the next few days.

DCS Northern Europe 3.2! by Starway

VDC16dy.jpg

Download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nncbbpdfk7w4701/Ground_Textures_Mod_3_2_by_Starway.rar

This update includes:

– overall retexturing of the caucasus map in all seasons

– new textures for trees

– new textures for sea and river banks

– new distance textures

– adjusted high.lua

easy to handle via jsgme

also:

This mod includes new HD-building textures by dimitriov and runway textures by T.Jacobs

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Hey guys,

there will be a first update very soon which will contain:

- new river and sea borders

- new distance textures for summer and spring for better contrast

- updated tree textures for summer

- updated fields and grass textures for spring and summer

Stay tuned!

Does this update include the updated fields and grass textures for spring and summer?

Thanks

Tazman

yes , This will definitely be my TERRAIN MOD till DCS 1.5 comes out in Sep.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Sorted out my cock-up, my buildings texture and block_texture files uploaded today.

Some minor changes to the buildings and a complete rework of the block_texture file to include building I have removed from my own game but others might want:

1.thumb.jpg.59e5f6d654465d0f5a0dbb077f3fbde0.jpg

Off for a rest from modding for while now, that block_texture file was a real pain the ass. Sadly, probably of no further use once Edge arrives, but who knows Eh !.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1452706/

Edited by crazyeddie

You guys do realize dcs 1.5 is coming with mustangs textures. So I imagine it's no big problem using these textures as well. But guess we will find out in sep........

Yep, realised that a long time ago. I have been around this sim since it was called Flanker and every time we get an upgrade in the game the eye candy seems to get worse, not anticipating any change in direction this time around either. With Flaming Cliffs we even managed to get all the buildings as structures within the Mission Editor, and that was fantastic fun. Most of the guys who did that have departed, guess they got fed up reinventing the wheel every year !!!

Same here. Would be nice to have it sorted- otherwise I'd prefer to take out the HD buildings. Hopefully its fixable?

See Mustang's post #9 here; http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136167

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Same here. Would be nice to have it sorted- otherwise I'd prefer to take out the HD buildings. Hopefully its fixable?

I do not have this problem using my own high.lua with my own buildings mod, here is the lua, try it, it might work depending on what other mods you are using.

[ATTACH]120120[/ATTACH]

High.lua

• Like 1

I do not have this problem using my own high.lua with my own buildings mod, here is the lua, try it, it might work depending on what other mods you are using.

[ATTACH]120120[/ATTACH]

Had a look at your High.lua file and the two parameters :

nearFullRenderDistance = 5.0;

nearDistance = 5.0;

are as recommended but the thing is that this file as implemented in this mod is adjusted to the Terrain factors - can I just change the parameters?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Had a look at your High.lua file and the two parameters :

nearFullRenderDistance = 5.0;

nearDistance = 5.0;

are as recommended but the thing is that this file as implemented in this mod is adjusted to the Terrain factors - can I just change the parameters?

Hey I think these lines are causing the problem with the poping textures So I think it is totally fine to change these parameters only.

Let me know if this solves the issue.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD